NEW YU SUZUKI GAME "AIR TWISTER" ANNOUNCED FOR APPLE ARCADE

I love this game so much, a lot of things to do in this game, a lot of modes, a lot of story about the game world, a lot of things to unlock and so much more.

Without a doubt Yu Suzuki is one of my favorite game developers of all time. With Shenmue Yu Suzuki even inspired me to create my own story.

The soundtrack of the game is beautiful.

I hope someday we can see this game on PC and PS4/PS5.

Princess Arch in my game now.

IMG_5171.jpg

With Shenmue Yu Suzuki even inspired me to create my own story.
Wait is this story related to your Akira story project or is a brand new story inspired in Shenmue world? Can we i get more info about it please? Pretty please with sugar on top, leak some details.

I began kind of a research in China some time ago, just basic research in the surface web or shoreline web, because deep web gives me so much fear... Anyway, the purpose was to gather for a short story... I ended overwhelmed by the massive amount of interesting dates, dinasties (long and shortlived), ethnic groups, mythology... It was crazy! I had a time period to set my story ranging from neolitic to modern days 🤯🤒

Couldn't agree more. It's not just the UI, but think about the loading screens, which would oscillate between splash screen or traditional Shenmue black screen with "now loading". The art, font, and other elements were all very inconsistent and it's the sort of stuff that drives me mad, but I sort of made peace with it being a KS-funded game.

I know I am in the minority who hates UI elements, but in every game where I can disable UI components or make them 'dynamic,' I do so. I just find it much more immersive.

The interface in Air Twister is at least fairly non-intrusive while playing the game, which is something I can't really say for S3. The HUD elements in S3 that flip and flash all over the place...they're distracting, for no good reason.

The fonts and menus in AT do give off big '90s vibes, but they don't necessarily feel out of place given the game's style. There's no denying the entire game is an aesthetic hodge-podge, but that's almost part of the appeal, I think. And while the menus may feel a bit clunky to navigate, they're separate enough from the gameplay that it doesn't really take away from the experience.

The menus in S3, on the other hand, need to be accessed frequently during gameplay, and definitely become a detriment over time. They're just unintuitive enough to never feel good to use, and the harsh blacks and golden yellows clash horribly with the beautiful in-game visuals.

It's clear they just don't have a dedicated UX/UI designer. Even a contract designer who jumps on the project for 3 months to give pointers and lay some groundwork would make a world of difference. I'd do it! For cheap! :p

I love this game so much, a lot of things to do in this game, a lot of modes, a lot of story about the game world, a lot of things to unlock and so much more.

Without a doubt Yu Suzuki is one of my favorite game developers of all time. With Shenmue Yu Suzuki even inspired me to create my own story.

The soundtrack of the game is beautiful.

I hope someday we can see this game on PC and PS4/PS5.

Princess Arch in my game now.

View attachment 16535
absolutely. I want to play it nightly. I’m still pretty bad but can feel the progress! It’s a very well designed, addictive experience. I was very concerned about the challenge because the trailers looked a bit slow and Ys seems obsessed with making games easy lately, though I think I’m confusing simple design with easy when he speaks.

Last edited:
Finally got it set up on a Macbook Pro using an Xbox Series X controller. Playing with the controller works quite well!
How old is your MacBook? I have one from 2011, not sure if it's worth it to try it even due to how old the hardware is

How old is your MacBook? I have one from 2011, not sure if it's worth it to try it even due to how old the hardware is
It's a 2018 with 2.6 GHz 6-core i7, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, and 16GB RAM. I was surprised because the game was chugging a bit at the high settings the game defaulted to. There's an "auto" setting that tries to adjust to your device and after I did that it is running well.

It's a 2018 with 2.6 GHz 6-core i7, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, and 16GB RAM. I was surprised because the game was chugging a bit at the high settings the game defaulted to. There's an "auto" setting that tries to adjust to your device and after I did that it is running well.
Well, mine has 4GB RAM so not even turning it on :ROFLMAO:

Has anyone tried the game on apple TV 4k? Is it running well... I mean playable?

I just noticed, on the MacBook Pro, if you set it to windowed mode and go to the Air Twister menu, instead of having the top option say "About Air Twister" it says "About GunsAndWings." Then when you click on it, it just gives a basic Air Twister info card with version number and copyright information. But I guess GunsAndWings was its placeholder title when it was being developed!

Finally played this a bit on my wife's tablet and it's gorgeous and lovely.

I won't spend 100s of hours playing this but it's a solid product, very unique and fun.

Happy for Suzuki-San to have one of his creations brought to life again.

Hope it brings him joy and success.

It looks like Spidersaurs was released in 2019, so perhaps a 3 year wait? Hopefully if we do get a PC and console release we don't have to wait that long.

Yeah, that would be hard to handle haha

I hope so, it runs all right on the Macbook but I do get occasional random crashes. They don't really happen at the same time/place in the game so I don't know what's causing them.

I hope so, it runs all right on the Macbook but I do get occasional random crashes. They don't really happen at the same time/place in the game so I don't know what's causing them.
Are you using a controller? It's a known bug if so. I had the same issue on stream and let YSNET know about it.

Back