Random Gaming Thoughts

Anyone planning on grabbing Scarlet Nexus tomorrow?
I have a very weird relationship with japanese games.
Overall, pretty much all of my favourite games are from Japan
but at the same time, none of them are 'anime style' games.

I like japanese games like Yakuza, Nioh, Dark Souls, Nier Automata, 3D Final Fantasy games and so on
but i cant connect with anime characters. Code Vein, Persona 5, Scarlet Nexus ...
i dont know what it is but it doesnt click.
Same for TV series or movies. I have no problem with watching japanese shows about feudal Japan,
japanese horror movies, japanese dramas and so on. Stuff with real human actors.
But i dont care about anime series or movies at all.

So while Scarlet Nexus seems like it has cool ideas and interesting enemy designs etc
as soon as i saw these anime characters talking about how serious and dramatic this all is
i'm like 'hmmm, ... mhhhhhh, no thanks'. Its simply not my thing i guess.

Anyone planning on grabbing Scarlet Nexus tomorrow?
20210623_132336.jpg

@Tosh Sounds to me that you just prefer a more realistic character design rather than something cartoonish because it is more "realistic" so to speak. Therefore, you have an easier time relating to the characters. Because as I recall, you are a fan of Berserk which was made into two separate anime series. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
I am planing to play Scarlet Nexus eventually. I liked the demo but not gonna buy day one. I will wait until it is on sale at some point later in the year.

View attachment 12039

@Tosh Sounds to me that you just prefer a more realistic character design rather than something cartoonish because it is more "realistic" so to speak. Therefore, you have an easier time relating to the characters. Because as I recall, you are a fan of Berserk which was made into two separate anime series. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Yeah i guess thats correct. Berserk is actually pretty much the only anime (1997) and manga
where i really like the artstyle and characters. And i think a lot of it has to do with
for example Guts not looking like the typical japanese anime 'pretty face' guy.

I also dont like the modern digital artstyle in general. It looks so colorful and flat and generic.
I think anime like the original Dragon Ball or oldschool cartoons like Chip n Dale or Batman Animated Series
looked way way way better than the anime and cartoon series today.

Yeah i guess thats correct. Berserk is actually pretty much the only anime (1997) and manga
where i really like the artstyle and characters. And i think a lot of it has to do with
for example Guts not looking like the typical japanese anime 'pretty face' guy.

I also dont like the modern digital artstyle in general. It looks so colorful and flat and generic.
I think anime like the original Dragon Ball or oldschool cartoons like Chip n Dale or Batman Animated Series
looked way way way better than the anime and cartoon series today.
Just throwing my 2 cents on this...You're more likely a "Seinen" Kind of guy.

Aka it's the genre that typically offers what you're describing.

ex.)
1624523409582.png

1624523546130.png

1624523643900.png

this was floating around my garage. thought i would share..before it went in the bin.

terminator 2 game advertising, by acclaim from around 1991? (A5 in size)

Attachments

• B462EE3C-B9F3-457F-9CE3-7A88755B62EA.jpeg
    B462EE3C-B9F3-457F-9CE3-7A88755B62EA.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
  • B00F0D88-AA2B-4BF7-AA1D-7C28ADD32509.jpeg
    B00F0D88-AA2B-4BF7-AA1D-7C28ADD32509.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 5
  • 5C1C2871-C50A-42A4-BFB7-5D80A1305A91.jpeg
    5C1C2871-C50A-42A4-BFB7-5D80A1305A91.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
For those wondering i just saw where the Abandoned trailer has been delayed. I wonder how this will sit with the Kojima vs not debate going on right now.

In a new video Blue Box Game Studios' Hasan Kahraman said the Abandoned PS5 trailer will now launch in August.

Hasan said: "The last two weeks have been really stressful for us. The team is very tired.

"We were hoping to release the app today and I know a lot of you have been looking forward to it, so thank you very much for that.

"I really appreciate that. However I've decided to delay the app until August, that is when the first trailer will also be released.

"We just wanted to give you a solid first impression of the game. Right now the app isn't quite there yet."

The delay does not prove anything in my humble opinion.The whole dabate can be compared to a Religion. if you want to believe you believe and start for looking things that confirm your believe. if you are a skeptic like myself you do not say anything.

There no absolute no proof that Kojima (the game) exist at all and there is no proof that Blue Box Studio is not what they pretend to be.

But there also no proof that can debunk the Kojima stuff once and for all.

There is also a new strange part in this whole Abandoned discussion.
One of the studios that is working on this game is Nuare.
Nuare only worked on really big projects in the past
like Last Of Us 2, Ghost of Tsushima, Death Stranding, Halo Infinite, Days Gone, Spider Man,
and big mobile games.

I mean, sure, they probably are going to work for whoever is able to pay them,
but ... would some small indie preset asset studio like Blue Box
outsource their new budget indie game to a studio like that?

