PSA: Do NOT read the Mega Visions review if you are avoiding spoilers

Favourite title
Shenmue IIx
Currently playing
Ghost of Tsushima
PSN
mjqjazzbar
It's a very nice review and the writer gave Shenmue 3 a great score. Unfortunately, about halfway through the author decided to basically outline the entire ending sequence of the game. I'm not sure they're aware it's very poor form to spoil the ending of a game in a review, but for those who were unfortunate enough to read it and have yet to finish the game (me), it was very upsetting.

I asked why the hell they left this in the review via Twitter and did not receive a response, but I hope someone over there decides to take that part out.

There's a "(Spoiler warning ahead)" bit in the review, was that there before?

It wasn't when I read it. I just read it and was smacked in the face with the entire ending sequence spelled out. Even with the new warning, poor form. Why would a review need to mention anything about the ending of a game? That's totally bizarre IMO.

There was a Spoiler Warning tag in the article when I published it. It wasn't a recent addition. I could make it more obvious if necessary. My big reasoning for my score revolved around the story and its ending, hence why i included it. My apologies if it wasn't clear enough.

Spoiler warning or not, I would suggest putting in detailed descriptions of a game's ending in a review isn't really good form.

Back