Old School Guys

Yeah, I joined roughly around that time originally, however my old account doesn't seem to exist anymore. Luckily though, since the things I posted weren't that important anyway. I've been a passive user the last years anyway.

Yeah, but was under a different name. Favourite forum back in the day. Weird how you feel a personal connection to some people despite them being just an avatar.

Yeah, but was under a different name. Favourite forum back in the day. Weird how you feel a personal connection to some people despite them being just an avatar.
You remimded me. I just uploaded the legend as my avatar. Voice actor of Iwao and the afro guy on the unusable vending machines.

2003 club w00t visited fairly regular til Shenmue City was released iirc before i took a break from online communities in general for a few years. Nice living in a bubble playing Shenmue without any of the clickbait toxic bullshit

Joined twitter exclusively for #SaveShenmue movement about a year before the kickstarter E3, which got me engaged back into the overall community

Then, the HD reissue announcement at SEGA FES brought me back to being apart of the Dojo forums again

wow 2003 is way back. I joined my first Forum for Shenmue on GameFaqs that same year. I've been becoming a developer and computer guy as well as putting out more music and art projects. When I left here it was around 2012 or 2013. I was hoping to collab on some projects then and now, even though S3 came out. LOL

i signed up to the original dojo forums as a kid around 2002. this was before shenmue 2 was released.

you would think it would suck to be a shenmue fan but this community has some awesome members who found and created some amazing things and really kept shenmue alive.

i don't know if other dojo members will agree but personally i think if this forum didn't exist, i dont think we would of gotten shenmue 3.

i signed up to the original dojo forums as a kid around 2002. this was before shenmue 2 was released.

you would think it would suck to be a shenmue fan but this community has some awesome members who found and created some amazing things and really kept shenmue alive.

i don't know if other dojo members will agree but personally i think if this forum didn't exist, i dont think we would of gotten shenmue 3.
I agree 100 percent. I'm proud to have been a part of some of the earliest and first petitions and initiatives for Shenmue. I remember it so well because from Shenmue 1 all the way to around 2009, when I joined this forum, was a very pivotal time in life for me. I have so many memorable points in time surrounding 1999 and even 2002 when they released Shenmue 2 in US. I had an imported version prior to that in 2001 or so. And look how far we've come. Back when I left this forum, I didn't think we would ever see S3. I still can't believe it happened. I remember we were discussing doing an indie project with clearance from Suzuki to have a spin off of the story. Now, I have since then created so many projects and things with storylines as deep as Shenmue, I really would like to collaborate with some of my work at this point, and other talented dudes out there.

Starting in 2014, I did a novel and album series titled "Magnum Opus." It's a very deep Sci-Fi and philosophy series. I was even programming games to tie the series together. I would like to build on that.

Last edited:
Is anyone still here from back in 2009. I'd like to know what everyone is up to.
2007 I joined but didn't really participate much until a few years later and much more once Shenmue 3 was announced.

Good to see you back here, always great to see members from days gone by pop in.

Still stuck here, unable to find my way out, like a pissed up crack ed in a dark kitchen where the floors are coated with grease.

I was often a lurker for a couple years but really began participating in 2004 then was really off and on (as in just lurking maybe once a month or quarter) from 2006 until S3 was announced back in 2015.

Welcome back.

Back