Patch 7 for PC - Release Notes

Considering we are still at the beginning of October and Shenmue HD doesn't release in Japan until November 22, I think its pretty safe to say they have at least two more patches in store for us. If both turn out to cover as much issues as this one, Shenmue HD for PC might finally become the definite version of this game, especially considering the Audio Restoration Project is "exclusive" to this platform.

Yeah, would have been happy to wait the extra time and get this version on release.
Ah well. Hopefully this helps appease the people who thought these issues would never be fixed.

Now we have this new Gamma option ?

VZPm9LK.png

Really good progress. Still hoping they address the voices being in English in combat when setting the VO to Japanese but aside from that i can now say this patch addressed all the issues i had.

Btw, does • Fixed the “A”, “B”, “X” & “Y” gacha colours mean that Dreamcast color is replaced with Xbox? That's a shame but understandable i guess.

Last edited:
Wow...extremely happy about this patch right now, but I'm even more happy for d3t, who have had to put up with trash talk and the worst kind of fan hyperbole for weeks. "They can't fix it", "they don't know what they're doing", "SEGA Japan to the rescue!" etc.

Good on ya for proving them wrong.

I was curious about the MIDI fixes so i loaded up my motorcycle highway section save since that song is really borked and sadly it still sounds off. Hope its adressed soon.

So how does the music sound in Shenmue 2 now?

I won't be able to test it for god knows how long on ps4.

So how does the music sound in Shenmue 2 now?
It's better, but still not quite there yet. Pitch is still a little bit off but I feel like the actual arrangement of the tracks is more accurate.

Progress is definitely being made though and there's still potentially time for further improvements before the patch goes public.

I'm confident they'll sort it out eventually and this is definitely a start, but I do hope they act swiftly regarding the music considering how important it is to the overall experience.

It's just frustrating. I don't know how hard of a fix it is, but it's been long enough at this point.

Hopefully by the Japanese release we have a worthwhile release out.

It's better, but still not quite there yet. Pitch is still a little bit off but I feel like the actual arrangement of the tracks is more accurate.

Progress is definitely being made though and there's still potentially time for further improvements before the patch goes public.
Does the da yuan apartments sound better?

Back