Project Update #113: Tokyo Game Show 2019: New Movies!

Deep Silver uploaded the Mood trailer to YouTube on their channel and of course it's getting dislike-bombed. Feel like helping it out?

Btw multiple amazing visual stuff in the new video:
  • We knew it, but the terrain gets wet after rain and shines because of the sun
  • There's a nice cloth physic implemented to the stands in Chobu (you can see the tents cloth moving because of the wind)
  • Another really nice detail is the fire torches: The light they emit change in intensity, as the fire burns. You can see it multiple times, which is a nice touch.

Getting the trailer with the Japanese dub is great. Bit of a shame they couldn't get the original Ren back, his laconic delivery was perfect for the character, but I'll live with it. I'll play through the English VO on a second playthrough, I liked the actor who played the old master at the end of the trailer.

Not watching the other video so as to avoid spoilers, will just rewatch the Japanese trailer and play the trial until the game comes out :)

Reading news articles today, much of it is very positive (even Dualshockers!) Kickstarter comments are still a war zone, but I think it is down to a hardcore half-dozen trolls now.

A good day all around I think!

Reading news articles today, much of it is very positive (even Dualshockers!) Kickstarter comments are still a war zone, but I think it is down to a hardcore half-dozen trolls now.

Yeah, and just a few negative to the majority of positive comments on Eurogamer. Good work guys. Makes me laugh the amount of shit Death Stranding is getting now.

Yeah, and just a few negative to the majority of positive comments on Eurogamer. Good work guys. Makes me laugh the amount of shit Death Stranding is getting now.
I absolutely ADORE MGS (even 5, as blatantly incomplete as it is) and Snatcher, but DS just does not look fun to me. I can dig a slow, unconventional, less action-packed game as evidenced by my love for S1, but DS legitimately just looks dull to me. My hatred for scanned-in actors and that ugly baby doesn't help things, either...

I absolutely ADORE MGS (even 5, as blatantly incomplete as it is) and Snatcher, but DS just does not look fun to me. I can dig a slow, unconventional, less action-packed game as evidenced by my love for S1, but DS legitimately just looks dull to me. My hatred for scanned-in actors and that ugly baby doesn't help things, either...

I've never been able to get into the MGS series. To be honest I just don't think I really understand kojima. The humour or silliness of his games takes away the seriousness for me. I don't ever really know where I stand with them.

With DS, from what I have seen I have no understanding of whats happening at all, and carrying around an unrealistic amount of boxes on the players back whilst traversing the land just....doesn't do it for me. What even is that weird baby thing?

Who knows, maybe after release and things become clear it might raise my interest, but not right now.

I'm also fine with slow burn games, but as long as there is a reason for it. With Shenmue, I always felt that reason existed, even in its quieter moments. The places in Shenmue just begged to be explored.

Deep Silver uploaded the Mood trailer to YouTube on their channel and of course it's getting dislike-bombed. Feel like helping it out?

Sounds like people are hating on it due to their hate for EPIC sigh, because while there are a couple of issues, I can't see how the two issues in the trailer as reason to mass bomb it.

I know people hate the “no true Shenmue fan” fallacy, but if you love Shenmue there’s just no way you’re not hyped after the latest trailer. Makes zero sense.

Yep was on it. Had to block a couple of people because they constantly spammed about the game being a scam. ?
What was that one guys name again? The one started with a G. Blocked that guy, was so annoying lol
Gertie or something

Yep was on it. Had to block a couple of people because they constantly spammed about the game being a scam. ?

Wow for a scam there's a lot of footage, and evidence of clear work being done. Lol if Shenmue 3 is a scam, It's not a very good scam. I mean not only did Shenmue 3 get more money, but Yu Sazuki clearly states what that money is going to, what a bad way to run a scam. You should never give specifics on what money is going to.

Sounds like people are hating on it due to their hate for EPIC sigh, because while there are a couple of issues, I can't see how the two issues in the trailer as reason to mass bomb it.

The jokes on them, look at the positive engagement on the PlayStation channel and official shenmue channel. These ppl really need to get a life and quick.

With regards to kojima. I love metal gear and it's one of my favourite franchises. I didn't like metal gear 5 though. That 50 minute gameplay of death stranding was awful. Really bad. Very empty and it looks like mgs5 with a new skin and much less. We'll see how it plays out.

I did like the new Yakuza trailer though.

The game continually improves with each showing, which is why I'm certain it'll look perfect by release.

The hate is decreasing because the Epic thing isn't really that big of a deal, even if it could be seen as unfortunate in some way(there's arguments for and against), but it shouldn't be a dealbreaker for people waiting this many years.

Couple that with the improvements, there really isn't a whole lot to complain about. The animations and character graphical stuff(textures, facial animation, etc.) is being polished up now, as Yu said it would be last. That's why I think the final product will look better than we think, as I believe these trailers were cut early(i.e. a month or 1.5) to allow more development time.

The fighting looks better than E3, the music sounds great, the atmosphere is perfect, the vintage Shenmue vibes are there(love it or hate it), so I'm happy with all that's coming.

Back