Post Your Shenmue Collection

I believe so, yes. Updated pictures I did for Shenmue Day:

EUykApCXkAI7wyH

EUykApAXsAY-Ke0

EUykApCXQAALOyP

EUykApDXgAEF2n1

More here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1noX0rkMktuaMPPZC8SRy2ETXvbzyo0y3?usp=sharing I ran out of room in the four pictures I had to have for Twitter, so not all of the magazine articles made it in, as you can see in the stack in the last picture.

Wow, thats an amazing collection!
Hope you don`t mind me asking but what is the book with the mirror design in the first picture at the very bottom of the screen in the middle of it. I gotta say I have never seen it but it looks amazing!
Thank you. I'm proud of it...a lot of time and money into it so far. Ask away!

The book is called L' Histoire de Shenmue, and the edition I got is a Pix 'N Love Dragon & Phoenix special edition. I bought it off Amazon a year or so ago, and it was sealed, for I wasn't collecting during its original release. It is now out of print there: https://www.editionspixnlove.com/livres/789-l-histoire-de-shenmue---phoenix---dragon-edition.html

However, you can still order an original copy from the publisher here: https://www.heroesdepapel.es/product.php?id=76. It also had a limited edition (out of print) found here: https://www.heroesdepapel.es/product.php?id=77

However, copies of all three can be found on Amazon and eBay from time to time. There were plans from Pix 'N Love to translate it into English that they confirmed on Twitter in 2017, but that seems to have been put on the back burner...

Thank you. I'm proud of it...a lot of time and money into it so far. Ask away!

The book is called L' Histoire de Shenmue, and the edition I got is a Pix 'N Love Dragon & Phoenix special edition. I bought it off Amazon a year or so ago, and it was sealed, for I wasn't collecting during its original release. It is now out of print there: https://www.editionspixnlove.com/livres/789-l-histoire-de-shenmue---phoenix---dragon-edition.html

However, you can still order an original copy from the publisher here: https://www.heroesdepapel.es/product.php?id=76. It also had a limited edition (out of print) found here: https://www.heroesdepapel.es/product.php?id=77

However, copies of all three can be found on Amazon and eBay from time to time. There were plans from Pix 'N Love to translate it into English that they confirmed on Twitter in 2017, but that seems to have been put on the back burner...
Wow, thanks for all the info and links. I gotta say these guys really do the artworks well. I`ll definitely look into it if there will ever be an English version.

Of course, mine is small and not nearly up to snuff compared to many of you, but with my Ren statue coming in, I can finally show off the collection! (sans clothing, of which I have a decent amount):

1591881573707.png

It is sad that the majority of the actual pieces, came from 'mue III and KS :(

Attachments

• 1591881575446.png
    1591881575446.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
Of course, mine is small and not nearly up to snuff compared to many of you, but with my Ren statue coming in, I can finally show off the collection! (sans clothing, of which I have a decent amount):

View attachment 8044

It is sad that the majority of the actual pieces, came from 'mue III and KS :(
Great collection! Those statues are amazing, but they are so expensive...

Happy Birthday! ;)

Indeed they are, @Alexey ! For some things, I go for big, vs. quantity, hence why mine will never compare to most of everyone's here :(... but yes, I love those statues :D

And many thanks! :D or, Spasibo! (hope that's right! :$)

Had some new stuff come in recently so I felt like updating :)
Shenmuecollection7.jpg
My SegaShop stuff, I also got the poster too but that's staying in the tube for now. Also pictured is a shirt I got off one of those daily t-shirt sites some years ago that I forgot to include last time.

Shenmuecollection8.jpg
Happy to finally get hold of Lan Di to go with my Ryo I already had :D
Shenmuecollection9.jpg
During lockdown I was clearing out a load of my stuff and found my Shenmue clear files! Would love to have the Ryo and Shenhua ones too to complete the set but I guess that's never going to happen. I also found some Shenmue note paper with the files, it probably came with one of the doujinshi I bought several years ago.

My birthday is coming up and i finally realized a special dream, I finally bought a Dreamcast, and I also bought Shenmue I and II, I think Shenmue I and II are the limited editions, japanese versions, so beautiful. :love:

The Dreamcast was at a great price and is very well maintained, the Dreamcast came with one controller.

Unfortunately I still don't have the VMU, I finally have a Dreamcast with Shenmue I and II, this is a beautiful moment for me.
Dreamcast Shenmue.jpg

Last edited:
My birthday is coming up and i finally realized my collector's dream, I finally bought a Dreamcast, and I also bought Shenmue I and II, I think Shenmue I and II are the limited editions, japanese versions, so beautiful. :love:

The Dreamcast was at a great price and is very well maintained, the Dreamcast came with one controller.

Unfortunately I still don't have the VMU, I finally have a Dreamcast with Shenmue I and II, this is a beautiful moment for me.
View attachment 8302
Looks in wonderful condition, very nice find! I still want to get the Jukebox CD with the original DC Shennmue at some point.

