New Screenshots from Japan Expo Paris + Direct Feed Walmart Trailer

I'm hoping darts return as well as plenty of new games. Actual full game of billiards would be sweet.
I agree. I'm really looking forward to there being a greater emphasis on mechanical/physical games as opposed to electronic/video games. It's cool being able to play classic Sega arcade games, but I feel like that was more of a novelty in the late 90s/early 2000s. These days, games like Space Harrier and Hang-On are easily accessible to us in so many different ways that playing them within Shenmue doesn't seem like a big deal to me. My favorite mini-games when I play now are darts, QTE Title, and Lucky Hit.

The thought of brand new mini-games with their own unique gameplay mechanics, like whack-a-mole or mini golf, excites me much more than any retro video game that can be played one of a hundred ways.

There won’t be anymore delays.

Never say never. I'm reminded of how convinced we all were that the delay to August 27th was the absolute last delay. Check out this thread from just a few months ago. It may not get delayed again, but I would not put your heart into November 19th being an absolute certainty.

If Yu Suzuki feels he has to delay the game again to get it right, he will, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

After seeing the HD walmart trailer, am I the only one getting annoyed we haven't seen Ren's face yet? Bare tactically hiding it from us.

It's pretty strange to find an arcade in the heart of China when people still have old wooden houses.

Otherwise, this look's good, (maybe too , i think it's photoshopped )

shenmue-iii-2016-12-14-16-001-1481796914525_1280w.jpg

Looks like Chai's role won't be limited to a flashback after all. But was this always what Yu intended? The boat chapter being skipped entirely made me think that Chai's story was over and that his conclusion was reached at the end of Shenmue 1.

But then you look at the character introduction video and you see Chai lurking over the moon in some unknown area, kinda similar to the Shenmue 3 concept art above. I wonder if it was always Yu's plan for Chai to reappear.

One thing's for certain: I think Chai's going to be a thorn in Ryo's side until he dies. I can see Lan Di or Niao Sun murdering him for being a nuisance or Chai falling to his death somehow. :ROFLMAO: Otherwise Chai will just keep stalking Ryo until Shenmue 6

Last edited:
We have yet to know the reason of Chai's mysterious appearance and he's kind of the Ryo's Terminator, so his reappearance defo makes sense as much as Ren's one.

After seeing the HD walmart trailer, am I the only one getting annoyed we haven't seen Ren's face yet? Bare tactically hiding it from us.

It is just a tease. A horror one but a tease none the less ? As big a Ren fan I am I can appreciate it. I do not want it spoiled how they meet up either. Or anything. Just thrilled he is in it!

But Astro City isn’t actually a game so yet another non answer. I wanna know what the games are!!

shenmue-iii-2016-12-14-16-001-1481796914525_1280w.jpg

Looks like Chai's role won't be limited to a flashback after all. But was this always what Yu intended? The boat chapter being skipped entirely made me think that Chai's story was over and that his conclusion was reached at the end of Shenmue 1.

But then you look at the character introduction video and you see Chai lurking over the moon in some unknown area, kinda similar to the Shenmue 3 concept art above. I wonder if it was always Yu's plan for Chai to reappear.

One thing's for certain: I think Chai's going to be a thorn in Ryo's side until he dies. I can see Lan Di or Niao Sun murdering him for being a nuisance or Chai falling to his death somehow. :ROFLMAO: Otherwise Chai will just keep stalking Ryo until Shenmue 6
Note as well the scene of Lan Di sitting down, like in the new screenshot! Could what we see be an early version of this confrontation scene in Niaowu/Choubu that keeps being teased, or in Chi You Men HQ further on in the story...?

It sounds like it’s just an empty cabinet that can play anything.

Note as well the scene of Lan Di sitting down, like in the new screenshot! Could what we see be an early version of this confrontation scene in Niaowu/Choubu that keeps being teased, or in Chi You Men HQ further on in the story...?

It looks like it! Very good find.

maybe if Deep Silver gets the jitters they will push it to early 2020 but it doesnt really make sense
because the AAA audience then needs their money for Last Of Us 2, Watch Dogs Legion,
Cyberpunk 2077 and Final Fantasy 7 Remake.
i think it will release in November.

At this point, I'd say release it in November as planned. At least November isn't as packed as Q1 2020. Q1 2020 is way more packed. I wouldn't want to go up against the likes of TLOU 2, FF VII Remake or Cyberpunk 2077.

November has Pokemon, that new Star Wars game and Death Stranding. Sure, it's crowded, but nowhere near as bad as what is to come in Q1 2020.

I don't think it really matters though. It's a game that will sell to its cult like audience and maybe a few curious onlookers looking to see what all the fuss is about. But yeah, I don't think it's gonna take the world by storm no matter where you release it really. The best I hope for is that it is at least profitable enough among its core audience for them to invest in Shenmue IV.

Last edited:
Yu Suzuki just revealed some new Shenmue III Screenshots at Japan Expo Paris:

D-zWKFDXkAAVnuO

D-zWKEwXoAMU4Ez

D-zWPz5WwAAG357

D-zW1GzW4AEfCuY.jpg

A direct feed version of the Walmart footage was also shown:

Chai looks straight up like a demon from hell...and I love it :) I look forward to kicking his ass again :)

Lan Di looking like a boss...love it.

I can't wait to explore Bailu. It just looks charming as all hell. The low key rustic nature of it is just so appealing to me and I can't wait to spend time there.

And the new You Arcade? Well, it's the best shot of the bunch. Man, I can't wait to spend time at that arcade. I still kinda wish Sega had given them access to some of Yu's old classics. Would have been nice to see Outrun or Space Harrier return as well, but what can you do?

Also, is the music in the Cebman trailer new? Or am I just drawing a blank and is it old stuff reused?

Last edited:
Back