old trailer there's a lot of funny thing in it and cut content

Kenzo130

"Probably not the youngest shenmue fan anymore :("
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Hood Story: Kaito Yamazaki
so the red snake thug was just old men npc
ryo knock out bailu's gatekeeper i dont remember his name very well but i think it was lio something like that
but they are also cut content like the fight with the red snake boss it happen in a place we dont have in the game (sorry for my bad english i dont know if you understand everything i said i jut want to share it here)

During development phase a lot of assets are not final so placeholders are used until the final ones are done, so the using random NPCs as other characters is comon practice. The great wall part I asume it was intended before the Baisha cut and the QTE Title 2 I asume it was there because the Arcade was not built yet

Yeah i know im myself an indie game developer so i often do these kind of thing but i just find that this was funny to watch

Looking back, it was pretty obvious that Mr Muscles was supposed to be the primary thug boss of the game THEN they added the other guy you tie to a chair when the budget increased.

Honestly, I wish they had kept it as Mr Muscles being in both Bailu and Niaowu. It would have made him a better character.

Looking back, it was pretty obvious that Mr Muscles was supposed to be the primary thug boss of the game THEN they added the other guy you tie to a chair when the budget increased.

Honestly, I wish they had kept it as Mr Muscles being in both Bailu and Niaowu. It would have made him a better character.

Mmmh, not convinced by the theory since the video is filled with placeholders.

Anyway, neither Mr Muscles nor the Bailu villain were drawn by the official character designer. Speaks volume about their respective importance in the canon story.

The most intriguing part of the trailer is... the turtle box.

The other day I also saw an early development video where they were working on the Shenhua an Ryos scenes of Sll (jumping rocks). Probably an early decision to cut that remake of disk 4.

That was one thing Shenmue 3 did nail was Ryo’s face modeling looked phenomenal. Maybe that’s where all the effort and time was spent?
They also spent a lot on:
-making lots of mini games
-making the open world feel alive.(They even added some NPC cutscenes that Ryo witnesses for that.)
-Making the environments look beautiful.
-Animations.(They were great imo)

Last edited:
I feel like 1 out of every 4 reviews from critics end up calling him Ryu. As soon as they use the name Ryu in their review, they instantly lose credibility
im ryu hazoki i will avenge my father ywau , lun dy fight me

Those were some dark days around here. No sign of Shenmue III, but some bullshit MMORPG instead? I don't think anyone was happy about it.

Nobody was. But to be frank, the combat looked great and original for a MMO.

Back