My birthday is coming up and i finally realized a special dream, I finally bought a Dreamcast, and I also bought Shenmue I and II, I think Shenmue I and II are the limited editions, japanese versions, so beautiful. :love:

View attachment 8302

Fantastic!

Take care of that DC; I treat my consoles like priceless treasure and I'm on my 3rd :(

But yes, welcome to the greatest console ever ;)

Looks in wonderful condition, very nice find! I still want to get the Jukebox CD with the original DC Shennmue at some point.
Yeah, is in wonderful condition, i hope one day you get the Jukebox CD with the original DC Shenmue. :giggle:
Fantastic!

Take care of that DC; I treat my consoles like priceless treasure and I'm on my 3rd :(

But yes, welcome to the greatest console ever ;)
Thanks a lot. 3rd? what happened? :( I will take care of this wonderful dreamcast, i treat my consoles like trasures too.:giggle:

Ryo Jacket I.jpg
Ryo Jacket II.jpg

I have Shenmue I and II japanese versions, Ryo's Jacket and the Baoding Balls. The baoding balls is not a Shenmue item but it reminds me of Shenmue so i put on my collection, i will explain why.

In my opinion maybe the Baoding Balls was the inspiration for Yu Suzuki to create the Dragon Mirror and Phoenix Mirror. Synopsis of the Healthy Balls. Being a traditional product of Baoding City, the Healthy ball is famous throughout China and all over the world.

The history of the ball can be traced back an early as the Ming Dynasty (1368 - 1644 D), when it first came out. Solid at the beginning, it was used to build up psysical strength and limber up the joints, as -well as a tool for self- de-fence, it remained solid till the Qing Dynasty (1644 - 1911 A D), when it was fashioned into a hollowed one with a soundboard inside. Since then, the ball has been handed down up to now and known as "Double Balls of Roaring Dragon and Singing Phoenix," for two balls are usually play together and they sound different tones. This is one part of the Synopsis, this is the part that have a connection with Shenmue in my opinion, i think the Baoding Balls were the inspiration for Yu Suzuki to create the Dragon Mirror and the Phoenix Mirror.

What do you guys think? i think that this is awesome, the Baoding Balls will be in my Shenmue Collection, i know this is not a item that appear in the games but i think it have a connection with Shenmue so it will be in my Shenmue Collection.

I have a Shenmue channel showing the Baoding balls, if you guys want to see my Shenmue Channel here is the link https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs1Ao1pR9ubcXcje_kkgigg

Baoding Balls.jpg
My Shenmue collection is not a big collection like a lot of collections here, but is super special for me. I have plans to buy more things for my Shenmue collection. :giggle:

So my first Dreamcast was already 7 years old and got a lot of use for the first 2 years (a launch model and it was my neighbour's) I got it in 2006. The laser started to go (I think it was the laser) in 2011, right before Christmas (December 7th or something), so I got a SEALED DC from around 2000 or so. So from 2011-2016, it was running fine, then Shenmue disc one started acting up and the laser was definitely going on this one. I tried to do the laser trick (spin the little metal thing) and screwed it up, so I luckily found another DC and got it that weekend; it's yellowed, but it works superbly and has since Christmas 2016.

The laser, "lastability," (or endurance) of the DC is just not stellar, sadly and while there were a few other issues with the console here and there, this is the only one that really crops up with owners of it that take good care of it. The other issues are:

- Blown controller ports (which will NEVER happen if you use official peripherals; it will only happen if you use 3rd party controllers, of which I never have).
- Power Supply to the pins (which happens at random, but never to me; all you need to do is bend the large pins back, so they properly rub up against the power supply, which is the easiest fix of all the DC issues)

Anyways, your collection is like mine; small, but very dear to my heart and very important to me! I love those Baoding Balls!

Anyone here have the Shenmue Calendar? the one that has Shenhua in different outfits for every month? this calendar is so beautiful.

I do, boxed. Pretty sure there one or two others that have it as well. Beautiful item
Awesome. :giggle: Where did you bought?

I tried to find the full calendar on the internet but it always seems that is missing some parts. Here on the Dojo i found this https://shenmuedojo.com/media/calendar/ This is the complete calendar? it is not 12 posters? in this link there is 10 posters.

I really want to buy the Shenmue calendar to put in my room, really beautiful.

Awesome. :giggle: Where did you bought?

I tried to find the full calendar on the internet but it always seems that is missing some parts. Here on the Dojo i found this https://shenmuedojo.com/media/calendar/ This is the complete calendar? it is not 12 posters? in this link there is 10 posters.

I really want to buy the Shenmue calendar to put in my room, really beautiful.

Well spotted! I have this calendar too, and just took some fresh snaps of all 13 pages now! Enjoy :) https://shenmuedojo.com/media/calendar/

Back