ONE WEEK

Physical. Remember a lot of us here got our copies of the Shenmue I & II port on the Saturday before release too.

Digital will unlock at midnight or whatever time they actually release it in your region.
Discrimination! I want a refund! Ah nuts, I'll just wait a week after... Just messing around.

In my timezone we are officially at 1-digit days left. 9 days, 2 hours, 44 minutes...!!!

If you played the demo, no. It's not trying to compete with these new ones. It feels like Shenmue which is amazing in 2019. He captured the best parts, and improved on some. It's a shame you didn't play in 2000, but enjoy it now. Keep in mind it was mindblowing those 2 when they came out.
I've played the originals when they released.
Part of what makes me feel worried about being too "game-y" is that I've played the trial.
Having stamina reduce by running is just a way of making money more central to the development and stop players from grinding, but also the training system feels more "game" than it did before, the red hotspots markers seem more gamey, the amount of stuff to buy/collect trying to make a more cohesive economic system.
I don't mind some stuff, like the stamina for training, but I can see how stamina for running can get old fast.

Part of what makes me feel worried about being too "game-y" is that I've played the trial.
Having stamina reduce by running is just a way of making money more central to the development and stop players from grinding, but also the training system feels more "game" than it did before, the red hotspots markers seem more gamey, the amount of stuff to buy/collect trying to make a more cohesive economic system.
I don't mind some stuff, like the stamina for training, but I can see how stamina for running can get old fast.
The training system in Shenmue 1 stinks. I'm saying this as I'm playing it again ATM. I trained 2 kicks to the max ATM. It's doable, but it felt like a freaking chore. In the 3rd I plain enjoyed it. Sparring, matches, all of it. Yeah you gotta eat. one type of stuff in the store, I'm guessing you can collect the ingredients yourself too in the mountains, restores all lost stamina even trained up. Or most of it fully trained. I see no negative there. It should have been in 1&2 with all the shops to get food. The red circles though, yes I totally agree. I hope a PC version will get a mod to get rid of them, if you can't via the menu in the full game.

This is while doing the quests up to reading the letter in Chinese. Like I said, doable, but an insane grind. Dojo in the 3rd never feels that way.

skills.jpg

Apparently that stuff is optional in the final game (highlighted markers and such)

I'm okay with it being more game-y. After playing the trial and realizing just how Shenmue it actually is, I'm not as worried about the levelling system. I welcome it.

Anyways I really only came in here to say 9 DAYS LEFT! We are so damn close!

This week's gonna be hell trying to avoid the net. Especially if copies start floating around this week. Forget Twitch. Forget this forum. I will go completely and utterly dark on Shenmue III! I want to know absolutely nothing more....I want to let that story unfold as I play it for myself.

I want to be like I was 13 or 14 years old again sitting on my couch just letting the game wash over me with no clue where it's going.

Last edited:
Apparently that stuff is optional in the final game (highlighted markers and such)

I'm okay with it being more game-y. After playing the trial and realizing just how Shenmue it actually is, I'm not as worried about the levelling system. I welcome it.

Anyways I really only came in here to say 9 DAYS LEFT! We are so damn close!

This week's gonna be hell trying to avoid the net. Especially if copies start floating around this week. Forget Twitch. Forget this forum. I will go completely and utterly dark on Shenmue III! I want to know absolutely nothing more....I want to let that story unfold as I play it for myself.

I want to be like I was 13 or 14 years old again sitting on my couch just letting the game wash over me with no clue where it's going.
Awesome on the optional part, breaks the immersion.

Back