Not much story progression? (Spoilers)

I know your intent is to attack me but didn't Yu recently say he wanted to streamline S4 so it could be appeal to more people? Is Yu delusional because he wants his game to be more successful than just appealing to us?

My intent isn't to attack you, I just strongly disagree with many of your views.
Yu isn't delusional because he will have no choice but to make Shenmue 4 noob-friendly so that he can potentially make a profit on the game for his publishers. I'm sure it will only be a case of making it easier to play through the story and avoiding the filler, anyway. For the hardcore, it shouldn't matter. We should be able to play it the way we always have.

I don't want fan service. I don't want to be pandered to. I want him to continue the series to the best of his abilities and tell the story they all worked on when they started Shenmue.

I agree, not everyone wanted fan service but it was backed by fans. Obviously this is what Yu thought everyone wanted.
I liked the fan service - to a degree.
I believe he's since been told otherwise and this is why I think Shenmue 4 will get right what Shenmue 3 didn't completely nail.

Last edited:
Back