Random Gaming Thoughts

Downloaded Spiritfarer today as I needed a break from the high-octane action of Virtua Fighter and Ninja Gaiden. It's honestly soothing to lose myself in a calming world. And I think that is the appeal of the iyashikei (healing) genre especially as you get older.

I do not think it is Kojima related and I also believe that Kojima Fanboys are start seeing things and makingthings up. When I think about it there are just Red Flag.

Why Silent Hill? Why now? What happend that make SH proftiable again in the eyes of an investor? Why should Kojima pull the same prank with the Fake studio twice? The first time it might be boring but the second time is just lame.

Fans are making some fakes up. The Name story is just wrong. Kahmran means Hero. Some people say Hideo means Hero too. Which is wrong.

At least according to jisho the Kanji in which Hideo is written means exellence

Sorry for being a super weeb but as student of the japanese language that stuff intrigued me.

I am really glad that we Shenmue Fans are not as crazy as the Silent Hill Fanboys. They seem to see Kojima und Silent Hill really everyhwere.

Either way, no matter what it turns out to be, the reactions are gonna be fun to watch.

The crazy part of me wants it to be just because it would be a masterful bit of mind fuckery if so. The thing that still gets me is Konami, Sony or Kojima Productions could have easily shot this down by now...and yet none of them have. If it isn't real, then Kojima Productions are probably laughing their heads off now watching this...but it doesn't explain why the other two didn't shoot it down. I don't know...I'm gonna be that crazy and lean towards there being something bigger than just an indie game at foot.

Last edited:
Why do you think the rabbid fanboys would believe Sony or Kojima? The devs shut the rumor down from the beginning. But still these clowns do not believe the devs because Kojima did a similar prank many years ago. And now for some reasons I do not understand they think that is happening again. Although there is no proof.

People that do no understand how the Japanese language works tries to translate the westen writting of Hideo in order to proof something. That is just stupid and shows how flawed their thinking is.

Then they say indy dev cannot make a game that looks realistic.

That game startet as one one project looks quite realistic to me

Another indy game also looks quite realistic to me

For all the theories out there you man counter argument that sounds as logical as the dreams of the fanboys.

No matter how that thing turns out my respect for Kojima declined from zero to minus 1000000. I liked his old games but his new games were to weird to me to like. But that he loves to lie, decive people and make the life of new indie devs harder than necesary is just crazy. And the most crazy thing is that his fans love to be deceived .
I am too normal to get. Such pranks would not reenforce my interest in the game. It would rather make me ignore it.

A game should be judged by it's quality. If a developer has to such weird stuff to get attention for his game I really doubt the quality of the final product.

Kojima is like sterotypical rockstar of the old days. After a promising start drugs and fame (in case of Kojima it is just the fame) tooks it's tall and the person turns crazy.

Last edited:
No matter how that thing turns out my respect for Kojima declined from zero to minus 1000000. I liked his old games but his new games were to weird to me to like. But that he loves to lie, decive people and make the life of new indie devs harder than necesary is just crazy. And the most crazy thing is that his fans love to be deceived .
I am too normal to get. Such pranks would not reenforce my interest in the game. It would rather make me ignore it.

A game should be judged by it's quality. If a developer has to such weird stuff to get attention for his game I really doubt the quality of the final product.

Kojima is like sterotypical rockstar of the old days. After a promising start drugs and fame (in case of Kojima it is just the fame) tooks it's tall and the person turns crazy.

If this turns out to be absolutely nothing more than an indie dev making some game and nothing to do with Kojima then how is that Kojima's fault when it was Blue Box Studios twitter page that played into this mislead in the first place? That would be Hasan's fault for misleading people into thinking something in the first place with the tweets that his company were putting out.

Still, the fact that no one has shot this down outside of Blue Box and its head honcho (who up until yesterday remained a mystery in the industry) is interesting to say the least. Konami hasn't said jack. Sony hasn't said jack. The only one speaking is a guy no one had even heard of before and every interview with the guy has been confusing to say the least. Leaving me to believe one of two things. Hasan is an incompetent dev OR Hasan doesn't actually exist and we're all being played and misled.

