Next Generation Thoughts

Are you planning on getting either console within a year of their release?

• Yes - PS5

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • Yes - Xbox Series X

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Yes - Both

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Neither

Votes: 23 46.9%
  • Unsure

Votes: 4 8.2%

• Total voters
Drevil_million_dollars.jpg

The Demon’s Souls remake looks good aside from some stiff animations. Still, the only next gen game to impress at all.

Bethesda being bought doesn’t matter much to me considering all they put out specifically are Fallout 76 and Skyrim version 76...well and I guess they own the Doom IP but as has been shown, other better developers can make their own like they did with Outer Worlds.

Give Streets of Rage 4 a go. It's a brilliant bit of pick up and play fun with very 90's design sensibilities. Easily my most played game of the year. You can get some nice physical versions too.
Never liked that franchise to begin with so I doubt get into the 4th entry, but I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks.

Fuck. Looks like I won't be playing Elder Scrolls or Fallout in the future...

Bethesda games are better on PC, and MS have shown time and time again that they refuse to turn their backs on PC gaming. It's summat they embrace and are constantly trying to find ways to connect it to their console counterparts.

This move makes a lot of sense to me.

Bethesda games are better on PC, and MS have shown time and time again that they refuse to turn their backs on PC gaming. It's summat they embrace and are constantly trying to find ways to connect it to their console counterparts.

This move makes a lot of sense to me.
I'm sure it was the right thing for them to do, and I don't necessarily have anything against Microsoft, but as much as I love Elder Scrolls and Fallout, they aren't system sellers for me. This gen I owned both an XB1 and a PS4 (never at the same time) and found that the exclusives I liked the most were on the PS4. Final Fantasy is apparently going to be PS5 exclusive and that combined with a possible Shenmue 4, and more mean that when I eventually got a next gen console it is highly likely to be a PS5. Especially with the fact I have untold amounts of PS4 games.

Yeah the marketing is not great...Sony knows to keep it simple and most of the time Nintendo’s naming convention sort of describes what it is or does. I don’t think there’s much sense in what Microsoft is doing lol

Reactions: red

This makes me sad thinking of all the loving soccer moms who probably thought they secured the hot new toy for their kid's christmas...

At work I've seen PS4 controllers being bought alongside kids toys and... Xbox games. I think it happens a lot.

Well, I considered pre-ordering a Series S but it sold out before I got a chance.

Not that I care. I think I was just caught up in Pre Order hype. I have no real need for the S other than maybe the allure of Backwards Compatibility.

But my PS5 order on Amazon Au remains. So I guess I'm getting a PS5 day one. I also threw down some pre orders for Spider-man: Miles Morales, Sackboy's Big Adventure and Watch Dogs: Legion. So I guess those are my day one games.

I actually gave consideration to buying a series X this morning at 8AM when the preorders started. I had the info filled out and just had to press 'Confirm'. On a personal level I decided against it for now as there isn't enough to warrant the purchase regarding the lousy launch line up, on a professional level I was going to buy a few for the business, but in my experience reselling at higher than retail is usually aggravating with low return on investment. Had this issue with SNES classic and Switch's during corona. It felt good to let the pre-order pass me by in both cases. Will most likely end up with a Series X when the time(or trade in price)is right. PS5 still no interest unless it gets a Ghost of Tsushima 2 or Shenmue 4 exclusivity.

On another thought: has anyone looked at the trailer for Bright Memory? It looks unusual and solid, even more impressive being developed by one person. Though there's been a few mediocre FPS titles in recent years, there hasn't been any truly great fresh and new FPS game since Far Cry in 2004.

Has anyone played the 1 hour preview of this on PC?

Bright Memory: Infinite looks pretty crazy. The original version, Bright Memory, has been confirmed as a launch titles for Series X/S. Infinite won't launch until sometime in 2021. I'm hoping Xbox One gets the original version too. Be nice to try it out.

I don't know ... a full remake, made by Konami in house? Made by which team?
The team that made Metal Gear Survive? A full remake without Kojima?
We are talking about the company that canceled Silent Hills,
the company that produced MGS themed pachinko machines,
the company that said they are going to withdraw from really big expensive videogames.
And this Youtube channel has no back up at all. No one else heard anything about it.

I can only see this happening if Sony approached Konami directly
and gave Konami money so that Sony is allowed to do a remake project.
And then Sony puts a team on it and Konami has nothing to do with the project at all besides being their IP.
But then why would Sony put it on PC too?

Also they already tried a MGS Remake with Twin Snakes and that game is really not a fan favourite.
So this needs to be some Bluepoint quality level remake to have a chance.
Can Konami do this? Sounds all very doubtful.

Back