PlayStation Wrap Up

Anyone try this thing out? Not sure if it’s been a thing for a while but I only just heard of it today. Decided to take a look at my time spent on ps games in the past year and it kind of shocked me how much free time I’ve had.

Funny that Shenmue 3 was the only one I really enjoyed of my supposed top 3 games; mgsv was really just starting over from scratch, trying to see how far I could get without hud or reflex but ultimately deciding just to do the long boring grind to see everything I’d missed before. Death Stranding, well, unless you speedrun it there’s really no way to avoid spending that many hours first time through, granted I did just leave it on at times.

I didn’t exactly spend a ton of time doing side stuff in Shenmue 3 but I found it a bit more interesting and immersive at the very least.

A9993074-703F-4A8B-8E73-4435D1B625E1.pngF880C21F-346D-428D-BCBC-2942CB03FF45.png

Mine was a bit skewed this year to be honest. I was sure that Shenmue III would be my longest played this year, but I ultimately ended up spending 90 hours on the PC version instead as my Base PS4's performance didn't come close to my PC version (I've since upgraded to a PS4 Pro, but will be waiting for the rumoured patch 1.04, to restart and go for the platinum so that should make my 2020 list :p).

The PS4 is my secondary platform in which I only really play exclusives there, last year my top 3 were Persona 5 (131 hours), Everybody's Golf (130 hours - fuck that platinum was hard), and Yakuza (Kiwami 2 - I think, with like 129 hours). It was all very close and I was happy with the list :p.

This year, I feel like I spent a lot more time on PC as a lot of exclusives have started to bleed their way over to the platform (that and me being completely addicted to Starcraft 2 for the last 9 years). I did however pick up PSVR which I have accumulated a lot of games that I still haven't got around to playing yet, but even then, most games are 3~5 hours long so wouldn't make the list.

Here's my list of 2019 which to be honestly took me by surprise:

PSN 2019 Wrap Up 2.png

I fully expected Judgement to be my top, but I'd completely forgot that I played/finished RDR2. This year, I made a decision to try out some games that I usually wouldn't touch which lead to my play through of 428 Shibuya Scramble. It was my first time finishing (and really even playing) a Visual Novel, but I really loved the story and would recommend it to those here due to it's location and story etc (similarities to Shenmue).

Overall (other than Shenmue III), I think that Judgment was probably my Game of the Year for 2019. I love the RGG games so much and I'm counting the days till the physical Yakuza Collection release date, so I can continue my playthroughs of the Yakuza games as I've only played 0, 1 & 2 so far (been waiting for the PS4 versions).

I posted it in the other thread, but I'll do so here as well (note, add 11-15 more hours for 'mue III, for 2020 play and yes, these were the only 3 games I played all year):

Screenshot_20200115-085457.png

Screenshot_20200115-085523.png

Find it weird that it was the Japanese version of Judge Eyes, yet it's called Judgment and it was the NA version of Yakuza 5, yet they called it Ryu ga Gotoku 5... weird.

Also, mentioned this in the other thread, my wife and I literally watch a film EVERY Saturday evening (be it at home or at the theatre), so for that to be my most-played time, makes 0 sense lol

My only thought is maybe it’s only based Japan’s time? Still might not make much sense either even if it’s a mistake. Even so, I’m surprised as well, because I do feel I spent way more time with Outer Worlds than some of these in retrospect. Then again, maybe it’s just that OW is more dense with content.

Screen Shot 2020-01-15 at 12.35.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-15 at 12.36.24 PM.png

Proud of my 0 online hours! I think aside from one or two hours in XBOX LIVE Counter Strike and some PSO or Quake 3 on Dreamcast, I've literally never played an online game. Tuesday makes sense, because it is always a weekend night for me.

Looks like late last year into January I had beaten Yakuza 5, which I thought I was done with by December in a post at the Game of 2019 thread. Makes sense, same post I mentioned beginning an RE series run, whcich I do specifically remember beginning in early Feb.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-15 at 12.35.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-15 at 12.35.43 PM.png
    179.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back