But again, even if there is nothing there and it is the case of a guy who was in over his head...how is that Kojima's fault? Kojima wasn't misleading anyone. It was a theory that was birthed on the internet and a theory that was played into by this supposed dev and no one else. Sony went coy. Konami went coy. Kojima Productions Twitter has been liking some Tweets but hey, if it is nothing, they're probably as amused by this as I am to some degree. If there is truly nothing to it, all these companies have to do is come out with a statement confirming it...and they haven't.

That's why I still think it's not nothing...I do believe there could be something to all of this. And in some ways, I want there to be something to it because it would be way more exciting than just some indie project that stepped in shit because they misled people.

I still don't buy that Hasan Kahraman isn't some paid actor though....let us not forget Joakim ;)

joakim.jpg

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong but history has shown weird shit like this before :D

In some ways, I want it to be something bigger because it would be fun as all hell to see. Which would I rather take? A mind fuck of a PT rebirth? Or some unknown Indie game? The former, all the way.

If it isn't? Well it's still gonna be fun to watch the internet melt down.

But I'm still on Team Real. I get it, the Japanese thing is misleading, but maybe it's as simple Hassan Kahraman and people overblew it ;)

Last edited:
Yes it is Kojimas fault . As long es he did not invent the letters S and L the whole Silent Hill Kojima Connection is overblown.

As if there no other words that start with S and ends with L.

To make the long story short. A new game from a unknown developer appears that promises good Quality. Kojima did a similar Pr stunt in the past People think it must be the same.

And that is borderline insane.

Why must be a new Horror Game for unknown Studio Kojima related? Just why in the name of all gods out there.

I do not get it. To get it you must be member of the Cult of Kojima I guess which I am clearly not.

I even counter Argument that Kojima fans should understand. Did Kojima ever made the same prank twice?

I do not think so. Did we have another Raiden Moment again when the main character was completley different?

Kojima Always does new pranks. He is not doing the same prank twice or does he?

the HK stuff is also doubtful to say at least. Hasan ist not uncommon Turkish Name. Hasan, Abdul Ahmet are these names we german speaking people often associate with Turkish individuals. There are many turkisch people with that name. Kahraman is also not a rare family name. Even I have heard of a Kahraman already.

A austrian soccer player with turkish roots

I knew it is hard for North American people to get the little details because you have little to day with Turkey but in Austria and other places in Europe turkish people live among us for quite some time so we see stuff differently.

Does Hideo Kojima also known the German Arms company Heckler&Koch bei the way? it also known as H&K. I am just kidding now because that sounds ridicilous but so does the stuff that some People think Hasam Kahraman is Hideo Kojima. Just because of the HK thing and the utterliy ignorance of how the japanese language works.

Another red flag is that English skills auf Kojima are underdeveloped to say at least. So it is doubtful that can make such elborate scam in English language. It also unlikely that he is going to call himself Hideo Kojima in his mind. For him it would be Kojima Hideo.

I really must stop because that is waste of time but I can somehow understand why it is funny for some people to dive into that conspiracy stuff. But unlike the rest of the internet I am on the oppsite side.

I hope I could manage that long text as civil as possible. I do not want to insult anybody here personaly I am just trying to show my point of view. If the text sounds sharp it was not intendend as such.

Last edited:
Yes it is Kojimas fault . As long es he did not invent the letters S and L the whole Silent Hill Kojima Connection is overblown.

As if there no other words that start with S and ends with L.

To make the long story short. A new game from a unknown developer appears that promises good Quality. Kojima did a similar Pr stunt in the past People think it must be the same.

And that is borderline insane.

Why must be a new Horror Game for unknown Studio Kojima related? Just why in the name of all gods out there.

I do not get it. To get it you must be member of the Cult of Kojima I guess which I am clearly not.

I even counter Argument that Kojima fans should understand. Did Kojima ever made the same prank twice?

I do not think so. Did we have another Raiden Moment again when the main character was completley different?