Like why and how would some Steam early access one man studio
hire a studio for help that only worked on AAA games in the past?
Is Hasan rich, so he outsourced it to best studio he could find or did Sony pay for it? But why would they?
I'm still not on board with the Kojima and Silent Hills thing
but there are definitely some weird things going on with this project.

How about an yet unknown investor that believes in the project an that's the whole thing about it? Sometimes small projects get big support from people that believe in it.

Would be less weird than the Kojima connection. I mean stuff like hiring an actor , making up things and literally lying to fans is nothing I would consider as positive. Especially not for an independent studio like Kojima Productions.

I know he did that stuff with the horrible MGS 5. But then he had Konami Money to burn. That time he is on it's own. So it would be much wiser for him to use the extra money for the game itself and not for lying around.

I do not even understand the sense of such marketing stuff. Why would Kojima do that? It does not make the game any better and does not generate extra money for the development it is just stupid.

It is really funny how devote the fanbase is towards Kojima and how they much like to be played by him.

We will see if that trust in that guy is deserved or not.

Last edited:
For those wondering i just saw where the Abandoned trailer has been delayed. I wonder how this will sit with the Kojima vs not debate going on right now.

In a new video Blue Box Game Studios' Hasan Kahraman said the Abandoned PS5 trailer will now launch in August.

Hasan said: "The last two weeks have been really stressful for us. The team is very tired.

"We were hoping to release the app today and I know a lot of you have been looking forward to it, so thank you very much for that.

"I really appreciate that. However I've decided to delay the app until August, that is when the first trailer will also be released.

"We just wanted to give you a solid first impression of the game. Right now the app isn't quite there yet."

There's a rumor going around that there is a PlayStation Event scheduled for August. Was supposed to be set for July but apparently got pushed back to August because of issues with the new COD game and it not being ready to show. Granted that is just rumor and speculation, mind you.

Make of that what you will.

Like I said, remains to be seen if this will add up to anything at all....

but food for crazy conspiratorial thought...P.T dropped in August of 2014 ;)

....just another coincidence in the long line of coincidences that this "App" got pushed to August. :D

Seriously though, all fun aside, my real honest thought is something is in the cooker with Kojima, but whether this is actually it or not remains to be seen. Hell, whether it's Silent Hill remains to be seen. Kojima is an artist and I can't imagine him not wanting to take a crack at a horror game after being denied by Konami. So even if it isn't Silent Hill, I do believe something is in the cooker with Kojima. Just whether or not this is it remains to be seen...there's been too many rumors floating around about Sony pursuing a horror IP that I have to believe something is in the cooker with Kojima.

As for Hasan? Could be a scammer, could be an indie developer in over his head, or could be all of part of a ruse that will eventually reveal itself. There are so many red flags on both side of the argument that it's hard not to have some doubt.

So far I've ruled out the scammer option, if he was a scammer then why did NUARE come out in support of him? Also if he was a scammer, why hasn't Sony pulled the plug on this and shut it down? The fact that those three (Sony, Konami, Kojima) are still so coy about it is still very interesting to me. Konami hasn't been shy about denying SH rumors in the past. Why now are they being so coy with this one?

If Hasan is a scammer then 1.) who is he scamming? and 2.) why hasn't Sony shut it down yet? Being involved with a scammer ain't a good look. So until incriminating evidence comes to light (if any), I've ruled out the scam route for me.

Indie Developer in over his head? Possibly. I could see that being the case of a guy who played with matches and "accidentally" lit a bushfire.

Joakim 2.0? In my heart of hearts I almost WANT it to be this option just because it would be a really damn cool moment when the truth is finally revealed.

That's my honest thought. Until something comes out that confirms otherwise, I will remain curious to see how this unfolds. It is hilarious though, no matter which way you look at it. Some of the crazy theories out there are fun to read. People questioning whether Hasan is CG or not is one of my current faves.

Last edited:
Before these Abandoned theories popped up recently does anyone remember last year or so that Konami had two Silent Hill projects in development?

All of that Silent Hill stuff from before was still just rumors. I'm pretty sure
there is still no proof for any of that. No proof that Konami has new Silent Hill projects,
no proof that they outsourced Silent Hill, no proof that Kojima is doing anything with Silent Hill.

The only facts so far are:
Konami stopped Kojima while he was still working on The Phantom Pain,
probably because he was burning wheelbarrows full of Konamis money
without any ending in sight. So he wasnt even able to finish that project.

He then started the PT project and contacted Norman Reedus and Del Torro
because he thought that it would be cool to do a AAA hundreds of millions USD
psycho terror horror game and then Konami was like
alright dude, thats it, we are done here. We are not going to give you this amount of money again
for a horror game.

