Premiering February 5th 2022 + New Trailer

Holy balls Shenmue with GOOD English voice acting!

It looks fantastic. Might need to get myself a Crunchyroll account

Different trailer with music!

Wow! This trailer is awesome! lol shows a lot of different stuff too! The Japanese VO sounds incredible, really can't wait to see a list of the ENG VO too, as I recognise a lot of the voices! Going to watch it multiple times of course, and will try them both out, but first time will be the Japanese VO for sure!

Soo much to unpack across these two trailers, but overall, it just looks and sounds fantastic! Sounds like new music at the start of the Japanese Trailer? With the Shenmue Theme? Awesome stuff! Could spend hours just going frame by frame and looking at all the small details lol. Say that, do we have an official youtube link of the Japanese trailer anywhere? :p
Edit found it linked in Nathan's Tweet:

The official Website has been updated too! With a list of Cast etc, even has a link to buy the games :D!
1642634603492.png

The makers of this anime seem to actually understand the source material. I'm hyped

Wow! This trailer is awesome! lol shows a lot of different stuff too! The Japanese VO sounds incredible, really can't wait to see a list of the ENG VO too, as I recognise a lot of the voices! Going to watch it multiple times of course, and will try them both out, but first time will be the Japanese VO for sure!

Soo much to unpack across these two trailers, but overall, it just looks and sounds fantastic! Sounds like new music at the start of the Japanese Trailer? With the Shenmue Theme? Awesome stuff! Could spend hours just going frame by frame and looking at all the small details lol. Say that, do we have an official youtube link of the Japanese trailer anywhere? :p
Edit found it linked in Nathan's Tweet:
English sub version is on the Crunchyroll channel:

Also....doing a quick round up of news

Voice cast so far is as follows
Ryo Hazuki voiced by Masaya Matsukaze (Japanese) and Austin Tindle (English):
Lan Di voiced by Takahiro Sakurai (Japanese) and Scott Gibbs (English):
Shenhua voiced by Natalie Rial (English):
Nozomi Harasaki voiced by Cat Thomas (English):
Guizhang Chen voiced by Jeremy Gee (English):
Chai – voiced by Greg Ayres (English):
Wong voiced by Bryson Baugus (English):
Joy voiced by Luci Christian (English):
Xiuying Hong voiced by Christine Auten (English):
Ren voiced by Cody House (English):
Dou Niu voiced by Joe Daniels (English):

Ryo Hazuki, the series' stoic protagonist, will be portrayed by Sailor Moon Crystal's Masaya Matsukaze in Japanese and Tokyo Ghoul's Austin Tindle in English. The villainous Lan Di will be played by Mob Psycho 100's Takuhiro Sakurai and Food Wars' Scott Gibbs. The series will also star Natalie Rial, Cat Thomas, Jeremy Gee, Greg Ayres, Bryson Baugus, Christine Auten, Cody House and Joe Daniels.

Opening Theme - Ito Kashitaro - "UNDEAD-NOID"

Last edited:
Is there anyway for us to tell if the anime is performing well in views or do we have to wait till the season is complete?

Wow. Amazing. Especially the Japanese trailer.

Not gonna lie, I kinda expected this in like... September. I'm amazed and pleased it's so soon.

visual2.jpg

Suuuuuuper high res key art off the Japanese website.

As mentioned above, they've updated the Japanese site for the Anime today. Here's a few background images pulled from the site. Insane details :D
bg_pc (1).jpg
bg_pc (2).jpgbg_pc (3).jpgbg_pc.jpg

Seems that the opening theme is "Undead-No ID" by Kashitaro Ito:
Track.png
Also pretty interesting that the sites main navigation has a "Special" section?
1642635469742.png
Edit: The additional pages are blank for now, but they do have background images:-
bg_pc (4).jpg

bg_pc (5).jpg
bg_pc (6).jpg
That one of the Shenmue Tree, and Shenhua's swing is my fav <3

Attachments

• bg_pc.jpg
    bg_pc.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
As mentioned above, they've updated the Japanese site for the Anime today. Here's a full background images pulled from the site. Insane details :D
View attachment 13826
View attachment 13827View attachment 13828View attachment 13829

Seems that the opening theme is "Undead-No ID" by Kashitaro Ito:
View attachment 13830
Also pretty interesting that the sites main navigation has a "Special" section?
View attachment 13831
There's also three hidden ones from the inaccessible items:

BHRFCmX.jpg

wDvMLXD.jpg

Td5dgnC.jpg

Back