Random Gaming Thoughts

No Final Fantasy XVI... U serious S-E?!

As for the often remarked souls-like game, it reminded me more of Devil May Cry 1 than any souls game - I got the impression most of the game will be set within a Castle too. The cast look VERY out of place, similar to FFXV's cast but at least they are actual characters that have dialogue and are involved with what is going on. I noticed the lead character wearing different costumes in battle, so there may be visual customization elements too. Also, party members seem to be present during the combat, I'm beginning to wonder how this will differ from the mainline FFXVI... The only difference I see is this being smaller in setting where as XVI will have a world to explore. Overall I'm mildly interested, not a Day One Purchase, but something I could see myself playing eventually

Edit:
Or sooner than expected, there's already a Demo out now!
1623618683913.png

Last edited:
No Final Fantasy XVI... U serious S-E?!

As for the often remarked souls-like game, it reminded me more of Devil May Cry 1 than any souls game - I got the impression most of the game will be set within a Castle too. The cast look VERY out of place, similar to FFXV's cast but at least they are actual characters that have dialogue and are involved with what is going on. I noticed the lead character wearing different costumes in battle, so there may be visual customization elements too. Also, party members seem to be present during the combat, I'm beginning to wonder how this will differ from the mainline FFXVI... The only difference I see is this being smaller in setting where as XVI will have a world to explore. Overall I'm mildly interested, not a Day One Purchase, but something I could see myself playing eventually

Edit:
Or sooner than expected, there's already a Demo out now!
View attachment 11766
I feel like this game is not ready at all. It looks like some Nioh 1 Beta demo footage, running on the PS3.
The trailer was so weird. Team Ninjas Nioh 2 looks way better than this.
On the SE Blog its stated this games comes out in 2022
and this Demo is more like a feedback demo.
So going by the livestream comments in general (very negative),
the internet feedback and demo feedback will probably be pretty bad
and it wouldnt surprise me at all if that is going to delay the whole game.

Not a single thing. I'm watching the Xbox Showcase and I'm so bored. I'm pretty sure gaming reveals were of a lot better quality back in the day. Just the whole production value is very lackluster. Trailer after trailers and no big hits so far.
I agree this is the first e3 in quite a long time where I'm bored as well and have no desire to purchase anything that has been shown. Granted I wasn't expecting much this year because of covid-19 anyway but usually there's at least one to two games where I'm excited to play later in the year or the next. Just disappointment all-around this year.

Hoping for a Street Fighter 6 announcement tomorrow. Though I am scared they won't make a significant improvement of the graphics, stick with and double down on the microtransactions.

Next hope is Konami, thought not taking part in E3, shows some gameplay of the upcoming PES game. Apart from that, expectations are very low as most of the other games I'm looking forward to are the Sony exclusives which have already been shown or won't be shown anytime soon (God of War for example).

So literally nothing from Sega this E3 aside from that stupid Mankind game, huh? Well that's cool I guess, I really needed even more reasons to hate this year's E3. 😭

Is anyone else not really impressed with E3 so far? Nothing really has grabbed my attention
Nope, it's been a pretty weak E3 so far. But to be fair, I kind of expected it to be. Pandemic probably threw off a lot of schedules. Still, pretty weak all around.

I liked the presentation of the PC Gaming Show. Taking advantage of the situation to do something creative and daft like putting your presenters on a spaceship with a rogue AI beats interviewing devs from your kitchen.

But in terms of the actual games themselves, not a single one has stood out to me. I’m hoping that Nintendo will announce something cool, even if it’s just a Zelda 35th compilation on Switch.

I watched pretty much everything since June 10 and so far i have only written down three game names.
Two of them are indie games. All three are 2022 games, two of them dont have a real date yet.

I was looking forward to FF 16 but its probably not at E3 because of the Sony deal,
i was looking forward to the Team Ninja FF game but the announcement was extremely underwhelming,
i was looking forward to Babylons Fall but the update was extremely underwhelming.
I was also looking forward to a Gothic Remake, Elex 2, Kingdom Come 2 or Forspoken
update / announcement ... nothing.

I'm not a Nintendo guy, so i fear there isnt much left. Capcom will probably just have
Monster Hunter and RE Village content updates,
Bandai Namco probably updates for Scarlet Nexus, Tales if Arise and House of Ashes ...

I'm in the Playstation event waiting room

Last edited:
Nintendo have always disappointed me. Would love a quality Pokemon Red/Blue remake or a new Star Fox entry but nothing so far. I've had my Switch for 2 years or so and have only completed/seriously played 5 games:
  1. Mario Kart
  2. Super Mario Odyssey
  3. Zelda
  4. Sonic Mania
  5. Super Smash Bros
The Nintendo store looks little different to the Google Play Store (filled with junk) and most of the games are overpriced. Said it before, Nintendo are EA level bad when it comes to milking gamers for money. They put so little effort in a lot of their games, especially the remakes. Hell, the latest Pokemon game didn't even have a full roster and still had generic attack motions that were present in the original Gameboy games.

Reactions: red
That Guardians of the Galaxy demo was bad. It was super cringe worthy to me due to all of the not funny back and forth banter between the characters. I'll check out what the other studios showcase but to me E3 is done this year. I'm now waiting to see what Sony shows in a few weeks.

Last edited:
I expected it to be a pretty bad year in general for E3. Given 2020 would have fucked up a lot of schedules and would of hampered development for many.

