Premiering February 5th 2022 + New Trailer

Spaghetti

Site Staff

----------------

Crunchyroll just dropped ANOTHER trailer with the Japanese dub which sees Masaya Matsukaze and Takahiro Sakurai returning as Ryo and Lan Di respectively, echoes of the main theme, and what possibly could be the opening/ending theme to the anime. Amazing. Absolutely amazing.

---------------

Well there we have it folks, we have an air date for Shenmue: The Animation. The saga begins again on February 5th 2022 on Adult Swim and Crunchyroll - just a little over two weeks away!

Here's the trailer:

I'm hyped as fuck. Discuss!

Last edited:
Can’t say the voice didn’t surprise me

So new voice actor for Ryo then? And yet the awkwardness is still retained in some of those line readings (not that I’m complaining..that‘s Ryo)

Still, I think I will go with Japanese dub all the way (it is the original Ryo for Japanese, right?) I’m just too used to Japanese Ryo at this point.

‘Looks great though and much sooner than I expected. Literally two weeks or so away. Let’s do this boys and girls!

Looks incredible! Did not expect is to come so soon. Now the everlasting wait for my limited run packages won't be so hard!

Also the dub is great... Except for Lan Di. He sounds like he's about to fall asleep :tearsofjoy:

Also it's a big issue that the largest anime site has Shenmue: The Animation pending approval for months upon months now. People need to find this anime and many do so through myanimelist. They need to get their shit together because you can't find it by searching for it or anything, or add it to your lists.

This one is much better!

Crunchyroll trailer has forklifts, arcades, more violence, some music, and some brief shots of locales definitely lifted from Shenmue III.

Hang On, Space Harrier, Fantasy Zone, Virtual Fighter..

Love it!! That must be Matsukaze Masaya as Ryo? I don't remember if it was confirmed previously.

Woah!! Looking great! And coming out in 2 weeks? That's the opposite of what us Shenmue fans are used to!

First impressions are great, but i'm not sure about the English voice acting. Ryo seems strange, but i'm sure i'll get used to it. Lan Di seemed to say his lines too quick without any pregnant pauses and i'm a little knackered...I think i'll be watching it in Japanese as I do with 99% of anime (Cowboy Bebop might be the only exception).

That said. Look at the screengrab...

Nozomi! Gui Zhang! Joy! Ren! Don Niu!!

I might even pay to watch this...normally i'm against paying for streaming, but for this i'll make an exception :)

So...Shenmue IV announced in 3 months time (assuming the episodes are coming out weekly)?

EDIT: The Japanese trailer is even better!!

Last edited:
Back