Random Gaming Thoughts

To be fair, I linked Eurogamer but IGN first reported the story. I just didn't link them originially because they kept calling it Wonder Boy IV and I was being stupidly petty, haha.

I don't have an issue that it's a remake instead of a sequel, just that 2.5D games can look really bland if not done correctly. Something as colorful as this game should be 2D, and other Wonder Boy remakes/spiritual successors have shown how great it can look. I mean, look how much better Monster Boy looks! (Don't mind the cheesy music)

I think that still reflects poorly on Eurogamer, though. Maybe even more so.

I don't prefer 2.5D, for sure, but sort of along those lines, there's really no need to remake MWIV. Especially if it were a 2D remake. Monster Boy does look fairly nice, but MWIV will always look absolutely stunning to me. I just struggle to understand what the reasoning could have been for getting the band back together, so to speak, for what looks like might be a fairly mediocre remake of an almost flawless game.

MWIV was peak Westone. I'd be able to look more favorably on a new project than a remake, but I don't really like the remake/remaster trend much to begin with.

Oh dang, that's not good. I'll have to look into it and see if that's still an issue with the newer ones. I love the Saturn pad too of course, don't get me wrong, but I think the genny 6-pad might just be my all time favorite 2D controller. Something about it just feels so good. But yeah, I'm just playing on PC.

For an update on this, I emailed retro-bit's customer service about this issue and they ended up sending me a brand new controller. I'll try to break it in a bit and see if the issue still exists, but I think that's pretty great customer service!

For an update on this, I emailed retro-bit's customer service about this issue and they ended up sending me a brand new controller. I'll try to break it in a bit and see if the issue still exists, but I think that's pretty great customer service!
That's awesome! Let me know how that goes. I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on that clear blue one.

Scott Pilgrim is going to be re released!!!

Scott Pilgrim is going to be re released!!!

Pumped for this! I imagine it should have the online play that was patched into the original release?

Other than that from the Ubi event today, I'm honestly not sure if Prince of Persia looks that good but it seems to be pretty early on.

I think I'm a little higher on "Immortals: Fenyx Rising" than the internet reception. It does show its influences quite unapologetically but if it's a well executed game, then I don't mind too much. Also "Gods and Monsters" was a cooler name, but the suits gotta suit.

Would've loved a BG&E2 update and I'm honestly not too excited about the game as service focus. I'm kind of hoping there are some changes being made behind the scenes to bring it back closer to the direction of the original game.

Am I the only person who doesn't get excited for remakes? The only games that I give a pass for on remakes are consoles like: NES, SNES, GameBoy, Sega Genesis, etc. Games that are extremely aesthetically challenged. When Sega entertained the idea of a Shenmue 1&2 remake I thought it would be a waste of money. Use those resources on Shenmue 4 not Shenmue 1&2. The Shenmue community has been stuck with Shenmue 1&2 for 20 years lets progress then revisit the past. IMO

Am I the only person who doesn't get excited for remakes? The only games that I give a pass for on remakes are consoles like: NES, SNES, GameBoy, Sega Genesis, etc. Games that are extremely aesthetically challenged. When Sega entertained the idea of a Shenmue 1&2 remake I thought it would be a waste of money. Use those resources on Shenmue 4 not Shenmue 1&2. The Shenmue community has been stuck with Shenmue 1&2 for 20 years lets progress then revisit the past. IMO
For me Shenmue 1 & 2 never really needed a remake; but in the re-releases they should have also improved the audio quality of both games and also should have made a full HD retexturing of both games like Streamer 2k is doing with his Shenmue HD Retexturing Project.

Sergeynest said:
By the way can you port the textures of the Mirrors from Shenmue 3 and replace them for the ones in Shenmue 1 & 2 HD !?
Done! Mirrors look beautiful at 4K resolution. Unfortunately, it is not as easy as doing a simple replacement.Centerpiece will need some more work and adjustments to align well with Shenmue I 3D mesh, as you can see in the screenshots:

20200911211734_1.jpg

20200911212019_1.jpg

20200911212134_1.jpg

20200911212148_1.jpg

20200911211740_1.jpg

20200911212028_1.jpg

Love Love Reply
  • Love
Reactions:You, ValoniMahoni and code l name

i know it's only an alpha multiplayer demo but imo cod cold war is terrible. it's a big step backwards for cod

i know it's only an alpha multiplayer demo but imo cod cold war is terrible. it's a big step backwards for cod

How so? I have it downloaded and was playing a bit of it earlier myself.

How so? I have it downloaded and was playing a bit of it earlier myself.
just very basic gameplay and weapons.. For me it's very uncreative and more of the same old call of duty. i thought they were going to do something to Rival cod war zone in size etc.

Literally nothing that I want comes out all year except SoR4, and then suddenly 3 different games that I do want decide to release all within 24 hours of each other. Fuck you game industry.
What games are they?

Could you tell I was dying for someone to ask? :censored: The PC ports of Ginga Force, Panzer Dragoon Remake, and Serious Sam 4 (pretty much the only western game series I still like). I doubt my toaster could run SS4 well though, so I may put that one on the backburner until I upgrade.
:LOL: Not really. I was actually curious, because I figured there was a chance I would care about them, too.

Ginga Force, you say? I never actually bought a lot of the non-Cave shooters on the 360. Nice to know it'll be available on PC. I was actually confusing it for a second with Bullet Soul, which I just saw is also on PC now.

Back