Progress Report #1 Shenmue 3 Overhaul

gladias9

The Anime Is Better...
Favourite title
Shenmue II
The overhaul is still progressing nicely. I'm just about done experimenting with files.
I've moved primarily onto solidifying my changes now.

The (mostly) finished changes cover a wide range of aspects
  • Adventure camera - Zoomed out from Ryo, Faster rotation, Ryo runs faster, No running stamina drain
advcam.png

• Battle camera - Zoomed out from Ryo, More side-angles, better battle awareness

combatfar.png
combatmulti.png

• 'Grinding' rebalanced - Faster leveling, Woodchopping/fishing/capsuletoys boosted $/chances

wood.png
fishing.png
capsuletoys.png
  • Enemies rebalanced - More aggressive, Pursue more, Stats buffed
  • Combat rebalanced - Ryo dodges further/faster, Ryo's block unbreakable, Skill moves nerfed slightly
  • Graphics boosted - Shadow/object distance increased
What I'm working on..
  • Musical swaps - Includes unreleased Shenmue tracks, also remove out of place 'nostalgia' tracks
  • Optional Story script changes for subtitle readers, better written characters, dramatic plot points
  • (These are hopefully achievable but no guarantees) Lan Di actually fightable, dojo characters swapped with hero characters, combat input lag removed with swapped inputs to accomodate (no this still isn't Shenmue 1/2 style)
Overall, Shenmue 3 will be a bit closer to the game I think a lot of us wanted.
Many suggested changes didn't get in, I apologize. My tools & knowledge are limited with UE4.
STILL! This is a huge step up from the original game and I hope you all find something here that you enjoy.

Fantastic work. Please keep us updated with you progress.

One small request can you provide video footage of these adjustments. Very curious how the tweaked battle camera looks in motion.

Fantastic work. Please keep us updated with you progress.

One small request can you provide video footage of these adjustments. Very curious how the tweaked battle camera looks in motion.
Can't wait to show you.
The camera isn't glued to Ryo's back as aggressively anymore and actually allows you to see the action from a sideview more often.

I want to, at the very least, get some more music swaps and subtitle changes in first.

Back