Pokemon Sw/SH lack of polish

高野和泉

"SAKURA FESTIVAL!"
Just a round up for contrasting and discussions.

~There are some other vids of glitches/bugs/& low polish vids scatter on Sns you can easily search up if you wanna see em.
~Another thing to note is there is a save bug with auto save feature wiping people's data for those who encountered it.

How do you guys think Pokemon manage to sell 7m despite these dumpster fire PR? Will this mean a QA downward spiral for pokemon since Gamefreak is practically getting away with it? On a side note~ Are you amazed at what S3 pulled off in comparison with its low budget/team resources?

Last Pokemon game I played was the remake of red/blue. I torrented it on my phone and it brought back memories of when I used to play Red and Blue. My Switch spends most of its time gathering dust so I was excited for a new Pokemon game. Then I saw this which looked like crap. Graphics are poor and the battle system, graphically, looks no different from the gameboy games. Why is it when a Pokemon uses a move like "bite", I am seeing a crappy light animation shaped as teeth and not my Pikachu take a chunk out of a Charizard.

Played Sword in the brief period between its release and the release of Shenmue III.

It was... okay. It certainly was behind Sun & Moon in many aspects, wich does speak volumes about the effort they put into this. A Switch game outdone by a 3DS game? Well the story was over really quick and it didn't really bring much in. Wasn't the biggest fan of dynamaxing and especially the whole football feeling.

While playing it and looking at graphics, design and such, I of course was thinking about how it fares against Shenmue III with its limited budget and everything. It is kinda useless to compare a Switch game with a PS4 game but Sword felt way cheaply made.

I've watched my roommate play Pokemon Sword during every conscious moment since release. Our friends bring their Switches over at least once per week to multiplay all night. They all seem happy. I, however, am content in the darkness of my Shenmue 3 chamber. Besides, when they told me Squirtle was benched, I opted out. For now. One day I'll want to be the very best, like no one ever was.

Yeah I have not played a Pokémon game since the release of red blue and decides to jump in with sword and shield. The complaints people are complaining about do not affect me.

How more geaohical do you want the game to look? This is not unreal engine... complaining about graphics makes no sense to me. But the other stuff I understand completely to an extent. There were hardware limitations in previous gena it is not the first time they cut Pokémon. /shrugs
I can tell they can’t have an excuse this time though seeing as the 3da games have Pokémon bank etc.

That reminded me... why not wait for Pokémon Home to be released? Then see what is in store and if the cuts do anything it might make their future games more manageable. Then that will be apart of the new Home ecosystem. Like was said not the first time gamefreak has cut stuff or could not transfer thanks to hardware limitations. Then the fact most those games were running on antiquated technology.

Back