[Potential Spoilers] Shenmue III Preview Event

Spaghetti

Site Staff
Please keep all info and media from the ongoing Shenmue III preview event to this topic please.

Press & influencers are apparently playing the game at a press event held in Germany(?). The version being played is 1.02 (compared to the 0.90 backer trial version), and seems to be on PS4 units.

New screen featuring Niao Sun & the fortified castle area:

EHFAED8WwAAdpt8.jpg

Some off-screen images:

Last edited:
I totally get the sentiment about NS and her red hair...

But she looks bloody awesome!!!!!!!

I think if at the very least, they did her hairSTYLE like it was before, she would be met with more approval; the simple and boring hairstyle I think is the bigger gripe, rather than colour.

I totally get the sentiment about NS and her red hair...

But she looks bloody awesome!!!!!!!

I think if at the very least, they did her hairSTYLE like it was before, she would be met with more approval; the simple and boring hairstyle I think is the bigger gripe, rather than colour.
Sehnmue one and two had this particular style where the females had really pointed eyes. I liked them.
That was probably a fruit of the people at sega doing the models back then.

Almost 20 years passed. The team doing the game is not the same and Yu Suzuki probably made the decision to update and morenized her looks as he did with Shenhua.

I like this model. Tho, first I want to hear her talk and see her moving to make my final conclusions.
I don't see nothing wrong so far.

On the contaray!

Must admit I am not won over by Niao Sun still, maybe seeing her in motion her hair will be more animated but from that shot alone it looks very stiff and unnatural - I much preferred the messy scraggly-cat-hair from before but respect if that was to complex for their budget for it to be a fair compromise.

Totally on-board with Niao Sun's look. The costume is 90% one of the alternative designs kicking around since production on the originals began, and lighter/red hair is how she looked in the VF RPG days anyway. It's faithful to the source material whichever way you cut it.

Very weird how some random dude got a new screenshot and just posted it to Twitter lol. Looks like they'll be able to talk about it this afternoon going by that tweet so that's cool.
It's probably on a press server.

I need to see Niao Sun curb stomp some fools. Shes supposed to be ruthless and if she doesnt end someone imma be kiiinda let down, ngl, haha.

I need to see Niao Sun curb stomp some fools. Shes supposed to be ruthless and if she doesnt end someone imma be kiiinda let down, ngl, haha.

Don't think she's the fighting type at all, personally; feel she'll be a flunky boss.

This specific pic is clearly from marketing material(probally a poster or something), bud damn if that's how that scene looks in game, that's going to blow minds.

Yea, she clearly doesn't fear anybody, and making a rather blunt statement at that(You know she has connects in very high places).

Infact considering it also has copyright marks on it, as if It's part of a official printline, expect ysnet/deep silver to be selling these at some point.

Don't think she's the fighting type at all, personally; feel she'll be a flunky boss.
If she retains the personality from how she is described in the old promotional video and it still rings true, then I highly doubt she is a flunky boss.

"
One of the four leaders of the Chiyou Men, in charge of the south.

Wearing a voluptuous red dress, her manner seduces and distracts.

Her fearsome eyes pierce everything and are constantly on the hunt for her next prey.

She takes pleasure in cruel actions and eliminates people as if they are bugs."

And I think Yu Suzuki has been pretty adamant that his original vision for characters/plots hasnt really changed. Meaning, Niao Sun isnt some flunky, she is a sadistic killer.

This specific pic is clearly from marketing material(probally a poster or something), bud damn if that's how that scene looks in game, that's going to blow minds.

Yea, she clearly doesn't fear anybody, and making a rather blunt statement at that(You know she has connects in very high places).

Infact considering it also has copyright marks on it, as if It's part of a official printline, expect ysnet/deep silver to be selling these at some point.

I am absolutely digging her style in Shenmue 3. No complaints for me.

If she retains the personality from how she is described in the old promotional video and it still rings true, then I highly doubt she is a flunky boss.

"

Her fearsome eyes pierce everything and are constantly on the hunt for her next prey.

And I think Yu Suzuki has been pretty adamant that his original vision for characters/plots hasnt really changed. Meaning, Niao Sun isnt some flunky, she is a sadistic killer.

I am absolutely digging her style in Shenmue 3. No complaints for me.

Yea definitely :)

You're so wrong, It's scary you have no idea how wrong you are. She's not the type to fight hand to hand sure, but expect her to have a whip that's poisoned or a poisoned tipped knife at very least..

And the hyperbole was needed why?

Whip? Poison-tipped knife?

YOU DON'T KNOW ANY MORE THAN I DO, IT IS ALL SPECULATION.

Jesus Christ...

"

I'll leave that there ;)

And the hyperbole was needed why?

Whip? Poison-tipped knife?

YOU DON'T KNOW ANY MORE THAN I DO, IT IS ALL SPECULATION.

Jesus Christ...

I'll leave that there ;)

Wow that made you angry, touchie aren't we lol. Trust me, she a viper, there's nothing hyperbola about it.

Back