Playing Shenmue on the Dreamcast (NTSC-U) and the Cat is ALWAYS asleep!

Favourite title
Shenmue II
It is now the 10th of December and I still haven't been able to feed the Cat due to it constantly being able to sleep, I have named the Cat on the 4th December (the day after the first day) though. Is my save bugged? Is this normal? I really don't want to have to restart my save, I got a load of rare capsule toys and raffle prizes.

Are you progressing the story/notebook? Certain portions of game will keep her asleep until a certain event triggers.

The cat sleeps most days before you trigger the Heartbeats Bar fight. After that she's usually awake.

Are you progressing the story/notebook? Certain portions of game will keep her asleep until a certain event triggers.

I've just got to the Heartbeats part, not done the fight yet, wanted to use the up all night for one time only thing.
Thanks for your help mate. :)

Yeah, early in the game the cat will sleep quite a bit until you hit a certain point early in the game. Keep checking back every day (you should hear the cat mewing when its awake) and it should be awake eventually.

Yeah, early in the game the cat will sleep quite a bit until you hit a certain point early in the game. Keep checking back every day (you should hear the cat mewing when its awake) and it should be awake eventually.

It FINALLY woke up, 2 days after the Heartbeats brawl. Thanks for your help. :)

Another random bit I'd specifically forgotten about the first days of disc one; Fuku-san doesn't spar straight away. Hadn't done since my very first play many moons ago, when I was bit lost and marvelling in awe too much, haha. My last save was a mollasses slow calendar-focus play and I was grinding moves only in the lots for a few days!

Another random bit I'd specifically forgotten about the first days of disc one; Fuku-san doesn't spar straight away. Hadn't done since my very first play many moons ago, when I was bit lost and marvelling in awe too much, haha. My last save was a mollasses slow calendar-focus play and I was grinding moves only in the lots for a few days!

I hope it isn't a perma hiatus.

I managed to get Fuku-San sparring after finding Charlie in the Tattoo Parlor, you also get the letter from Ine-San right afterwards.

Back