My upcoming mobile game with shenmue inspiration early footage

Kenzo130

"Probably not the youngest shenmue fan anymore :("
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Hood Story: Kaito Yamazaki
this is a beat em up game like you can see already in this early test i already add shenmue mechanics it really inspire me ,what do you think and what i can improve, for now the game have an endless survival mode , a training( qte and sparing ) to improve your fighting skill

i think i post this on the wrong thread how can i move this to the off topic thread ?

How much scope is there on this project?

Can you create small sandbox? If yes then I'll post more extensive ideas.

If no then have you seen/played Tekken Force in Tekken 3 on PSX? That style I think would be a good fit for your early models.

It's a great mobile style of gameplay that would work well with touch screen controls IMO. It would also save on rendering and animation.

I like Streets Of Rage/Guardian Heroes style games with RPG elements. Again I think these styles would fit your models.

QTE's might be a nice bonus round or segway into next level/round. Paying homage but not killing yourself trying to crowbar them into a deep story.

Simple control/combo style of Dead Or Alive or even Bloody Roar would make gameplay addictive.

Good luck with your project. Regardless of your direction look forward to seeing more.

How much scope is there on this project?

Can you create small sandbox? If yes then I'll post more extensive ideas.

If no then have you seen/played Tekken Force in Tekken 3 on PSX? That style I think would be a good fit for your early models.

It's a great mobile style of gameplay that would work well with touch screen controls IMO. It would also save on rendering and animation.

I like Streets Of Rage/Guardian Heroes style games with RPG elements. Again I think these styles would fit your models.

QTE's might be a nice bonus round or segway into next level/round. Paying homage but not killing yourself trying to crowbar them into a deep story.

Simple control/combo style of Dead Or Alive or even Bloody Roar would make gameplay addictive.

Good luck with your project. Regardless of your direction look forward to seeing more.
Thank you for your suggestions yes a tekken force / battle rally mode would be great and a small sandbox map in 2.5d view can be made

Last edited:
Back