Patch 7 for PC - Release Notes

I'm surprised that it's even displaying the option for 2160p considering SEGA said themselves that the game wouldn't have any 4k support.

Have you got any Windows desktop scaling turned on (I think it's enabled by default at 4k resolutions)? That could potentially be causing the problems with the UI.

Actually yea, it's at 300% for text and icon sizes to be readable when the resolution is set to 4k. Could be it, I will give it a try later. No big deal.

Is the third patch already out, not in beta? Should I buy it on steam?
Yep, third patch is out. It's probably the best version, just make sure you meet the min requirements. You can always get a refund if you run into major issues with your setup within a few hours.

Will buy it shortly , hope I won’t be as disappointed as with the ps4 version
you have to toy around with gfx setup to see what works with you in case your hardware can't handle it... specially the option for super sampling could heavily impact performance if your machine is not capable.

Patch 4 Beta for PC - Release Notes :
PC Patch Notes v1.04

Audio
• Fixed some issues with arcade game background music.
• Fixed some issues of corrupted SFX.
• Fixed issues with notebook SFX.

UI
• Fixed various issues with help screens.
• Fixed some instanced of overlapping UI.
• Dobuita shop names now correctly appear when looking around without having to zoom.
• Fixed various issues with the end game save screen.

Graphical Issues
• Fixed some instances of oddly positioned hands.
• Fixed an issue that would cause Ryo to disappear when activating the watch in the Dobuita car park.

Miscellaneous
• Fixed an issue that would cause Gacha rewards to not be given when playing Space Harrier.
• Further stability fixes.

What are the main bugs now left for PC? I guess it’s the music for Shenmue II and not being able to throw enemies into each other?

It looks like things are coming together. I think by the JP release all will be mostly good.

How do I install this again? Is there a code or something? Will have a look at it tonight.

Also tried hours over the weekend trying to get the Hang On 1CC legit (without using the G cheat) and I am convinced in my head it's impossible. No hitting other racers and full speed cornering still gave me a max of 10 seconds going into stage 4, and 3 seconds going into stage 5, which took me to the home straight but needed another 3-6 seconds to activate the winning line scene.

How do I install this again? Is there a code or something? Will have a look at it tonight.

Also tried hours over the weekend trying to get the Hang On 1CC legit (without using the G cheat) and I am convinced in my head it's impossible. No hitting other racers and full speed cornering still gave me a max of 10 seconds going into stage 4, and 3 seconds going into stage 5, which took me to the home straight but needed another 3-6 seconds to activate the winning line scene.
To opt in, right click on Shenmue I &II in your Steam library and select Properties.
On the BETAS tab, enter the password below, click 'CHECK CODE', then select the beta branch from the drop down menu above.

Password: luhIQLdMeQoDatbibCxK

The beta update should then automatically start to download.

What are the main bugs now left for PC? I guess it’s the music for Shenmue II and not being able to throw enemies into each other?

Yup Shenmue 2 music is still outstanding and when playing Shenmue 1 in Japanese many voice lines end with an audible Click/Pop noise and high pitched parts of dialogue distorts heavily. The pop/click is particularly annoying

To opt in, right click on Shenmue I &II in your Steam library and select Properties.
On the BETAS tab, enter the password below, click 'CHECK CODE', then select the beta branch from the drop down menu above.

Password: luhIQLdMeQoDatbibCxK

The beta update should then automatically start to download.

Hero buddy, thank you!!!?

Do we have confirmation that they're still patching the PC version? There was no "we're still working on Shenmue PC" or "keep sending bug reports" in their latest post. I know that previously people have used Steam to see if the dev version is ahead of the live version(s).

More of an assumption but following the IGN article and the Japanese release coming in November I'd be shocked if other patches across all formats didn't follow

Do we have confirmation that they're still patching the PC version? There was no "we're still working on Shenmue PC" or "keep sending bug reports" in their latest post. I know that previously people have used Steam to see if the dev version is ahead of the live version(s).

Updated 4 hours ago: https://steamdb.info/app/758330/history/

PC Patch Notes v1.05

Audio
• Improved the MIDI playback for various instances of background music.
• Fixed a MIDI playback issue that could cause “stuck notes”.
• Increased music volume when playing games in “Shenmue Collection”
• Fixed various issues with SFX.
• Fixed an issue that would cause the volume of some dialogue during combat to be controlled via the SFX volume option.
• Fixed various issues with lip syncing.

UI
• Fixed an issue that would cause the money panel to sometimes continue to display over arcade games.
• Fixed an issue that would cause the clock to obstruct the score in Space Harrier.
• Fixed an issue that could cause the wrong animation to play in the moves list UI.
• Fixed various issues caused by low UI scale values.
• Fixed an issue where the cassette player battery would sometimes display while viewing cassette tapes.
• Fixed various issues with help screens.
• Fixed various issues with the “completed game” save screen.
• Fixed an issue that would cause text to occasionally display with a blue outline.
• Fixed issues with missing prompts and missed input in QTE title when obtaining high scores.
• Improved the display of directional inputs when playing Excite QTE 2.

Graphical Issues
• Added the ability to adjust gamma values via the graphics options.
• Fixed the “A”, “B”, “X” & “Y” gacha colours.
• Fixed an issue with some cutscenes being incorrectly displayed in 16:9 with graphical issues.
• Fixed an issue that would cause the camera to clip through scenery in Bunkado Antiques.
• Fixed issues with Shenmue 1 shadows which caused them to appear “blocky”.

Controls
• Improved the controls while playing HangOn.
• Improved the controls while playing Afterburner II.
• Space Harrier and Afterburner II controls now no longer default to inverted.
• Fixed thumbstick issues when interacting with the Shenmue 1 Jukebox.
• Fixed an issue that could cause the forklift truck to become unstoppable.

Miscellaneous
• Fixed issues with move experience gains not working as expected.
• Experience gains are now correctly saved.
• The UI has been updated to show the experience progress since the last time the moves list was opened.
• Fixed an issue that would cause Gacha rewards to not be given when playing Space Harrier in Shenmue II.
• Fixed an issue what caused Ryo to not receive the certificate of completion after playing HangOn.
• Fixed an issue that caused the “Mini HangOn” gacha to be incorrectly awarded.
• Fixed occasional freezes while playing Space Harrier.
• Fixed an occasional crash when attempting to enter initials in Outrun.
• Fixed an issue where pausing while entering a loading screen could sometimes cause you to get stuck in the loading screen.
• Subtitles showing betting information for gambling mini-games are now localised.
• Fixed an issue that would cause snapshots to be corrupted when taken at certain resolutions.

Last edited:
Was just about to go to sleep and saw this on Twitter! Even fixed the QTE Title directional prompts! This might just be it for me, will need to test move progression as that was my main bugbear.

Fantastic indeed! So many fixes here, and they finally added a gamma slider. Can't wait to see how the music sounds in Shenmue 2.

Oh wow, this is a beefy one!

Back