Post Your Shenmue Collection

Finally got my stuff back on the wall after about 8 weeks.
Renovations took quite some time with lots of delays but now the new shelf is installed and all the 2 meters are filled.
Nevermind the Dreamcast stuff, it just had to be in the frame to capture everything. :LOL:

EG5R6N0.jpg
Dude that is amazing!

Hello everyone! I am inching closer to completing my Shenmue Strategy Guide Collection and I only need these three guides. If you have any of them and are willing to part with them please let me know and we'll see if we can work out a deal. Cheers!

Hey guys!

So about 7 years ago I had to sell my Shenmue collection (along with my Dreamcast :( ) due to financial problems…
Last year things started to look up so I just had to start collecting again!

Of course as lots of guys before me said, mine also cannot compare to a lot of the Shenmue legends here but here it is.

So we have:

Sealed Pal Shenmue I
Sealed Pal Shenmue II
Sealed US Shenmue
Sealed PS4 Shenmue I & II Limited Edition
What’s Shenmue Famitsu Edition
All 4 TGS 1999 Cards
The holographic Shenmue Famitsu 2000 phone card

Opened Pal Shenmue I
Opened Pal Shenmue II
Other phone cards :p
Shenmue I & II for PS4
Insert Coin Shenmue shirt

Also
The phoenix and dragon mirrors made by Davide Io (Facebook him)
The Shenmue tree (with Shenhua’s swing :p )
And a Shenhua photo framed.

Maybe someday i'll manage to get a signed copy also... :D :D

Hey guys!

So about 7 years ago I had to sell my Shenmue collection (along with my Dreamcast :( ) due to financial problems…
Last year things started to look up so I just had to start collecting again!

Of course as lots of guys before me said, mine also cannot compare to a lot of the Shenmue legends here but here it is.

So we have:

Sealed Pal Shenmue I
Sealed Pal Shenmue II
Sealed US Shenmue
Sealed PS4 Shenmue I & II Limited Edition
What’s Shenmue Famitsu Edition
All 4 TGS 1999 Cards
The holographic Shenmue Famitsu 2000 phone card

Opened Pal Shenmue I
Opened Pal Shenmue II
Other phone cards :p
Shenmue I & II for PS4
Insert Coin Shenmue shirt

Also
The phoenix and dragon mirrors made by Davide Io (Facebook him)
The Shenmue tree (with Shenhua’s swing :p )
And a Shenhua photo framed.

Maybe someday i'll manage to get a signed copy also... :D:D
Wow! Where did you find the Shenmue tree?

Wow! Where did you find the Shenmue tree?

It is a custom made tree that resembles the Shenmue tree from an artist in Ukraine.

It was originally posted by a moderator at 500k (copying his post: I came in contact with a designer who specializes in beaded trees on Etsy to custom made a tree that resembles the Shenmue tree. The designer is from Ukraine).

Here is the original post (Click me) and here is the tree on etsy (Click me)

Nice collection there.

Thanks Spud :D:D

Can someone help me identify this Shenmue watch? It looks like the same watch that was offered on the 5,000 dollar reward tier Shenmue 3 Kickstarter. I know there are different variations when it comes to the Timex watches.

Updated shots of my collection.

In Monaco I finally got my original DC copies signed and ages back I sent my PS4 poster to D3T who were kind enough to sign it. Also the MAGIC 2019 T-Shirt... 60 bloody euros!

I've got all the 2019 UK publications with Shenmue 3 mentioned there

The JP versions have the Jukebox and VF4 disc.

The white labels took ages to get. I picked up the Shenmue 2 White Label in 2012 for £12. Shenmue 1 cost me triple that in 2018.

Funny story with the PS4 White Label. I bought it from Ebay and turns out @James Brown sold it to me without realisng until after!

Out of shot is the Hat from Sega Europe.

Attachments

• 20190719_194814[1].jpg
    20190719_194814[1].jpg
    3 MB · Views: 42
  • 20190319_103532[1].jpg
    20190319_103532[1].jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 36
Lovely collections guys

I don't have much - I was 16 when Shenmue II came out and had to sell my Dreamcast version to fund the Xbox version (what a mistake, I didn't like how blurry it was compared to the super sharp DC original, nor the overdone motion blur in the fighting sections, but I did play through it and enjoy it.

I still have my original Shenmue I from back in the day in really good condition, along with the I & II remasters, the Timex watch (Albeit white face) an Hazuki Tiger T-Shirt, and the recently release Sega Europe hat.

67368726_10157174078975803_7133560247632789504_n.jpg

67191590_10157174078685803_6435420370299256832_n.jpg

Here's a couple of bonus pictures though - back in the day, my stepdad had a full UK Dreamcast collection. He also had all the US and Japanese variants of Shenmue I &II . We had to sell them when we moved house, It would have been worth a fortune now. I can't see US Shenmue in the picture, but he definitely had it. I noticed he had the soundtrack too, just to the right of the UK versions of the original games.

Vdj53n3.jpg

VgwTDXY.jpg

Last edited:
Updated photos of my collection. Big thanks to My co-host Matt for hooking me up with the statues for a great price!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 17
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 19
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 19
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 17
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 15
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 15
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 16
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 16
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 15
  • Ten.jpg
    Ten.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 15
  • Twelve.jpg
    Twelve.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Nice, a few questions. In the cameo game picture, what are the bottom right two games doing there?

Where is that PlayStation Shenmue III card from?

And in the same picture, what is the story behind those rerelease copies?

Nice, a few questions. In the cameo game picture, what are the bottom right two games doing there?

Where is that PlayStation Shenmue III card from?

And in the same picture, what is the story behind those rerelease copies?
On the Sega Smashpack, there are a few Shenmue posters in the version of Virtua Cop that is on it. There is a demo of Shenmue 2 on the Kakuto Chojin game.

That PlayStation card was a pre-order tag at Best Buy in Canada. Note that it has the old release date on it. If they put out new ones, ill snag a few this time.

Those are promo cases from EB Games in Canada.

Interesting, thanks! Grabbed copes of those games from eBay.

I have a Best Buy preorder card for North America. And GameStop promo case for IIx and I & II.

Can someone help me identify this Shenmue watch? It looks like the same watch that was offered on the 5,000 dollar reward tier Shenmue 3 Kickstarter. I know there are different variations when it comes to the Timex watches.

View attachment 3454

View attachment 3455

View attachment 3456

View attachment 3457

Been a while since I've checked the thread but I'll reply now.

It's the official watch (collab with Timex). They released 200 copies of this watch.

There's another version with velcro fastener but I've yet to see it up for auction and not sure how many copies were made.

And nice collections btw guys. Love it!

I'll try to post my new stuff whenever I can.

Back