Now we need Takenobu Mitsuyoshi for the opening song!

Shenmue The Animation, given the staff on board, is a real surprise!

Now all we need is the music, I think Takenobu Mitsuyoshi and Ryuji Iuchi should both be mandatory for the project.
But we also need a great opening theme, and who better than Mitsuyoshi himself? :cool:

Virtua Fighter Animation: Opening 2 - Ai Ga Tarinai Ze - Take Mitsuyoshi:

if Take is not vailable, something like Wild Vision

VF Anime : Opening 1 - Wild Vision - Koji Hayashi:

Perhaps I'm wrong, but the impression I have from the visual key, is that the anime will have a serious tone, and I not see it with an animated opening, I see it more like an OVA series with the credit staff roll in the ending. (I know that not all OVA are like this, but only some).

Mitsuyoshi wrote the Shenmue theme and he's got a great voice. Yes, he should absolutely write and sing the opening song.

I can already hear his voice over some cheesy 80s glam metal track (Shenmue is an 80s game after all). "Duragooooon and za Feeeniiiiiiix, woooohohoooooooh!"

Or maybe he could hum the Shenmue theme in the beginning, Daytona style. "Tu-ru-tu-tu-tuuuuh, tu-tuuuh-tuuuuuuuuuuuuh". :cool:

Perhaps I'm wrong, but the impression I have from the visual key, is that the anime will have a serious tone, and I not see it with an animated opening, I see it more like an OVA series with the credit staff roll in the ending. (I know that not all OVA are like this, but only some).

I'm biased here since I love anime OPs (only when they are good of course).
But I noticed even more serious anime have an opening and ending song.

Yes, me too, i like very much some anime openings, and you are right, it has nothing to do be a serious anime with not have an opening, but when I see that visual key, it transmits to me that xD, or an opening with the staff only and some background images or something, but we will see when the anime comes out.

Last edited:
Back