Phantom River Stone Blog

Fantastic, Switch!

I guess its because I'm indeed a hardcore fan, but I see absolutely no issue with training up first; hell, in the Yakuza games, if you don't level up, you can have a VERY difficult time in battles and they aren't nearly as intricate and are made for casuals.

Fantastic, Switch!

I guess its because I'm indeed a hardcore fan, but I see absolutely no issue with training up first; hell, in the Yakuza games, if you don't level up, you can have a VERY difficult time in battles and they aren't nearly as intricate and are made for casuals.
In the Gamespot interview Yu also mentioned how he wanted to make the combat worthy of being on a PC or console, and I'm sure the media would only have been able to scratch the surface of how it works, much less fully understand it. Lots to look forward to!

All thanks go to @yuc02 for his great job on the translation.

@Switch do you happen to know what the kanji on the fishing lure gacha machine is?

Last edited:
It says "Fishing Set 1."
Thank you . i was thinking that but thr kanji looked curiously a bit funky to me for some reason. I dunno.

Also I wonder why the Sega logo is on that machine. It makes sense for the Shenmue 1 gacha but the lure one is just seems to be Fishing in general. Is it a reference to Sega Bass Fishing
Or レッ釣りGO!?

Definitely not any of the bass (or even SMF) titles, as that is a jig and you don't jig in those games lol (well, in SMF you can, but it doesn't work like real-life jigging. Same with Bass Fishing 2).

Guess its just fishing in general then with no connection to Sega games.

Wrote a new guest post for Phantom River Stone today all about the 1999 Tokyo Metro Stamp Rally event! Not much information for this event was out there, so along with Switch's trusty translations we made the definitive information on this event I think :D! Enjoy! - https://www.phantomriverstone.com/2019/08/metron-stamp-rally-99-shenmue-journey.html

EBXQ3LjUEAA1X6s

Back