Question about Shenmue I & II saves over to Shenmue III PC

My story with Shenmue is a mess... question in red font

I have the US release of Shenmue I and the EU release of Shenmue II for the SEGA Dreamcast.

It made me sad to find out my save file from Shenmue I didnt worked because of the regional difference of the games.

I also have Shenmue II for the original XBOX.

Being a XBOX fan and anti-Sony, I purchased Shenmue I & II in the XBOX ONE X expecting the PS4 exclusivity of Shenmue III to end any time soon, but it never happened... so I purchased Shenmue III for the PS4 and all its DLC

It happems that I really dont like to play anything on the PS4 at all, since its the PS4 Slim, not the Pro

I have Shenmue III for my gaming laptop but that was a gif from Epic games, so I got the game for free and I purchased the DLCS again...

Again, Epic Store doesnt have Shenmue I&II, its just not available...

today Shenmue I & II went on sale at the STEAM store so its very cheap right now, and I want to buy again, but I dont want to pay for III a 3rd time

Theres any chance my save files from SHENMUE 1&2 STEAM will work on Epic version of SHENMUE 3?

Last edited:
I may have misunderstood your question but as far as I'm aware you can't import a Shenmue II save file into Shenmue III. It's just not a feature the game has.

I may have misunderstood your question but as far as I'm aware you can't import a Shenmue II save file into Shenmue III. It's just not a feature the game has.

oh so no money or moves import?

I just played very little of Shenmue III and I thought we could carry things from S1 and S2 to 3

oh so no money or moves import?

I just played very little of Shenmue III and I thought we could carry things from S1 and S2 to 3

Cool as it would have been, unfortunately not!

Cool as it would have been, unfortunately not!

well than dont worth for me to buy S1 and S2 again on PC

I will play the Epic Store release of S3 and maybe buy all 3 on Steam to someone since its very cheap right now its good to give as a gift

Back