Kojima Always does new pranks. He is not doing the same prank twice or does he?

the HK stuff is also doubtful to say at least. Hasan ist not uncommon Turkish Name. Hasan, Abdul Ahmet are these names we german speaking people often associate with Turkish individuals. There are many turkisch people with that name. Kahraman is also not a rare family name. Even I have heard of a Kahraman already.

A austrian soccer player with turkish roots

I knew it is hard for North American people to get the little details because you have little to day with Turkey but in Austria and other places in Europe turkish people live among us for quite some time so we see stuff differently.

Does Hideo Kojima also known the German Arms company Heckler&Koch bei the way? it also known as H&K. I am just kidding now because that sounds ridicilous but so does the stuff that some People think Hasam Kahraman is Hideo Kojima. Just because of the HK thing.

Another red flag is that English skills auf Kojima are underdeveloped to say at least. So it is doubtful that can make such elborate scam in English language. It also unlikely that he is going to call himself Hideo Kojima in his mind. For him it would be Kojima Hideo.

I really must stop because that is waste of time but I can somehow understand why it is funny for some people to dive into that conspiracy stuff. But unlike the rest of the internet I am on the oppsite side.

I hope I could manage that long text as civil as possible. I do not want to insult anybody here personaly I am just trying to show my point of view. If the text sounds sharp it was not intendend as such.
It's all good, I'm not offended.

I just don't see how it Kojima's fault if it turns out to be nothing to do with him. That would be Blue Box Studios fault for playing into something all cheekily before doing a 180 and saying "oh wait we have nothing to do with that" when their cheekiness caught up with them and got overblown.

But we will wait and see. I'm still on Team Real because I think it would be so much more fun to see this turn into Silent Hills and be a genuine moment of awesomeness as opposed to a big load of nothing made worse by an incompetent team of indie devs. But we will see...

Some of the theories though are a little insane, I will give you that. Some are theorizing that there was no beef between Konami and Kojima and this has all been a ruse from day one...yeah, sorry I don't buy that one...that's just crazy

My theory is simple. Kojima and team went to work on their own survival horror game after the collapse of PT and Silent Hills. They've been working on both this game and Death Stranding. Death Stranding got done first and then full production moved on to this horror game. Maybe from there a deal with Konami was worked out with Sony and maybe Silent Hills is back? Or maybe it's a brand new IP leading off from where Hills was supposed to go...and as such, this is their elaborate ruse to bring it back in grandiose PT fashion.

Or maybe it really is an Indie dev project that got overblown by an incompetent dev looking for a few followers on Twitter and nothing more.

That's my final stance on it. I have no big conspiracy theories like "it was all a ruse from day one" because that's just insane...but I could believe Kojima going to work on a new Horror IP taking off from the ideas he had for Silent Hills and I could believe there being a viral marketing plan to bring it back in full on internet sleuth mode.

Last edited:
We do not know yet if the are incompent. We have not played their game yet. And without Kojima being Kojima nobody would drive the studio nuts. Blue box did nothing wrong. They just had the bad luck to be not know unlike Kojima. And the fame of Kojima made people think He had something to do with it. Kojima made the fans nuts. Not blue Box.

Here read the Playstation blog entry that introduced the game

Where does it scream Silent Hill? Where does it screem Kojima

I really feel like being in Dead Space recently. Where everybody expect me is under the influne of the Marker and they see and hear things are not there. It is funny.

I can't see it am sorry.

Kojima is Abbot, the Unitologists are the Kojima Fans and i feel like Abe Newman is that scene. Funny and crazy.

Last edited:
We do not know yet if the are incompent. We have not played their game yet. And without Kojima being Kojima nobody would drive the studio nuts. Blue box did nothing wrong. They just had the bad luck to be not know unlike Kojima. And the fame of Kojima made people think He had something to do with it. Kojima made the fans nuts. Not blue Box.

Here read the Playstation blog entry that introduced the game

Where does it scream Silent Hill? Where does it screem Kojima

I really feel like being in Dead Space recently. Where everybody expect me is under the influne of the Marker and they see and hear things are not there. It is funny.
This....by their own words

By their own words, we haven't seen the game and the story going is that they rushed something together for the sake of Sony...that's the story going.

That's why people are speculating.

