Random Gaming Thoughts

What i dont understand about the newest RE games is,
it was Capcom who said that the RE fans didnt really enjoy
the focus on action and the overdone blockbuster stories in RE 5 and 6,
thats why they wanted to go back to the basics with RE 7.
One character, smaller game world, more atmoshperic.
They received great player feedback for the first half of RE 7,
most of the criticism was for the second half of the game. The shooter action part.

Then cut: And basically they did the exact same structure with RE Village again.
The positive and the negative things
and on top of that they also changed the story setting back to blockbuster style.
RE 7 was kind of its own thing where it didnt really matter what else you know about the universe,
but Village is set in the existing world of the old games and its full of story snippets of the other games.
Now with the ending of Village and all the story teasing there,
i feel like we are back at the exact same problem that RE 5 & 6 had.

With the soldier stuff, the 'super powers' etc ...
like how are they going to do a new creepy small atmospheric game with that setup?
I think this whole overdone blockbuster thing
will repeat itself with the sequel. And then we are at the exact same spot / problem,
as with RE 6 again ...

I was getting excited for the PS5 Re-release of Greed Fall... Until I just saw the listing on Amazon:
Box Contains
Game disc, 3 lithographs, DLC code, Poster, Sticker sheet
SO fed up with games doing this, the game is being re-released on a UHD disc with 100GB! How can they not put the extra content on disc? This makes for another re-release completely redundant.

@Tosh Each Resident Evil Game is done by different people. They have no continuity. Each team does whatever they wants. Sometimes it fits the general of taste of the public sometimes it does not. They could just ignore the Ending of 8 and make the new game compeletly different. Like they did with RE 4. In Code Veronica they promised a final fight with Umbrella and then in RE 4 it just went bankrupt after Racoon City. Does not make sense because in Code Veroncia that played month after the end Raccon City. There is no logic behind the making process of the RE games.

It has always been that way and always will be.

I'm enjoying Mario Galaxy, but anything to do with motion controls kind of sucks.

im currently playing ratchet and clank rifts apart. its my first true ps5 game.. the graphics are amazing.

its also the first game on the ps5, i have played which takes advantage of the new ps5 controller triggers - i love it.. you get added resistance depending on the weapon and if your shooting a machine gun, the trigger vibrates like an old school arcade gun.

Thinking how long I can hold off getting a PS5 before resorting to signing up to one of those Twitter stock pages and staying up to godly morning hours to catch a stock drop.

I am not really playing anything at the moment. I go on Rocket League but that's more of an excuse to catch up with my brother. We don't really understand how the whole league thing works so are not very competitive with it as we can't see an end goal.

I'm only really missing out on Spiderman and Ratchet and Clank. If the new PES game has significant improvements to its graphics, that may prompt me. Otherwise, will probably be when Horizon is released.

Thinking how long I can hold off getting a PS5 before resorting to signing up to one of those Twitter stock pages and staying up to godly morning hours to catch a stock drop.

I'm only really missing out on Spiderman and Ratchet and Clank. If the new PES game has significant improvements to its graphics, that may prompt me. Otherwise, will probably be when Horizon is released.
the only reason i was able to get a ps5 console was because GAME (the shop) now take preorders in-store.. there is no way i would of been able to buy one online.

if xbox get a few good next gen exclusives, i'll probably look towards getting a xbox series x in the future.. i much prefer the xbox console design over the ps5. the ps5 looks like crap.

the only reason i was able to get a ps5 console was because GAME (the shop) now take preorders in-store.. there is no way i would of been able to buy one online.

if xbox get a few good next gen exclusives, i'll probably look towards getting a xbox series x in the future.. i much prefer the xbox console design over the ps5. the ps5 looks like crap.
When they initially showed of the PS5 I was applauding the design. Consoles nowadays are playing too safe and I have my PS4 tucked in a corner because it doesn't look good bring displayed anywhere. However, seeing it in person at my brothers and in laws, the thing is too big, especially going towards the top.

If it had the same design but smaller, I would think it is a good look, albeit opinion splitting.

I might consider a Series X this generation; mainly for Fable, Forza and the Start Field game. It shows online that the Series X is always out of stock but I saw someone buy one from Tesco and a Smyths store mentioned they have plenty despite online saying out of stock.

Reactions: red
When they initially showed of the PS5 I was applauding the design. Consoles nowadays are playing too safe and I have my PS4 tucked in a corner because it doesn't look good bring displayed anywhere. However, seeing it in person at my brothers and in laws, the thing is too big, especially going towards the top.

If it had the same design but smaller, I would think it is a good look, albeit opinion splitting.

I might consider a Series X this generation; mainly for Fable, Forza and the Start Field game. It shows online that the Series X is always out of stock but I saw someone buy one from Tesco and a Smyths store mentioned they have plenty despite online saying out of stock.

another one of the bad designs of the ps5 is the console light.. it's unnecessary and quite bright..also it sucks that there is no free tv apps on the ps5 yet (for example, no bbc iplayer , channel4 , itv or channel5 app)..also i don't care too much but there is no internet browser on the ps5.

with the xbox series x, i know GAME instore and argos online seem to get them in stock quite often. it seems to be a bit easier to buy than the ps5.

another one of the bad designs of the ps5 is the console light.. it's unnecessary and quite bright..also it sucks that there is no free tv apps on the ps5 yet (for example, no bbc iplayer , channel4 , itv or channel5 app)..also i don't care too much but there is no internet browser on the ps5.

with the xbox series x, i know GAME instore and argos online seem to get them in stock quite often. it seems to be a bit easier to buy than the ps5.

I would kill for a true media player app on the thing...but alas, nothing yet.

Reactions: red
just curios, any of u guys a stadia owner/ subscriber? can it really play on anything even if it's a low end spec hardware?
Yes, even on a smartphone or tablet as it is a cloud gaming service like Shadow or GFN. And the best part is that you get to play games with the highest graphical settings possible like an high end PC, though locked to a 60 fps cap and 1080p (except for Shadow).
Edit: Actually on Stadia you can do 4K at 30fps if you wish

While I am excited for the second Aragami, it has made me a bit nostalgic for the Tenchu franchise again. I hope From Software does develop another title or a soft reboot of the series. There are just so many possibilities that Tenchu could take if it made a comeback.

just curios, any of u guys a stadia owner/ subscriber? can it really play on anything even if it's a low end spec hardware?
I played it both on my phone and on the TV via Chromecast. Both work flawlessly. Certainly better than streaming your Xbox One (disclaimer: I haven't used Xbox's X-Cloud or Game Pass Ultimate or whatever it wants to call itself) It's a good service in terms of streaming quality, it's just everything else that's a bit pants.

They've just showed the new trailer for PES 2022, or now eFootball and what a disappointment. "The death of video games" literally came to mind after the trailer was finished. It's a now free to play game that is also cross-platform multiplayer with mobile. This therefore means that the crap sever test the released actually represented the gameplay. The graphics between what was tested and promised to what has been shown is remarkably disappointing.

Another company selling out to microtransactions and the mobile market. I skipped the last update and it looks like I'll be skipping this too.

Back