Netflix Announces Live Action Cowboy Bebop TV Series

Rakim

なんまいだー

How excited/interested/angry/annoyed are you?

With this being an important show for a lot of people, even those who aren't necessarily anime fans, I forsee a lot of emotional responses from fanboys :ROFLMAO:

This could either be horrible or amazing. If it has the budget of Altered Carbon and good writing, it'll probably be the best original Sci-Fi show on the service. If even one thing goes wrong, it'll be a disaster.

And if the intro isn't "The Real Folk Blues" then just shut the entire thing down already, it's worthless.

I’m surprised and somewhat intrigued, just because it’s been 20 years since the series ended.

At the same time, not everything needs to be remade or adapted into something else. Anime tends to make for horrendous live action material; it'd be a shame to soil one of the all-time greats with something that will most likely be mediocre at best. Personally, I'd be happy to just be able to stream/ revisit the original anime on Netflix.

This could either be horrible or amazing. If it has the budget of Altered Carbon and good writing, it'll probably be the best original Sci-Fi show on the service. If even one thing goes wrong, it'll be a disaster.

Perhaps you're right.

Wish they did the same amount of love to Cowboy Beebops long forgotten (and in my opinion better) sister show Outlaw Star :p - crazy how they both aired alongside each other, yet everyone (even kids) know Cowboy Beebop, but no one knows Outlaw Star!

I'm still excited for this though, I quite enjoyed the live action Death Note, despite everyone else seemingly hating it!

Hope it's better than the anime. This topped all the "greatest anime ever" list but I found it to be very uninteresting.

The back stories of Faye, Spike and Jet seemed more interesting than what was going on but went mostly unrelieved as it was told in flashbacks. The first few episodes sucked me into the world but the lack of an overall story arc became very telling after.

Nice to know that something mostly unwanted by its fans is gonna go ahead while something like Daredevil just gets chucked away :tearsofjoy:

(Don't mind me, I'm just a salty Daredevil fan.)

Back on topic though. This has potential to be decent, but the general track record of live action anime adaptations aren't exactly amazing. Especially with the netflix name attached (Looking at you, Death Note. And side-eyeing Fullmetal Alchemist because it kind of tried even if it wasn't ultimately very good.)

But hey, who knows.

^ Not to derail the thread completely, but I find it somehow suspicious that every single Netflix Marvel show is being cancelled one after the other. Almost guaranteed that Jessica Jones and the Punisher are next.
Don't get me wrong, too much of a good thing tends to spoil the best IPs, and DD season 3 did end on a very nice note....but I wonder if some of these shows will be brought back on Disney+ at some point.

Back to Cowboy Bebop....I guess the fans have spoken: lukewarm reaction at best.

I can't imagine a real human actor being half as charismatic as Spike...

This might actually get me to finish watching the Anime. From what I have seen of Cowboy Bebop only the first 12-14ish episodes and the movie a few times I can say that I really, really enjoyed it. So to all the die hard fans I'm hoping it's good, but with the track record of live action anime's I'm worried, fingers crossed that it's good.

I have been to the future. It was good. So don't worry.

Well, Hollywood can't get anything right. Especially write.

How excited/interested/angry/annoyed are you?

With this being an important show for a lot of people, even those who aren't necessarily anime fans, I forsee a lot of emotional responses from fanboys :ROFLMAO:

Sorry I'll pass on this after all the bad live action anime and video game adaptations I have literally no faith in Netflix capturing what made the original series great.

Back