Revan

Excuse me...gorgeous
Favourite title
Shenmue
Currently playing
Uncharted 4

Time is an ocean in a storm…

Finally! What do you all think?

Initial thoughts: I am incredibly stoked for this as Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time is among my top 5 all-time favourite games up there with Shenmue, Ocarina of Time, and KOTOR.

I also really, really hope they do not neglect to remaster Warrior Within and The Two Thrones which are also equally brilliant games in this fantastic trilogy!

aq0nspe4xdm51.png
bb92ove4xdm51.jpg
lo4g93z36gm51.jpg
0onbije4xdm51.png
84f2kte4xdm51.jpg
wf6w30f4xdm51.jpg
xpx1cst36gm51.jpg
EDIT: Screenshots and Gameplay Overview video added

Last edited:
I loved Sands of Time after playing it on the PS2 when it was released. I haven't actually played it since, though. I kind of wonder how I would feel about it now.

Seems like a bit of a no-frills remake. Is it a PS4 exclusive, also?

I'm super pumped for this. I've played and beat all the POP games except the very last one. Ubusoft tried to restart POP franchise with a game that used cell shaded graphics but they never made a sequel. I wish they would've continued the series.

Anyways hopefully this puts POP back in the spotlight again.

I loved Sands of Time after playing it on the PS2 when it was released. I haven't actually played it since, though. I kind of wonder how I would feel about it now.

Seems like a bit of a no-frills remake. Is it a PS4 exclusive, also?
It's coming to PS4, Xbox One and PC in January 2021. Oddly, no ports for the next-gen consoles which are scheduled to release in November, they just keep saying it will be backwards compatible on Series X and PS5.

I've added some screenshots above. I think the environments look really nice and colourful, perfectly gives you that feeling you've stumbled into the pages of an Arabian fantasy storybook, but something is slightly off with the character models in this footage that I think is letting it all down for lots of people. The outraged reaction online has me nervous that Prince of Persia fans will proceed to cancel this thing, ruining the chances of remasters for the remaining two games in this fantastic trilogy as a result.

It's weird because when you pull up the models that have been released, they actually look pretty OK.

yjrxkbz0mfm51.pngwjelszz0mfm51.png

So I have no idea what weird sorcery is happening here, whether it's all down to the lighting used in this footage or that their "Alpha Footage" disclaimer is real - if so, why on earth would you show Alpha footage four months before release?!

One thing I really like about this is its the first-ever Ubisoft remake that is developed entirely in India, which must be a big deal for the Indian gaming community. So looking at this footage I picked up on a number of things the director has weaved into the remake that really celebrates Indian culture to give a more authentic, immersive cultural experience which I think is great for enhancing the portions of the game that take place in India. Very subtle details like...

k3k0m25d9em51.png

...Farah now appearing to wear what looks like Henna on her hands, and her voice actress actually being an Indian actress this time around instead of an American.

Wow! Sorry, I just realised this has made for a completely pointless and long ramble to your original, simple question about whether the game has a PS4 port. I know I'm quite passionate about this trilogy, but yikes!

The outraged reaction online has me nervous that Prince of Persia fans will proceed to cancel this thing, ruining the chances of remasters for the remaining two games in this fantastic trilogy as a result.
That sucks. I can understand outrage over some things, but I'm increasingly done with outrage over video games.

I do think that, when you put their faces side by side like that, they kind of look a little less like two different people, and almost like they're from two different universes.

Wow! Sorry, I just realised this has made for a completely pointless and long ramble to your original, simple question about whether the game has a PS4 port. I know I'm quite passionate about this trilogy, but yikes!
It's cool. I enjoyed reading them. I didn't realize the remake was being handled in India, and the Henna tattoo is a nice touch.

Honestly I think the 2008 game looks better than this remake, but I suppose at least they are trying with this unlike the Mario ports.

Back