Then Konami released Metal Gear Survive and then they commented
that they are done with big game releases and they will focus on Pro Evolution Soccer.
So pretty much all they did since then, was releasing stuff like MGS 3 and Silent Hill 2 pachinko machines
and Pro Evoltuion Soccer.
Also the Silent Hill IP got a pretty heavy kick in the balls after Silent Hill 3.
All the other games, the outsourced ones, werent big bangers at all
and received pretty average reviews.

So how realistic is it that after all that Konami decided to try this again?
I think its super unrealistic that Konami contacted Kojima and asked him to work on Silent Hill again.
I think its very unrealistic that Kojima asked Konami for permission to try this again.
I think its pretty unrealistic that Konami outsourced the game to some western AA studio again.

If Konami would be interested in just releasing whatever big project they can get,
they wouldnt have stopped Kojimas Silent Hills. So to me it doesnt seem like
Konami is feeling any pressure to release something if they dont have to.
It seems like they dont care about gaming anymore, i mean they remade
MGS 3 cutscenes for a pachinko machine, instead of remaking the game for consoles for example.

So the only scenario that i could see as 'realistic'
would be a scenario where Kojima and Sony came up with an idea for the project
and then Sony paid Konami basically to turn a blind eye to the project.
And i dont know if Konami would be even interested in that.
Otherwise i dont see any other realistic scenario for this whole
Kojima Konami Silent Hill project. There is a reason why Kojima isnt working for Konami anymore.

What do you lads think of Resident Evil: Village?

I think this game and 7 are the best RE games I've played since 4. 5 put me off of the series for 12 years, give or take.

What do you lads think of Resident Evil: Village?

I think this game and 7 are the best RE games I've played since 4. 5 put me off of the series for 12 years, give or take.

I see it similar. Only that it was 4 that made abandom the series until 7. But yeah 7 and 8 are really good games that managed to make old Re Formula attractive for old and new fans. It still has the old DNA of the old games in it but just with a more modern coat.

4 on the other hand killed everything hat made Re great in the first place and had a nonse story that has nothing to with the old series.

After real Re 4 with the end of Umbrella the formula of 4 could have worked really well.

But it is clear that Capcom cannot count The also called the real Re 3 Code Veronica Code Veronica and turned a game with DLC character into the 3 part.

I like Re 3 Nemesis. It is a good game but not real sequal unlike Code Veroncia.

im just thankful they are still making 3rd person resident evil games along side these new first person ones.
i totally understand why people like these first person resident evil games but they just make me feel sick.

i did hear a rumour that they were remaking resident evil 4 but i would much rather play a code veronica remake.

I seldom encounter gamer s who dislike RE4. Interesting.

It is just us old school RE Fans that still think the old forumula was and is perfect and that Re 4 destroyed everything about RE. We are a rare bread. There are not many of us.

But I am not suprised that game is so popular. It killed of the old fanbase but with making it more casual and generic it attracted way more fans.

It pains me to say that but Re 4 might have saved the series in the long run. The old and true Resident Evil was niche game not suitable for everbody. The sales went downhill with each entry so without turning the game into a generic shooter the series might have vanished.

I still do not like the game, the never will but I understand the popularity of it and also the effect it had on the series.

I have a similar thought to RE4, I don't heavily dislike it but it is one of the least favourite in the series for me (RE0 is my worst with it's god awful duo-cast gameplay). I like portions of RE4, mostly the Village portion and the later Lab section but found other areas to be really goofy - the castle with the Napolean midget being too much for me.

Once again there are portions liked, the Village portions were great and I enjoyed the Castle sections especially the way to take out the vamperic sisters. But other sections felt like they were just too over the top and silly. I've never been able to take dolls seriously in any horror movie, so having that integrated into RE did nothing for me.

But worst of all was the Factory, I hated everything about this location! The dingy environment, the Terminator inspired enemies and the maze-like level design which didn't show broken-walled pathways on the map - I eventually found myself sprinting laps around the area just to find a damn exit! Then the boss at the end was something out of Michael Bay's Transformers.

I just feel this entry pushed the series too far into the realms of fantasy, to the point now where it feels like death in this universe is of little consequence. I know we've had returning characters before but the way the mold works and extra details in the post credit sequence really broke concepts of the lore for me.

I love RE7, it was a great return to form for RE, very suspenseful and each character encounter was memorable. But RE8 pushed it too far towards the action/fantasy route that It just wasn't for me. But when RE9 comes along, I will happily take it as another FPS. I do however think Code Veronica is in need of a remake - Not one of my favourite titles as it is what spawned Super-Wesker but a remake could tone them aspects down a bit.

Also, shout out to RE6. I think it gets WAY to much hate at times. I think both RE5 & 6 while not great RE games, they make for some of the best co-op action games ... well, EVER! I also think Chris's campaign is pretty solid as an RE narrative - Jake's wasn't too bad either really. RE6 also features the best version of Mercs, playing that co-op is a blast! The PS4 version has all the extra maps too so that's an added benefit. I see RE6 has obvious flaws but truth be told it's probably on the higher end of my ranking for RE games.

Back