PSN
Shrooms
XBL
Grampa Gohan
Steam
(BANGS) BASS wub wub
Dreamcast Now
Kodama
When do you think it will release, what kind of content, etc...
21xjk0.jpg

It would be nice for the demo to include a small battle scene so we can test how the fights will play like.

I reckon early 2019 release

I'd love something in a vein to what's Shenmue that would be awesome
Absolutely what I'm thinking. Not something that goes into the story at all, but starts in some alternate version of the village and teaches the basic mechanics of the game... this time waking chasing DreamcastGuy or something lmfao

I'd be happy with absolutely anything that doesn't pick up directly after SII's end or spoil any of SIII's story. I'd purely like to tinker with the mechanics, appreciate the visuals and art direction, etc. Something like What's Shenmue would be incredible, however that may take up too many resources.

What's Shenmue (III) would be perfect.

Then again...it's been so long....I think I'll bypass the demo entirely and play it after I beat the main game.
I don't want anything to spoil my first playthrough. Not even THE demo.

I basically hope the demo is just the 70-man battle, but with elderly villagers. ?

Kidding aside, I would love something like what’s Shenmue. I want to explore a village or something ?

What's Shenmue (III) would be perfect.

Then again...it's been so long....I think I'll bypass the demo entirely and play it after I beat the main game.
I don't want anything to spoil my first playthrough. Not even THE demo.
Greatness can't be spoiled, dig into that demo bro!

It'll be awesome if the Ship from chapter two is recreated into demo format. I remember an interview awhile back said assets were already finished but was cut to meet deadlines? Suzuki should import it into Unreal and reuse it.

Use a small amount of Npcs from thier current pool count to showcase the exploration and investigation aspect and use the new Chai model to recreate the boat fight to showcase the new battle mechanics?:D

i would rather they not come out with a demo. the game needs to be judged as a whole.

it the demo gets bad reviews, it could put off first time players and effect S3 sales.

This is tricky, Shenmue isn't exactly a game that lends itself well to a traditional demo. I think that Shenmue is at its best once you've had time to explore an area and experience all the idiosyncratic things it has to offer. Can that be done in a demo? I just don't know.

As for the release date of a demo, I guess probably within 2 months before the game itself launches. The demo needs to be highly polished, with finalised gameplay mechanics and graphics.

i would rather they not come out with a demo. the game needs to be judged as a whole.

it the demo gets bad reviews, it could put off first time players and effect S3 sales.
But something like a cool "what's shenmue" type demo could really hype people, it goes both ways...

It depends really on the difference between what I expect, and what I want.

I wouldn't mind a demo where you begin in Shenhua's home, and are able to explore a bit, also take the path down over the bridge to Bailu Village, and be able to explore a bit more. But all story content is cut. Dialogue with NPCs is strictly a "Hello", or "How are you". Just to get a small feel for the game. Nothing spoilery or anything like that.

If there is story, then it would be involving the little girl we have seen so much of. As far as I know, the beginning of the games narrative involves her. But that's strictly it.

I don't even care what's in it, I just want to have it soon. If we're getting it like a month before release that'd be too late to really matter imo

Back