[PC]WIP Texture Mod Pack

Hey guys, I just came across a subreddit where a texture mod is being put together, for Shenmue 1 only at this point.
I'm not involved at all with the project, but I think it deserves all the attention since it will allow to enhance the game in ways that the console versions never could.

Direct link:
Some screenshots below:

JOPQsWz.png

od8EnIO.png

shenm.png

wKRWmY3.png

jRUredu.png

sBYaxf4.png

ezIc9XI.jpg

KGeMrAE.jpg

Attachments

• shenm.png
    shenm.png
    841.8 KB · Views: 6
Hey, first off well done buddy. I'm trying to mess with textures myself but when I extract them and open them in photoshop their color is different, all of them blueish, am I doing something wrong?

The red and blue channels are reversed for some reason. Copy them and paste onto a new file red in the blue channel and blue in the red channel

I couldn't do that Blue photoshop simply won't let me paste it in the channels.

Now possibly related when I load up my textures in shenmue the colors look very different than what they did in photoshop, any ideas?

Left original color which I want to replicate, right my texture.
20180824102227_1.jpg
This is how it looks in photoshop.
Uncompressed_3C9DA486.png
Ok so I corrected it in photoshop exaggerating the green color and it seems to workout fine, we need to take it into account.

Last edited:
As long as all the textures are kept as faithful representations of the originals (which so far these do!) It's an amazing time to be a Shenmue fan and the PC version is going to be the definitive b version by not just a small margin but by an enormous gulf

You know all I ever really want from a texture mod is Ryo's high quality jacket as the game should keep its overall look...

The watch looks sweet though. Would need a bit more tweaking so it doesn't look too much like a real photo. That sticks out quite a bit. Also the 3 on the face should be brought back. But this is the kind of stuff that really makes sense as it's so close up. Cola machine is also something that has to be brought back anyway but I'm again fine enough with the texture from the Japanese game.

I actually am not too worried at this point about photorealistic textures, but I understand and also am skeptical at the same time because it actually may break the nostalgic feeling of the original. That being said, there are people who will like it and others who will not. At some point I'm sure there will be cherry-picking from multiple mods to create more balanced experiences. As the modding tools and methodology gets refined and shared, there will be no shortage of customization for all kinds of tastes and preferences.

Absolutely I'm modding the textures for myself and to my taste, which means I don't want it to go too high rez and I want to stay as faithful as possible to the original if people like it I'm happy to share as soon as I have a substantial amount so far I'm focusing on the worst offenders in the Hazuki residence.

It would be nice if someone would also change the coffee can textures in the vending machines to represent the brands used in most of the machines.
s-l300.jpg

It would be nice if someone would also change the coffee can textures in the vending machines to represent the brands used in most of the machines.
s-l300.jpg

I dunno, I personally prefer the brands they made up for the game. I would love to see the art for those cans re-done slightly.

Someone knows how to extract the fonts archives?

Back