spud1897

Administrator
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Destiny 2, Shenmue HD ;)
PSN
spud19870
In true Shenmue Dojo fashion it's time to get those predictions in for the Anime panel next week.

I'm voting on trailer and release date!

What about you guys?

Think you're spot on. Almost certainly a trailer and release date!

I also think in addition we'll learn some new information about Shenmue in general - particularly its story. Perhaps Yu will talk about certain things that he couldn't achieve in the games, but can now realise via the anime.

I agree that will probably be a trailer and maybe the release date.

And Yu Suzuki appearing and saying... "SHENMUE FOOOOOOUR" ๐Ÿ˜†

OffbeatGiftedFirefly-max-1mb.gif

I also think in addition we'll learn some new information about Shenmue in general - particularly its story. Perhaps Yu will talk about certain things that he couldn't achieve in the games, but can now realise via the anime.

Would be nice to see Yu Suzuki talking more about this things

I see bets are being hedged already!

Believe it's trailer time, personally. Air date and cast reveal also very possible if 2022 genuinely is a lock and they have a window in mind, but they might keep something in the tank for later.

Don't know tons about anime production, but this time last year WIP versions of the first two episodes sans VO had already been produced, and we know certain things like the score are in production, so it feels about the right time for the lid to be coming off.

Itโ€™s just going to be a teaser this time around and some official art being shown off but no release date, I feel like itโ€™s still too soon to announce that.

I'd be happy with a small bit of footage. I just want to see it in motion so i can get an idea of the artstyle, pacing and general quality.

What we really want of course is something along the lines of 'the anime will be developed so the story will conclude around the same time as future games' with Yu slowly turning his head toward the camera with a massive trollface grin

I expect a teaser trailer, panel and release date. If it's just a small update that could easily be said on Twitter ("Progress is going well, more news soon!") it would be such a waste of scheduling a NYCC panel for it, so I believe it will be something big.

Who knows? We could even get some tiny hints about Shenmue 4 if the right questions are asked during the panel (e.g. "What does the future of the Shenmue franchise look like?").

Hopefully there's a qna and someone asks yu about shenmue 4. Although, even if that did happen, im certain yu would give his usual PR statement. "if the opportunity is there, id love to make it"

Other than the trailer, it would be nice to see a fight scene

I am hoping that they will show even a short trailer and give an estimate of which season the anime will be airing in. For those who don't know generally anime series are released seasonally (Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter). Maybe they can confirm at least some of the key character voice actors too.

I'm not sure if I share the sentiment of it being too early for a release date. I'm pretty sure one of the people behind the scenes confirmed that an internal release date has already been set and that they're confident about making it on time.

I can't say with 100% certainty that they'll announce it here, but I definitely don't see it being out of the question.

TV and film are a lot easier to predictably schedule than games are, bare in mind. Further COVID delays withstanding, obviously.

Release date (even if it's as vague as a Q2022, short clip (teaser perhaps?) and possibly VO confirmation of Ryo at the very least.

Maybe even some tie-in merch such as a theme tune?

I would also love a Nozomi plushie announcement, but that'll never happen :coldsweat:

Back