Potential Spoilers: The 'Siege' Mini-Game

Favourite title
Shenmue IIx
Currently playing
Ghost of Tsushima
PSN
mjqjazzbar
Still very curious about this and what it'll be like. Of course, we have no idea if it'll make it into the final game, but after hearing about all the mini games and how some might affect the story, I think it's likely we'll see it. Do you imagine an actual Risk-esque strategy game, or it being played in the third person?

Yu Suzuki: "With the area Baisha, we want to include new fun not included in Shenmue 2. Traditional tactics such as seige and infiltration that we see in warring kingdoms in traditional China are also added. But I want to make it Shenmue-like, easy to grasp, easy to play, and provide more fun.

Might want to modify the title of the thread, as this might be considered spoiler territory for folks who haven't been reading all the interviews.

I don't have much in the way of speculation about it, but I have thought that it might be a good candidate to work along with the "character perspective" system... possibly switching between characters to coordinate their actions strategically.

Infiltration sounds like stuff we've done before, but I have no idea what siege could be. Are we controlling an army now?

Having thought about it marking the title with potential spoilers can't hurt.

Updated the title.

Back