I'm not saying its real, but there are reasons as to why people are speculating....and it's fun to speculate :D

If this is real and is just an indie studio making their own game then Kojima had nothing to do with their misleading tweets. Blue Box Studios put out a tweet saying the title began with S and ended with L....that's when people started speculating it was Silent Hill in guise...that's not Kojima's doing. That Blue Box studios misleading people and then playing into it for shits and giggles before realizing it blew up...if Blue Box studios are even real to begin with.

That's why I don't see how Kojima is to blame for any of this if it is real. If it is real and if there was no truth to any of this then why haven't those three entities just come out and said so already to further confirm the statement Blue Box put out? Their coyness is questionable is all I'm gonna say...

That's the fun of this. It could be something, or it could be nothing. We'll see....but damn, is it fun to speculate :D

Last edited:
Showing a target render or concept art of a game that differ from the final game can indeed cause some speculations. There is nothing wrong with that. But that is nothing only Hideo what do. It also does not smell like Silent Hill. That is all wishful thinking nothing less nothing more. If you really want a new Kojima game you start seeing things.

S and L thing on one of these read flags. I They were not missleading. S and L are just letters. Many things start with S and L. I cannot compute to cunclusion S and L= Silent Hill. I cannot even figure ot the Kojima Connection in the first place. New studio with Horor game = Kojima . Just why????

From a pure logical point of view is hard to see see these things. Let's just agree to disagree. Only time will tell who is right. It was interesting to exchange our point of view.

I am going to apoligise if the Kojimaoligists were right after all and I was wrong. It is not that I want to be right all the time. But we'll see that when the time is ready.

Last edited:
One other thing and I'll let it go....so no one in the industry has actually bothered to try and get a comment from Sony, Konami and Kojima Productions? They've been reaching out trying to find out about this Hasan guy, but no one has bothered to approach Sony, Konami or Kojima for comment? Okay, that just raises more questions for me....

Also, Hasan claims that Sony showed interest in their project after a failed kickstarter that only rose $200 of $12,000 necessary dollars....why would Sony show interest in a failed kickstarter? Fuck, Shenmue III was a successful Kickstarter and they seemingly lost all interest in promoting that after said KS....why would Sony care about some bedroom devs failed KS? Too many red flags...way too many red flags.

It's one of three things:

1.) Hasan is a scammer. There's no record of him in the dev community. He's made a few shitty Steam early access games and not much else. At most, he looks like a bedroom dev and not much more. He's a scammer who took everyone for a ride.

2.) Hasan is the real deal and he stepped in shit messing around with the internet and the fire got too big for him to handle.

3.) Hasan is Joakim Morgan 2.0 and this is a massive ruse for something else.

That's the three ways it can possibly go. I'm going with #3 just because I think it would be all utterly amusing if it all actually is true.

But the other two wouldn't surprise me either and I would still find it equally amusing for different reasons. #3 would be the most amusing to me just because it would be one of the most well played trolls I've ever seen in the industry. But we will see...either an app will drop on Friday or it won't.

818k1CLbUbL._AC_SY741_.jpg

:D :D :D :D :D

Last edited:
I think its 2.)
He was spotted a couple of years ago in Unreal Engine boards,
giving engine tips to new people. He worked on actual games,
some of these projects never came out, the released games
are all very cheap (budget / quality) indie games. Probably because this team is just one guy
and three friends or osmething like that.

So i guess Abandoned is the actual first game where he found investors or interested people.
He said that he was able to outsource parts of this game to other studios
and he has help from investors.
So without any 'foil head' theory (not that the theories are stupid but theres still no proof),
this sounds like this is the first project ever for Hasan where he was able to get some third party support on board
which then gave him access to more help from outside to realize the project in a more professional way.

So where did this Kojima / Silent Hills thing started?
Was it Hasan who started it with the S ... L name
or were people already suspicious long before that?
Because if people started the rumors first, simply based on that trailer and
'maybe there could be something going on'
then i totally could understand that Hasan jumped on this train just for fun.
And then, sure Hasan didnt help, but it wasnt him who started the random Kojima Silent Hills theory.
So that wouldnt be Hasans fault, he just went along with the fun train.
He never said that he works for Konami or Playstation or Kojima etc, right?
So you really cant mad at Playstation, Kojima, Konami, etc for not telling the truth,
they didnt start this theory. Its not their duty to comment on every rumor on the internet.

