Persona 4G is now on PC

After I beat the new paper mario i'll think about buying it haha

Not gonna support P4. I played that one back on PS2 and don't wanna play it again. But if P3 got a remaster on PC or PS4 I'd definitely support it.

P4G was my reason for originally buying a PS Vita. I'd heard how good the game was meant to be, so bought the console just so I could play it lol. I love the game and it's easily in my top 10 of all time, maybe even top 5.

Very happy to see that Atlus have finally started putting stuff on PC, and even though I already own and have finished it on Vita, I bought it instantly for support (16 quid was a great price too. Can probably thank Sega for that, as Atlus games are usually very expensive lol). Very much hoping that they continue to release their catalogue on Steam as it will do extremely well there (as we can already see from P4G being number 1 on top sellers since the announcement).

Don't think I'll get around to another playthrough for a while, but loaded it up yesterday and it really looks great! I'd love for them to bring P3 next, as I never got around to finishing it!

It seems to be doing great, 22k concurrent users is a good number. I think Sega will be quite happy with this one.

I really hope for a persona 3 release but I guess it will be latter as a p5 royale release would be easier to do.

Fuck yes I bought it!

It's one of my favorite games of all time! I'll buy it on any platform they release it on.

I am actually a bit surprised there is no PS4 version to go along with this. Would have been easy money given Persona 5 and all. Oh well, maybe that announcement will come soon. But yeah I'd buy this game no matter where they port it. Give me a PS4 port. Hell, give me a Switch port if you really wanted to and I'd still buy it.

I’m still surprised Altus hasn’t said “screw it” and thrown it on PS4 and Switch yet. It’s easy money for them at this point and they know people want it. Especially Switch owners. They want it. They’re always port begging

I’m still surprised Altus hasn’t said “screw it” and thrown it on PS4 and Switch yet. It’s easy money for them at this point and they know people want it. Especially Switch owners. They want it. They’re always port begging

I think they're playing it safe with PC first since that is where Sega's second biggest platform for their fandom. And PC are low effort porting/faster bug testing feedback.

Soooo should I play it? I'm not into turn based games. But my gf it's a fan and always insisted.

Soooo should I play it? I'm not into turn based games. But my gf it's a fan and always insisted.
Imo, it's like a shenmue-lite. World building/exploration+Story is the bigger focus than the turn base dungeon crawling. Also, another similarity is that it has a detective mystery theme/mood going for it as well. If that tickles ur fancy...then I'd recc it.

Imo, it's like a shenmue-lite. World building/exploration+Story is the bigger focus than the turn base dungeon crawling. Also, another similarity is that it has a detective mystery theme/mood going for it as well. If that tickles ur fancy...then I'd recc it.
Do not forget the artstyle and soundtrack which are also one of the main selling points of the series.

One drawback is that the game is quite "high school slice of life anime" and all those tropes might not be your thing.

Is there a difference between P4 and P5?
Persona 5 has a different story with a different cast of characters. Gameplay wise persona 5 is better since it has a lot of needed QoL and the main dungeons are no longer random floors which IMHO make them more enjoyable. However, all the modern entries (peronsa 3 onwards) have the same gameplay loop of forced dungeon events each month (aka if you do not complete the dungeon is gameover) and daily time management (meet characters to increase their "friend" rank, train docisl skills, go to the dungeon, etc... )

Which one is better really depends on the eye of the beholder and what preferences on characters and story you have.

Which one you prefer?

Characters? P4
Story? P5 (or maybe P3)

P4 is interesting to me as it blends comedy and serious rather well. There are times where that game can be really funny (the Kings Game is one of the best moments in any Persona game by far) but it does a good job balancing with the more serious moments.. After all, it's still a story about a serial murderer and a group of kids playing detective. There is a certain Scooby Doo appeal to that game in some ways.

Whereas P3 and P5 tend to be a little more straitlaced but maybe more interesting on a larger scope. P5 is an interesting reflection of living in modern day Japan and the issues prevalent to the country. Hence why I think the stories in both of those games are perhaps better than P4.

But P4 has so much damn charm and it really comes from that band of misfits. Like I said, I legitimately got sad come the end of that game as I REALLY didn't want to leave those characters....I've never felt that way about a video game before. Not even Shenmue or FF8 did that to me back in the day.

Although, P4 was the first one I ever played. And there is a good argument to be made that your first time will reflect your bias. Others swear completely by P3 or P5 as it was their first experience with Persona.

Anyways, I think all of them are totally worth playing in their own right...if you have the hours to spare that is and if the format is your cup of tea. They all have their own strengths and weaknesses.

I can't speak on P1 and P2...I've tried going back to those games on PSP but I think it's the structure of P3 onwards that appealed to ,me most about this series. P3 took on a more slice of life live by schedule format and I really like that format...they should go and remake P1 and P2 with the current day Persona format and have it all be cohesive as I would love to experience those games. But I just can't get into them. They feel a bit too dated for me.

Last edited:
Which one you prefer?
Characters and characters events: P4G. They are a bunch of lovable idiots (except Teddy he can be quite annoying).

I consider P5 the best game due all major gameplay upgrades but weaker on characters and non main story events like school trips and the like.

My favourite one is P3 for the how well the themes align to story and art direction. The main theme of "death" and "time matters so do not waste it" are integrated in most aspects of the game, like for example, the color blue to create a "melancholy" vibe (which Persona4 also does well but Persona5 kinda fails with the main color theme) , confidants related to death like the terminal patient or one of the last users on a MMO that is going to shut down, etc...

Anyways, I think all P3, P4 and P5 are totally worth playing in their own right...if you have the hours to spare that is and if the format is your cup of tea. They all have their own strengths and weaknesses.
Agreed on this, and is nice to see the cameos since all of them are in the same universe.

Back