New Member Introductions

Hello there! I’m a Shenmue fan from Italy and longtime lurker of the Dojo. For some reason I have only now decided to register, but I’ve been reading through the forums for years.

I grew up with Sony consoles, playing the likes of Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon, Final Fantasy etc. In recent years I dove into retrogaming and experienced consoles and games I had never played before. One game that immediately caught my eye was this game called “Shenmue”. The title alone grabbed me and I had never seen something quite like it. Sure enough, It quickly became one of my favourite games of all times.

Aside from videogames, I am quite into gardening and of course I enjoy a good book, a good manga and so on. I am currently studying Japanese and Shenmue has been of great help to practice listening and speaking. I look forward to chat with all of you and to somehow contribute to the Shenmue community!

Hello there! I’m a Shenmue fan from Italy and longtime lurker of the Dojo. For some reason I have only now decided to register, but I’ve been reading through the forums for years.

I grew up with Sony consoles, playing the likes of Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon, Final Fantasy etc. In recent years I dove into retrogaming and experienced consoles and games I had never played before. One game that immediately caught my eye was this game called “Shenmue”. The title alone grabbed me and I had never seen something quite like it. Sure enough, It quickly became one of my favourite games of all times.

Aside from videogames, I am quite into gardening and of course I enjoy a good book, a good manga and so on. I am currently studying Japanese and Shenmue has been of great help to practice listening and speaking. I look forward to chat with all of you and to somehow contribute to the Shenmue community!
Welcome. Hope you enjoy the forums

Benvenuto! :D Questa communita é il migliore ;)

Speriamo che tutto va bene per te, in Ischia, adesso.

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the warm welcome! Situation in Italy indeed isn't the best right now, but I would have joined either way. ;)
Benvenuto! :D Questa communita é il migliore ;)

Speriamo che tutto va bene per te, in Ischia, adesso.

Ahaha mille grazie! There’s no need to worry, Ischia is doing relatively well and the virus hasn’t spread (yet :sweat:).

Excellent, glad to hear ;).

I was the first generation of my family born in Canada, so my Italian isn't perfect, but I try! lol.

Hi everyone!
My name is prophet, but my real name is Freddie, and I've been playing the Shenmue games since I was 7.
I come from the UK!
Welcome to the Dojo!

Greetings fellow Shenmue fans!
It's me Shansun95, and what better way to formally introduce myself than today, on my 25th Birthday.
I am a Slovene not-so-new fan of the Shenmue franchise, who fell in love with it by sheer coincidence. Originally a forum lurker from last year, I "evolved" into a true Shenmue player after I purchased my PS4 last Christmas and started playing Shenmue 3 this May. I am a very busy individual, hence the fact that I visit this forum and my FB profile every few weeks, due to my work as an assembly worker. It can be a little stressful and exhausting, but it's better than being home alone during a lockdown because of the ongoing pandemic. Yes, we wear protective masks and disinfect our hands as per safety protocols, but that does not stop me and my friends and co-workers from being normally productive at work and school.
Besides my work, I have hobbies such as cycling, cooking, swimming, browsing the net, watching quiz shows from all over the world, and of course playing video games. Some of my favorite ones are the Yakuza games, GTA games, RDR2 (which I still need to get my hands on), Pokemon GO and of course Shenmue.
What really turns me on about the latter is the strong fan community that keeps growing every day I check the facts. Yes the third game had flaws here and there, but if you ask me, it's better to live in a post-S3 world, knowing that the series will continue.
It's an honor to be part of the Shenmue community, especially when you're greeted with a warm welcome from the admins.

It's me Shansun95, and what better way to formally introduce myself than today, on my 25th Birthday.
I am a Slovene not-so-new fan of the Shenmue franchise, who fell in love with it by sheer coincidence. Originally a forum lurker from last year, I "evolved" into a true Shenmue player after I purchased my PS4 last Christmas and started playing Shenmue 3 this May. I am a very busy individual, hence the fact that I visit this forum and my FB profile every few weeks, due to my work as an assembly worker. It can be a little stressful and exhausting, but it's better than being home alone during a lockdown because of the ongoing pandemic. Yes, we wear protective masks and disinfect our hands as per safety protocols, but that does not stop me and my friends and co-workers from being normally productive at work and school.
Besides my work, I have hobbies such as cycling, cooking, swimming, browsing the net, watching quiz shows from all over the world, and of course playing video games. Some of my favorite ones are the Yakuza games, GTA games, RDR2 (which I still need to get my hands on), Pokemon GO and of course Shenmue.
What really turns me on about the latter is the strong fan community that keeps growing every day I check the facts. Yes the third game had flaws here and there, but if you ask me, it's better to live in a post-S3 world, knowing that the series will continue.
It's an honor to be part of the Shenmue community, especially when you're greeted with a warm welcome from the admins.

Welcome to the family

Welcome to the forums, family and happy birthday!

Thank you once again for such a warm welcome. It is really assuring to know that the once "forgotten" gem that is Shenmue will keep on going thanks to our determination and passion. Also big shoutout to all of you guys for welcoming me to the family. Good luck, stay healthy and safe.

Just discovered that we have new forums (again). At least the old one lasted like 15+ years (?). I'm goaliefrk, for those who remember. Got sucked into the Shenmue realm back in 2000; I think I joined the forums in 2001 but I don't remember. Fun fact, I have now owned Shenmue 3 since its release for PS4 and yet to even play it; I blame League of Legends.

I've got it for the PC now tho, too; I just recovered my kickstarter survey for it (yikes). It's been a crazy few years. Glad to be back and hope to see some familiar and new faces.

Btw, where is chai-o-gawa???

Back