I actually dont know which side started this theory. Fans or Hasan?
But in the end it will just be some new Hasan game with more budget.
No AAA game, no Silent Hills, no Kojima. Thats what i believe.

Reading about this back and forth about the Abandoned game has definitely piqued my interest alot more. Though I was already going to keep a eye on it since it's a horror title with PlayStation backing and we need more horror titles in the industry.

A few random thoughts:
I would like a new Siren game but I don't know if that studio exists anymore. There's also rumors that EA is bringing back Dead Space. I'm interested in Doki Doki Literature Club Plus never played the original but I'm thinking about getting it on PlayStation in a few days. Apparently it's a horror game which definitely has my interest cause it looks like a regular visual novel dating sim. I haven't pulled the trigger on Detention yet has anyone else here played it?

Reading about this back and forth about the Abandoned game has definitely piqued my interest alot more. Though I was already going to keep a eye on it since it's a horror title with PlayStation backing and we need more horror titles in the industry.

A few random thoughts:
I would like a new Siren game but I don't know if that studio exists anymore. There's also rumors that EA is bringing back Dead Space. I'm interested in Doki Doki Literature Club Plus never played the original but I'm thinking about getting it on PlayStation in a few days. Apparently it's a horror game which definitely has my interest cause it looks like a regular visual novel dating sim. I haven't pulled the trigger on Detention yet has anyone else here played it?
Doki Doki is coming to PlayStation? That escaped my attention.

I can't remember if I bought Detention or not, that feels like a game I would have bought randomly during a PSN sale...but I can't remember...maybe I should check my library. I remember when it came out I was curious about it though.

I actually never finished Dead Space 3. I really liked the first two games but never got around to finishing the third...should rectify that since I have the Steam versions of all three games in my library. Damn random impulse Steam Sale spending.

But hey, I would take another Dead Space just because I really liked the first two games. Or even just give us a Dead Space Trilogy Remastered Collection.

...say whatever happened to Skate 4? They did announce that at E3 2019, didn't they? That wasn't just a fever dream I had, was it? :D

The internet started it on it' own. The Silent Hill rumors are out there since 2019. Reset Era and gaming news youtuber are the main culprits on that.

Look at this tweet for example. The original tweet does not hint Silent Hill or Kojima at all but still that genius of youtuber and twitter user says that is Hill

the internet is full of such people so the whole story went viral.

And you are right @Tosh the gaming companies have to do anything but their secretive behavior makes the gaming web such a miserable place. It creates overblown expectations and then never can be met.

I just feel a bit for Hasan and his team if he is what I think he is. That is not fair towards new indie devs. But Silent Hill fans are strange bunch of guys. They tend to believe rumors for a new Silent Hill without sources since 2019. I hope the game turns out good for them if I am right and they are real.

Last edited:
Yes, their behavior could be seen as suspicious but we also have to remember
that this Twitter, Era, website stuff is just the stuff we are able to see in public. The big stuff.
These publishers and companies also have contact Email adresses,
support contacts, phone support, their own boards and so on and they probably get dozens of questions
'what about Silent Hills', 'bring back Kojima you a holes', 'this game is Silent Hills, right? Pls answer'
and so on and so on. And not just in this one case, but on different cases, over a long period of time, for different games.
Over and over and over again.

And in this scenario i think it totally makes sense if these companies came to the conclusion
that its better to not comment on any of these things
because in the end it just leads to more discussions, the same questions and answers over and over again
or half of the fans dont believe the answer etc.
So the companies are like 'if we have to announce something, you will hear it from us eventually.
If we dont have anything to announce, then you wont hear anything from us.'

There are dozens of rumors all the time about dozens of games.
New Yakuza games, new Kingdom Come, new Timesplitters, new Resident Evil
and guess what, the publishers of these IPs dont have any comments for that.
Its not their duty to confirm or to deny theories and rumors.
So i wouldnt actually say that its 100% suspicious. Maybe they simply have no interest
in taking part in fan discussions.

