Random Gaming Thoughts

o well, thanks for the info.

4 colours, each have 4 different games.

Screenshot_4-e72e.jpg

Me too, I will buy probably the black one but just for my mini console collection, it is unplayable as the GBA Micro

I have rather small hands for a guy but i still think the micro game gear would be too small for me. But I am still going to buy one I guess. Never had gamegear so it would be worthy addition to my collection.

So they're selling a magnifying screen overlay to actually make it playable?! :LOL:

These are a neat little novelty. If they become available from Amazon AU I'll grab one, probably...if they localise the ROMs (the Shining Force one in particular).

More of a toy/collectible than a mini console. Kind of a shame...gimme that Master System Mini, or Saturn, or Dreamcast.

Why did Sega consoles always have the coolest names? Megadrive, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast. Maybe it's just the eternal 12-year-old inside me, but [Company name], Super [Company Name], Playstation, Playstation [number], etc just aren't anywhere near as as cool. Or cool at all, for that matter. The name "Playstation" legitimately made me think of edutainment stuff, fisher price, McDonald's playpens, juvenile things of that nature as a kid. I was shocked to later find out it was an excellent console with great games.

Why did Sega consoles always have the coolest names? Megadrive, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast. Maybe it's just the eternal 12-year-old inside me, but [Company name], Super [Company Name], Playstation, Playstation [number], etc just aren't anywhere near as as cool. Or cool at all, for that matter. The name "Playstation" legitimately made me think of edutainment stuff, fisher price, McDonald's playpens, juvenile things of that nature as a kid. I was shocked to later find out it was an excellent console with great games.
Agreed, but I guess from a marketing point of view Playstation is really a strong brand and just increasing the number is easy to remember and to taget market. It wouldn't surprise me if they did something like a "sony coolname_here" a lot of people (parents and people not into gaming) would be confused about what that actually is and could hurt a bit seasonal christmas sales.

the price of xbox one x ( cyberpunk 2077 model) has dropped down to £259 including the game cyberpunk 2077.

pretty good price. makes me wonder how cheap the xbox one x is going to be when the series x comes out.

the price of xbox one x ( cyberpunk 2077 model) has dropped down to £259 including the game cyberpunk 2077.

pretty good price. makes me wonder how cheap the xbox one x is going to be when the series x comes out.
Xbox One has sold around 50m units compared to PS4's 100m. Microsoft has pretty much given up on this generation and that's why you have all these sales and things like Game Pass. Xbox One could be £50 and I still can't find a reason to buy it. What were previously my favourite games were on Xbox but have either been milked dry (Gears of War, Halo), suffered a significant drop in quality (Crackdown) or have vanished (Fable, Conkers, Project Gotham).

Reactions: red
Persona 4 Golden looks to be coming to PC as part of the PC gaming show this weekend.

Count me the fuck in! Will gladly spend another 120 hours or so playing that game. It is one of my favorite games of all time.

Also, bring on the mod community. I'd be curious to see what they bring to it.

Persona 4 Golden looks to be coming to PC as part of the PC gaming show this weekend.

Count me the fuck in! Will gladly spend another 120 hours or so playing that game. It is one of my favorite games of all time.

Also, bring on the mod community. I'd be curious to see what they bring to it.
Really excited about it. I wonder if it will be just a port or there will be enhancements of some kind.

I hope it sells well and they decide to port persona3 to pc.

the last of us 2 reviews are up. most have given it 10/10 but there is a few 7-8 out of 10's

i look forward to playing it but in the meantime i need to boot up my ps3 and play tlou1 again.

Suddenly I feel unmotivated gaming speaking like it was 2014 again. I am still struggling with the RPG idea of Yakuza 7, no news on Shenmue IV, the new gen does not look exciting to me right now, still no news on new exciting fighting games, my Nintendo Switch is dusting right now because I do not find one of those game to keep me playing all day long... There will be better times

RE2 on DC feels like such a missed opportunity after seeing DC versions of RE3 and Dino Crisis. Still much better than not getting the game at all, don't get me wrong.

Suddenly I feel unmotivated gaming speaking like it was 2014 again. I am still struggling with the RPG idea of Yakuza 7, no news on Shenmue IV, the new gen does not look exciting to me right now, still no news on new exciting fighting games, my Nintendo Switch is dusting right now because I do not find one of those game to keep me playing all day long... There will be better times
I'm still not thrilled about Yakuza going turn-based since beat em ups are my favorite genre and Yakuza was one of the last big budget ones coming out on a regular basis, but beating Skies of Arcadia again recently has me hankering for another Sega JRPG. My god, that game is an absolute masterpiece. We really do deserve our current gaming landscape for letting the Dreamcast fail.

Back