mjqjazzbar
US:

SHENMUE III 35.99
SHENMUE III – DIGITAL DELUXE EDITION44.99

EU:

Shenmue III PS4 £29.99
Digital Deluxe Edition PS4 £36.99

Blog Post - BIG IN JAPAN - Promotion ends 23.59pm GMT Tuesday, 3rd March

Always thought digital games should be a few bucks less, and I believe they actually were in early days during 7th gen. Now, though, they're just as expensive and seem to price-cut even slower than discs at stores.

Especially for a niche AA title like Shenmue, feel like it should've been only $40 at most to begin with for download version.

Last edited:

Back on sale on Amazon.

Why must 99% of people use the old weird versions of Shenmue III screenshots where Ryo and Shenhua look completely dead inside? Even the Shenmue III Facebook still uses models from the first ugly trailer as its pfp.

Dude, the LRG box has an old model of Ryo on it. It’s hard not to be a bit a bit negative about this whole process... I blame Deep Silver at this point.

Should note Shenmue 3 shot up from the 2 or 3 thousands yesterday on Amazon to the 900s today since the price drop.

#973 in Video Games (See Top 100 in Video Games)
#175 in PlayStation 4 Games

Appears to have helped in UK as well:

Imagine what a PS+ copy of Shenmue 1 & 2 would do... Fingers crossed for March. :eek:

But as long as sales stay kind of steady until Steam launch, I think things should be ok...

Why must 99% of people use the old weird versions of Shenmue III screenshots where Ryo and Shenhua look completely dead inside? Even the Shenmue III Facebook still uses models from the first ugly trailer as its pfp.

Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t it the publishers responsibility to provide media with screenshots and other materials? If so the fact gaming websites and the like we’re constantly using very old and outdated footage right up until release (and in this case post launch) is reflective of what a poor job DS did.

Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t it the publishers responsibility to provide media with screenshots and other materials? If so the fact gaming websites and the like we’re constantly using very old and outdated footage right up until release (and in this case post launch) is reflective of what a poor job DS did.
I asked this question during the financial statement and got a generic no comment response. But yes you would be right as far as I understand it.

But there were plenty of good art to use that got released after that. Like the one where Ryo plays QTE Title for example. The Ryo on the front cover was available too. And yet, even the official Shenmue social media channels keep using 2017 material even now. Even random Shenmue III videos online by random creators still use them. Metacritic's trailer for it is the 2017 trailer!! The first super ugly tease.

But there were plenty of good art to use that got released after that. Like the one where Ryo plays QTE Title for example. The Ryo on the front cover was available too. And yet, even the official Shenmue social media channels keep using 2017 material even now. Even random Shenmue III videos online by random creators still use them. Metacritic's trailer for it is the 2017 trailer!! The first super ugly tease.

Yeah I completely concur. I mean fans were taking some absolute gorgeous pictures during the trial that honestly looked far superior to any media being released on any of the official channels or provided to media. I understand Ysnet having limited capacity releasing artwork or renders but it literally doesn’t cost anything for them to capture screens that better represent the finished game.

In many ways the game never could get out of the shadow left by the first teaser, which is a shame because I think the finished product despite made under enormous restrictions was quite pretty in the end.

Last edited:
I still see the very first image from the Kickstarter used in articles and press about this game. It’s bewildering.

the-ryo-character-from-the-iconic-shenmue-video-game-series

The price has dropped to £21 at the game collection and £23 on Amazon UK. Will be interesting to see if there are many takers.

It’s up to #3 on Amazon’s movers and shakers list and there’s only one copy left in stock at TGC.

Very good showing on Amazon UK. I'm telling you that free Shenmue 1 & 2 would do wonders for Shenmue 3 right about now. Easy price to swallow + incentive to get into the series. If Shenmue 3 can maintain a steady rate of sales at a lower price the game is far from over... Two spots behind Death Stranding & one spot ahead of Spider Man. Could be worse.

Back