MS didn't have much of anything that interest me. I really don't care about Halo so that didn't do anything for me. Forza Horizon 5 looks alright, but nothing new to see here. The Outer Worlds 2 teaser was cute and all with the meta shit, but again, look past that and they're literally announcing a game that has absolutely nothing to show. Which kind of just sums it all up for me that things are still too early in the cooker and no one has anything substantial ready to show.

Third Party wise has been a bore. There was nothing special coming out of Ubisoft. Guardians of the Galaxy looked like it was stripmined DLC turned into a full game from the terrible Avengers game from last year. Looked kind of janky to me. I like Guardians of the Galaxy but that game showing did nothing for me. Life Is Strange is getting a remaster, why? It didn't even look any different when they showed the comparison shots. Final Fantasy Origins could be kind of interesting. I just thought what they showed of it looked a little underbaked in the combat department.

I was hoping for a THPS 3+4 HD remaster this week, but that doesn't seem to be coming. I just want THPS3 levels remastered. I think SEGA already shot their wad with Lost Judgment and I think that's the only major thing we can expect from them this year. I doubt Capcom will have much of anything to show. Doubt we're gonna get anything on that RE4 remake any time soon (probably next year at earliest)

Was a bit disappointed we haven't gotten a single unexpected surprise. Fumito Ueda's next game didn't show up. I didn't expect it too, but it would have been nice to see what he is working on next. Although I think we won't see anything from it until the year its ready to release. I don't think he wants another repeat of The Last Guardian with announcing anything too early.

Indie game stuff is all just too samey for me. Either a lot of pixel art 2D throwbacks or "up our own ass" artsy fartsy crap -- well that is harsh but a lot of indie games are very precious about themselves almost too much to a fault.

Here's hoping Nintendo has something of interest. I doubt they will show off the Switch Pro this week (although weirder things have happened) but I at least hold out hope their show will be entertaining enough to make up for the lackluster showing that has been E3 so far. Since it's Donkey Kong's 40th year, would be nice to see some Donkey Kong love with something new DK related.

I'm not terribly surprised though. I had a feeling this year was gonna be lackluster just because of what happened last year. It clearly fucked everyone up.

Does anyone remember those rumors last year about two different Silent Hill projects being in development for PS5? I wonder what happened to those rumors were they unfounded I guess? Because I haven't heard anything since then.

There was also a rumor about the Siren director working on a new project for PS5 I believe as well. I was just thinking with Sony's event coming in a few weeks hopefully, it would be a neat little stinger at the end of the presentation to show off a Silent Hill game in the works.

Another pretty 'weak' E3 day. The Indie Showcase was 15 minutes long
and Capcom was nothing else than updates for existing stuff.

Not even all of the E3 2020 announcements were back at E3 2021.
Capcoms Pragmata, Square Enix Forspoken, ... nothing.
THQ Nordic Gothic Remake or Elex 2? Nothing.

Why is someone like Capcom even there? To announce Monster Hunter updates
that they already talked about before E3 started?

Another pretty 'weak' E3 day. The Indie Showcase was 15 minutes long
and Capcom was nothing else than updates for existing stuff.

Not even all of the E3 2020 announcements were back at E3 2021.
Capcoms Pragmata, Square Enix Forspoken, ... nothing.
THQ Nordic Gothic Remake or Elex 2? Nothing.

Why is someone like Capcom even there? To announce Monster Hunter updates
that they already talked about before E3 started?
Yeah. I don't blame Capcom for announcing some of this stuff earlier instead of just holding them all for E3 (in fact I prefer to know sooner than later), but I don't understand why they even went to E3 if they have nothing to announce.

Do you guys reckon there is a market for games like Power Stone, Shenmue remake, MGS remake, Tenchuu, Conkers Bad Fur Day, Midnight Club, a boxing game, a tennis game, Splinter Cell and others.

I feel like we've gone an entire generation, and in some cases consecutive generations, without good games in certain areas. I like my blockbuster PlayStation games but do long for other experiences like Ratchet and Clank but those games seem to comes once every blue moon. Every game is trying to be AAA or ends up being a low quality indie game. I used to love playing tennis games despite not being a fan of the sport. I played a demo for one recently and it looked like a PS2 game.

E3 hasn't been great recently but for some reason I was expecting more. Most of it has gone and there is literally no surprises or anything that has caught my attention. I just miss those moments where we would get an epic Halo announcement WITH gameplay footage and quality brand new games being announced. It could just be me getting old but gaming, though entertaining, has been lacking the fun factor for me for a while.

The only thing I honestly care about much at all has been No More Heroes 3 and I’m not even sure exactly where the footage has come from. I guess there was also the Devolver showcase that showed some interesting games and made fun of the bigger companies and their bs subscription services.

The Nintendo e3 Direct was pretty okay. I was super stoked to see Metroid Dread, and releases in less than four months! A little disappointed they didn't announce any Zelda Switch compilation - I recently got OoT and MM on 3DS, but would have liked a stab at Twilight Princess. The BotW 2 footage was brief, but exciting to see, with a 2022 release window. Other than that, a little underwhelming maybe - would have liked to see Metroid Prime 4 footage, new Mario, and the rumored Donkey Kong game. Mario Party Superstars and Wario Ware were pleasant reveals, though.

Last edited:
Back