Premiering February 5th 2022 + New Trailer

Gonna have to find a way to watch it in the Netherlands.....but cannot wait, awesome surprise.

Both the English and Japanese trailers were straight fire!!!

I'm loving the positive feedback that it's getting on Youtube. Even down to the "problems" of whether this will get a proper ending before the games will.

Speaking of, I didn't realize it until now, but this trailer makes me really want a remake of Shenmue I now! If Shenmue IV has the cinematography and storytelling like this Anime, I think we will be in for a damn good experience :grinning:

I'm glad they're keeping Joy. I think I remember reading some speculation that they'd cut her for some reason.

Translation of the official Japanese press release text, which has some short comments from Masaya Matsukaze & Takahiro Sakurai:
  • Masaya Matsukaze (Ryo Hazuki)

"It is with gratitude to everyone that I have been able to experience the miracle of the release of the sequel 20 years later, and the miracle continues now with its first animation! Shenmue is a very big work in my life. I hope that everyone will be able to experience the world of Shenmue, both those who have loved it for a long time and made miracles happen, as well as those who don't even know its name. I'm looking forward to seeing it too! Let's enjoy it together."
  • Takahiro Sakurai (Lan Di)

"I'm Takahiro Sakurai, and I'll be playing the role of Lan Di.
On a personal note, when I first started working as a voice actor, my first encounter with this work was when I participated as a test voice for its development. It was a valuable and stimulating experience for me. And now Shenmue will be relaunched as an animation. This was such exciting news. Even after more than 20 years, the world of Shenmue has not faded away. I hope to enjoy it with you all".

https://www.phantomriverstone.com/2022/01/shenmue-anime-premiere-date-announced.html

I'm glad they're keeping Joy. I think I remember reading some speculation that they'd cut her for some reason.
But I also am disappointed that Xiuying isn't on the key art.

I'm also kinda surprised they didn't keep Brianna Knickerbocker as Shenhua considering she's a professional voice actress that's done a lot of characters for Anime.

Are you frontin' with me?!

nyLXNaV.png

Looks great. Can't wait.

Someone find @Van Joel Sandwich as hype levels have reached an insane level

Someone find @BruceWayne911 . We're all going to need to take out loans at Bruce's bank for anime merch

What a great day. Not one, but two trailers!!!!

We're getting Shenmue for the next 3 months. What a time to be a shenmue fan

To bad I'm only BruceWayne911 in spirit😅

So amazing, will have to rewatch these when I get the time. I think next the community has to galvanize around how we can properly support the anime.

So I am out of the loop here but as a Canadian how do I purchase access? Is there an app where I pay monthly subscription fee? Any information would be appreciated.

Back