Never give up: new support ideas

Favourite title
Shenmue III
Currently playing
Shenmue III
Hi guys,
I'm a long time member of this website and community, although not very active :)
I'm one of those people whose life was changed by Shenmue. Because of Shenmue I took a major in Japanese language, studied Chinese, martial arts. Thanks to this game I travelled many times in Asia and from a couple of years started to work in the videogame industry.
I decided to write this post because I think that with all this commotion following the release, I think it might be useful to mark a few points.

First of all, let's realize it fully: we did it. We brought a series back from its grave, and we've been actively part of it. It was not just an economic drive from share-holders of a company... It was our desire to see this saga continue. We, who were probably kids in 1999.

This leads me to the second point... Back then we couldn't do much to support Yu Suzuki's vision. Most of us were probably students, Internet was still young and, above all, we were not a community, yet. Now we are, and together we made something that was considered impossible.
Where do we go from here? I'm reading many of us worry about sales and reviews... Well, let's think together about what we can still do. It's not 1999 nor 2001. We're not kids anymore.

Where do we start? I'll write what I thought during this week, but everybody, please feel free to post any idea! Just let's have a positive attitude :) it's our strength!

1) Christmas is approaching. I usually scratch my head to decide what presents I may give to my friends... This year I know. If they have a PS4, they'll receive a copy of Shenmue 3. If they have a gaming PC, I'll prepare a letter with money to be used on the Epic Store to get the game.
It's a bit like giving a book, in my opinion, and since Shenmue was such a cornerstone in my youth, I think this is a good gift for those who know me well.
Anyone who's skilled with Photoshop might create some nice printable cards to go along such presents?

2) One of the things that amazes me of Shenmue is its accuracy. A YouTube channel that could help us to discover all special details would be great. It should be done by someone who's knowledgeable about Chinese culture, martial arts... For example, as a martial arts practitioner myself, I was amazed to see how some characters in Bailu perform the Chen taijiquan form pretty accurately (I read Yu Suzuki motion captured at least two martial art masters for Shenmue III). A sort of walkthrough of the game, but stopping the action in front of a character or store to explain why there are those red papers on the walls, or what kind of martial arts they practice, what is the region of Guilin like and so on...

These are just a couple of ideas, feel free to share anything here :) and let me repeat this: this time we're actually able to do something for the future of this saga, this time we have the means... Never give up ;)

Totally agree.

We should put this in the thread called Iron hot or something like that, in S4 subforum
Honestly, I was thinking it may be best if one of the mods brought the thread here instead to get more exposure. I think a lot of us are mostly still avoiding the S4 board out of fear of spoilers. Then again, the thread is literally about getting S4 made, so I dunno.

It also doesn't help that virtually all of the activity on the board right now is in the sales and review thread (look at the views on those and then compare to everything else) which is where like 99% of people's depression is stemming from.

Moved to Shenmue 4 area

actually the idea of this thread was to push Shenmue III, not strictly related to Shenmue IV... also because I didn't even want to check this section of the forum :D
But all this stuff its to get more people to Shenmue 3

More ppl to Shenmue 3 = More sells = More money = Shenmue 4

Back