Project Update #113: Tokyo Game Show 2019: New Movies!

The bits I learned from the recent previews:
  • At least three levels of zoom for Ryo back cam including one very close to the neck and FPS.
  • if you buy the blue t-shirt in the demo, you can't wear it on site.
  • in free battle, blocks are associated with a bar. If you're blocking too longer, the bar reaches zero and you can't block anymore until the bar re-increases by its own.
  • The souvenir photos in Ryo's inventory are the same as Dreamcast, they didn't remake the characters with UE4 engine.
  • The environment music system is the same as Shenmue 2. The music changes when you're crossing a zone. They're no really subtle transition, the change is pretty straight forward like an old-school JRPG.

Last edited:
  • At least three levels of zoom for Ryo back cam including one very close to the neck and FPS.
  • if you buy the blue t-shirt in the demo, you can't wear it on site.
  • in free battle, blocks are associated with a bar. If you're blocking too longer, the bar reaches zero and you can't block anymore until the bar re-increases by it own.
  • The souvenir photos in Ryo's inventory are the same as Dreamcast, they didn't remake the characters with UE4 engine.
  • The environment music system is the same as Shenmue 2. The music changes when you're crossing a zone. They're no really subtle transition, the change is pretty straight forward like an old-school JRPG.

Where did you learn that last bit ? Was it Chieze ?

I hope this isn't saying there will be no newly made flashbacks with the new graphics :(

Regarding Death Stranding, I actually cancelled my pre-order. It looks boring and once Shenmue 3 comes out I'll have no time for it anyways.

I saw some footage of Death Man Stranding and saw you can make your character take a piss.

Funnily enough, when I first played Shenmue I thought that maybe future games in the series might take things to ridiculous levels of realism to the extent that Ryo would need to go to the bathroom.

I saw some footage of Death Man Stranding and saw you can make your character take a piss.

Funnily enough, when I first played Shenmue I thought that maybe future games in the series might take things to ridiculous levels of realism to the extent that Ryo would need to go to the bathroom.
We need a bathroom qte

And if you fail and piss your pants, the Excite QTE buzz sound plays with "You Suck" blaring out.

Ryo would then say "It's no good. I'll try again tomorrow".

I feel quite sad for Ryo now :(
? If you fail the qte while running towards the toilet Ryo trips and smashes his head in the toilet seat. Then ryo gets up in a daze and says "Ugh, I'll try again tomorrow", followed by Ryo pissing his pants

Delin appears and shouts "LEFT, LEFT, LEFT, LEFT!" to make sure you keep the stream in the bowl.

I'd be overjoyed to get $10 every time I took a piss.

I would also be encouraged by Delin saying what a great team we make as Ryo finishes up.

I figured that.... had the character perspective system been maintained.... you could play as Ren and choose to take an upper-decker into Lan Di's personal toilet.

Ryo would simply choose to steal all the toilet paper.

Shenhua would put herbs in Lan Di's tea which would give him an upset stomach.

Back