Patch 7 for PC - Release Notes

On stream the other night it seemed a bit weird.

The Shenmue 2 notebook audio has been lowered, but, after about a minute it goes back to being loud again.

That is the fix I have been waiting for, even if it’s only for the first minute...

Can anyone confirm if this update has been pushed to PS4 yet?

Doubtful. Definitely would be a bigger deal if on PS4. Hope they fix it for more than a minute (although, how long do you really read it for anyway?) when ready for consoles.

Wasn't every previous update on Steam accompanied by a message on the update board? There is nothing this time. Are you sure about this?

The previous updates all started out on the beta branch. If this one skipped that stage and went straight to being an automatic download for all players, then maybe that would negate the need for a board notice, at least in Sega's eyes?

I'm only speculating here. I have no experience with Steam updates beyond what I've seen with Shenmue, so I might have the process all wrong.

Nothing has been pushed to the public branch according to SteamDB. I'm not 100% on how this stuff works but I think that means there hasn't been an actual update.

I do occasionally get "false" updates on Steam. Says it has downloaded a patch/is queuing a patch, but when you look at the data it's always "0/0 bytes". Nothing is actually being downloaded. Maybe that's what Ferhound is talking about.

Nothing has been pushed to the public branch according to SteamDB. I'm not 100% on how this stuff works but I think that means there hasn't been an actual update.

I do occasionally get "false" updates on Steam. Says it has downloaded a patch/is queuing a patch, but when you look at the data it's always "0/0 bytes". Nothing is actually being downloaded. Maybe that's what Ferhound is talking about.
SteamDB is reliable, and there is no record of any new update, neither beta nor public.

Shows how much we all want that next update; look how excited and curious we all just became.

Thanks all for clearing that up.

I can't see another update coming but do keep reporting bugs etc. You never know.

VUpAzhP.png

This just started on my Steam, first time logging into this account in 2-3 days though...

VUpAzhP.png

This just started on my Steam, first time logging into this account in 2-3 days though...
Weird... I'm not sure about the size of game updates, but 467MB is not nothing, but is also less than what I remember from any past update (except maybe 1.01 and v1.02). Any chance you modded game files? Maybe Steam triggered some integrity check and downloaded some clean chunks of data - just guessing.

Weird... I'm not sure about the size of game updates, but 467MB is not nothing, but is also less than what I remember from any past update (except maybe 1.01 and v1.02). Any chance you modded game files? Maybe Steam triggered some integrity check and downloaded some clean chunks of data - just guessing.
Not getting anything either.

Can we get more people with the PC version to confirm what this was? I only have it on PS4.

Last edited:
here guys

these numbers are to PC version:

update 101 has 162mb
update 102 has 22,6mb
update 106 has 3,27gb (it includes the 105, we dont need the 103 or 104 and i dont know if they're released)
update 107 has 3,11gb

i have all installed(in this orders) but i didnt play because im in vacation for 3 weeks now, my controller is in my home, but on monday i can test it.

are these numbers above that you want?
Thanks for that. I was hoping to have confirmation regarding if that update Bambi mentioned is in fact a new patch or not; or simply just what it is, if anyone else has gotten it, etc.

Maybe Steam triggered some integrity check and downloaded some clean chunks of data - just guessing.
Possibly. I played it recently but I haven't modified the game or files in any way.

I am also opted into the beta if that matters.

Back