I can understand the behavior of the companies but for the conspiracy theorists the Silence of the company (pun absolute intended) is another hint that it is just a big Kojima PR stunt and it was all about Silent HIll the whole time. In that case the truth does not matter. People believe want they want to believe and that leads to the online chaos. I hate that stuff but unfortunately it is a part of gaming these days. Cannot be helped.

Doki Doki is coming to PlayStation? That escaped my attention.

I can't remember if I bought Detention or not, that feels like a game I would have bought randomly during a PSN sale...but I can't remember...maybe I should check my library. I remember when it came out I was curious about it though.

I actually never finished Dead Space 3. I really liked the first two games but never got around to finishing the third...should rectify that since I have the Steam versions of all three games in my library. Damn random impulse Steam Sale spending.

But hey, I would take another Dead Space just because I really liked the first two games. Or even just give us a Dead Space Trilogy Remastered Collection.

...say whatever happened to Skate 4? They did announce that at E3 2019, didn't they? That wasn't just a fever dream I had, was it? :D

Yes the Doki Doki is called Doki Doki Literature Club Plus and it's coming to Switch and Xbox both digitally and physically on June 30th. I never played it but people have been raving about this for years so I'll definitely check it out. I'm wondering how it'll turn out to be a horror game.

Yeah Detention has been on my radar for the past couple of years now and I've been wanting to check that game out for a long while now. especially since I can't play that studio's second game.

I played Tokyo Dark Remembrance recently and I enjoyed it I got the best possible good ending on my first run through then found out that to see the full picture I need to replay the game and that soured my experience a tad bit. I never have nor will understand that from developers. Why should I have to trek through your game again for a different scenario or outcome just because you want me to replay it again. If I enjoyed the game chances are extremely high that I'm going to replay it regardless without having to jump through all of your true ending hoops. It's annoying.

EA has a showcase July 22 so we should see something about Skate 4 possibly then? I love Dead Space one and thought two was okay but that first one was wonderful. Such a clever easter egg with the outcome of a certain character in one being tied to the first letter of every mission. I miss those type of Easter eggs in games nowadays. a Dead Space one remake or remaster would be a instant buy from me more than likely Never played dead space 3.

I wish Fatal Frame collection would hit PlayStation at some point.

Last edited:
I can understand the behavior of the companies but for the conspiracy theorists the Silence of the company (pun absolute intended) is another hint that it is just a big Kojima PR stunt and it was all about Silent HIll the whole time. In that case the truth does not matter. People believe want they want to believe and that leads to the online chaos. I hate that stuff but unfortunately it is a part of gaming these days. Cannot be helped.

Ehhhh I'm just having fun with it, dude. I take nothing to heart here that has been said. I think its just fun to watch how far people are willing to take this one. There are some red flags that stick out to me across the board, but time will tell...for now, I'm just having fun watching the theory grow :D It's kind of fun watching the Team Real and Team Fake side clash on this one. :D

Ehhhh I'm just having fun with it, dude. I take nothing to heart here that has been said. I think its just fun to watch how far people are willing to take this one. There are some red flags that stick out to me across the board, but time will tell...for now, I'm just having fun watching the theory grow :D It's kind of fun watching the Team Real and Team Fake side clash on this one. :D

I think the theory stuff is fine as long as its just about having fun.
One thing that i dont like about these internet 'bets'
is when the bets / votes are over and the announcement is out,
there are always people who feel the need to mention that they were right
and everyone else was so delusional to vote something else.

Thats stupid. With millions of people on Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Era, Youtube, Twitch whatever
these bets are kind of worthless, because, oh what a surprise, with this amount of people on the internet
and like 2-4 options for the bet / vote, some people will have the correct guess.
Its pretty much impossible that absolutely everyone had the wrong idea.
So i dont understand why there are always people who have to tell everyone else
that they were right and asking why nobody listened to them.
I mean, whos going to check if they really knew something
or if it was simply luck? ... whatever.

Back