Patch 7 for PC - Release Notes

Edit: ok so good news and bad news. Hang On issue had been fixed, as well as the snap to center in Space Harrier, but the controls for Space Harrier still are inverted with no way to switch them as of yet.
You can switch between inverted and normal controls when you press A while the game is paused. Still very much undocumented but now you can see it proper because they even changed the pause overlay.
The d-pad controls still don't feel quite right though. Harrier tends to keep moving for a bit after you let got. Still it's a big improvement to not have self centering.

4K resolution does display fine now with the menus and everything. The frame pacing issue is still prevelant however. With this being the only PC exclusive issue I wonder why this hasn't been tackled yet.

I ripped the audio from the Stand Qr from the latest PC beta. Yall can listen here: https://mega.nz/#!89sFjSLL!mLsoqsmEfrIAetlPDGgiDZnylYLr8mQMLobzCYJXUqw

Seems to be improved from this video but still not perfect.
Thanks for taking the time to rip a sample and upload for us console plebs. Not perfect by no means but a night and day difference to what it was. (y) If this keeps up and with all the modding I might have no choice but to take the dive on the steam version. ;)

It’s good to see they seem to have some knowledge of how to fix these issues. Must be as suspected... Sega rushed them.

Correct me if im wrong but the camera icon on the cutscenes in S2 wasn't there day one right?

I'm using the latest Beta patch and so far in Shenmue 1 have not encountered any glitches or problems. I'm playing in 2560 x 1400.

The voices are also noticeably better, sounding clearer and less scratchy.

Update : Shenmue Patch v2 moved to the main branch and is now available for all.
A new patch for the CPU usage issue will be released in beta very soon (most likely tomorrow around 3PM UK time).

Last edited:
Any idea when the consoles are getting this patch? I'm holding out to play disc 3 of Shenmue until things are fixed.

Back