Mystery of the White Leaf - a Shenmue Theory

That is a theory and connection I have honestly not ever seen discussed before. While I tend to think most of the VF elements have and will be scrubbed from the main story arc moving forward, it’s an interesting connection nonetheless.

I love the connections with VF, I really want to know more about Ryo’s mother Akane. About the leaf this is a interesting theory, would be really nice if we see a ninja in Shenmue. in Shenmue I we found that Iwao had a katana. I remember that because of the ninja stuff in this theory.

maxresdefault.jpg

"What if this leaf is some kind of token that authorizes entry to a specific location or is a means of contact like the Chowan sign?" I really think that this can happen, it would be really interesting if we need the white leaf to enter in a location where we will train with a master and learn more about Iwao.

I also wondered about that. If I remember correctly, unlike the photo found in the basement the leaf and mysterious scroll are not mandatory items, meaning that you can skip them and they won't be transferred to the Shenmue II, but I'm not completely sure if I remember it right to be honest, maybe someone else can confirm this.

I thought it had something to do with the Shenmue Tree as well, but also connected to the fact that Shenhua has the ability to "link" to her ancestors. Meaning that the Shenmue Tree we see in her flashback in Shenmue II may be the same one by her house in III, meaning it either ages very slowly or not at all.

Reactions: red
Back