Pitch Your Shenmue III Moment!

Hi,

I thought it may be fun to think upon the upcoming game with all our sense of wonder and expectations and pinpoint what we hope for in a single moment - This can go into spoiler/theory territory because there is so much we really do not know regarding the direction of the Saga.

I have a few ideas of my own.. but I think I may sketch them up for fun - If anyone else has any artistic flare feel free to get involve in visualising it too.

When you think of Shenmue III and what you want from it, what is that single image or scene that comes to mind, tell or show us all about it :)

I'll get back to you when I can regarding my own ideas :)

Ryo giving Lan Di the picture of Iwao and Zhao together and all the fans screaming out in wonder as the saga is totally flipped on its head.

Bonus content
Shenmue III on Dreamcast!

Bonus content
Instead of a Saturn, you own a Dreamcast!

Bonus content,
Yukawa is back!

Guizhang and Joy come back

Ryo saves lan di or vice versa after they have fought and gained respect for each other.

Yuan coming back All Buffalo bill'd (silence of the lambs) up ready for revenge.

All in-game characters gathering in one place, looking at each other and start moving their eyeballs around to just show they can do it, and a sudden moment of satisfaction shines in their faces as they realize there are no more pitchforks pointed at them.

A somewhat comical introduction to Ren would be nice. I can imagine it going a little something like this:

The player is tasked with asking Choubu NPCs questions in order to find out the next point of interest; eventually, one of the NPCs mentions "a mean-looking guy with a bandanna" walking around asking people questions, too, immediately evoking memories of Ren. The same NPC tells Ryo where they last saw him, and that it would be best to ask people in that particular area of town if he wants to find out more. This is the aforementioned point of interest. So, Ryo heads to the location pointed out by the first NPC, has a word with an NPC in that area, who tells him a little more about this mysterious figure wearing a bandanna, and points him in the direction of where they last saw him. This goes on for a little while, Ryo bouncing between about four or five NPCs and seeing very slight glimpses of what appears to be Ren (e.g. a split-second view of someone matching Ren's description heading down an alleyway, finding a switchblade on the ground, etc.) along the way, until, eventually, Ryo spots someone matching Ren's description standing there, facing away from him. Ryo approaches this person, touches them on the shoulder, and exclaims, "Ren!" The person turns around - it isn't Ren - and says, "Oh, sorry to disappoint you," before a familiar voice rings out from behind: "Thought you'd try and beat me to the treasure, eh?"

Ryo and Ren are reunited <3

A somewhat comical introduction to Ren would be nice. I can imagine it going a little something like this:

The player is tasked with asking Choubu NPCs questions in order to find out the next point of interest; eventually, one of the NPCs mentions "a mean-looking guy with a bandanna" walking around asking people questions, too, immediately evoking memories of Ren. The same NPC tells Ryo where they last saw him, and that it would be best to ask people in that particular area of town if he wants to find out more. This is the aforementioned point of interest. So, Ryo heads to the location pointed out by the first NPC, has a word with an NPC in that area, who tells him a little more about this mysterious figure wearing a bandanna, and points him in the direction of where they last saw him. This goes on for a little while, Ryo bouncing between about four or five NPCs and seeing very slight glimpses of what appears to be Ren (e.g. a split-second view of someone matching Ren's description heading down an alleyway, finding a switchblade on the ground, etc.) along the way, until, eventually, Ryo spots someone matching Ren's description standing there, facing away from him. Ryo approaches this person, touches them on the shoulder, and exclaims, "Ren!" The person turns around - it isn't Ren - and says, "Oh, sorry to disappoint you," before a familiar voice rings out from behind: "Thought you'd try and beat me to the treasure, eh?"

Ryo and Ren are reunited <3
That would be wonderful, R & R, the bromance continues!

Defeating Lan Di and getting a look at the bigger picture of the story and what it is really about.

There are so many hints, even in S1 that the story is about much more than just having revenge on Lan Di and solving Iwao Hazuki's murder. There's the prologue, or prophecy as they call it in the S3 trailer (He shall appear from a far eastern land across the sea...) for instance. And Ryo and Guizhang's encounter in Sakuragaoka where Guizhang tells him something like: "If you don't llive, it'll be a problem for us. You still don't realize your role, do you?".

Also I'd like to find out at least one more name of the four Chiyoumen leaders, maybe two, during the course of S3. We know of Lan Di (Green Dragon of the East) and Niao Sun (Red Phoenix of the South). But who are the other two, White Tiger of the West and Black Tortoise of the North?

It turns out Wang has a 3rd brother who is in Shenmue 3. ;)
TBR I just want some good martial art style action pieces/lore. Along with finding out what the hell the tiger scroll from Shenmue 1 is all about.

During one stage in the game, your fishing is going well, you cast out again, 'woah, a bite!' exclaims Ryo. You reel the line in towards the edge of the water...

This time it's not a fish though, Chai leaps from the water with a scream covered in weeds like some swamp thing 'HEEEEGHHH'.

During one stage in the game, your fishing is going well, you cast out again, 'woah, a bite!' exclaims Ryo. You reel the line in towards the edge of the water...

This time it's not a fish though, Chai leaps from the water with a scream covered in weeds like some swamp thing 'HEEEEGHHH'.
Like some swamp thing? That motherfucker is a swamp thing!

I don't expect to see Joy or Guizhang in Shenmue 3 but one thing I'm really looking forward to is the confrontation with Lan Di. It will be one of the most memorable moments in video game history for me, personally.

As far as the series as a whole, I'm probably going to be filled with emotion when Ryo finally returns home to the Hazuki Dojo in Japan and sees Ine-San, Fuku-San and Nozomi for the first time in forever. We'll get to experience it in the Unreal Engine 4 most likely. It's crazy to even think about.

I don't expect to see Joy or Guizhang in Shenmue 3 but one thing I'm really looking forward to is the confrontation with Lan Di. It will be one of the most memorable moments in video game history for me, personally.

As far as the series as a whole, I'm probably going to be filled with emotion when Ryo finally returns home to the Hazuki Dojo in Japan and sees Ine-San, Fuku-San and Nozomi for the first time in forever. We'll get to experience it in the Unreal Engine 4 most likely. It's crazy to even think about.

I have a feeling Ryo won't return home until shenmue 4/5 the last shenmue basically. I can see the story going until 5. If its financially successful. I think 3 and the re-releases will be. So i'm certain we'll get shenmue 4 and sega will be involved.

Back