Random Gaming Thoughts

I just beat Metroid Dread on Hard Mode under 4 hours (barely made it too) and while I had a great time, I gotta say the rewards are very underwhelming. Kind of wish they gave us some gameplay enhancement or unlockable costume for our trouble.

Regardless, once you learn the patterns and developing the muscle memory to utilize the different power ups the game becomes a fantastic time. I also have to compliment the Hard Mode in that it's not an incredibly unfair ramp in difficulty. Games like these, developers tend to not be able to help themselves and increase the amount of enemies to ludicrous levels as well as making them bullet sponges. Normal was hard enough so it was nice to see Hard Mode be reasonable.

Great game.

Man, I'm watching Resonant Arc Podcast of Xenogears while I'm watching the "xenogears movie" (basically a 17h cut of most of the story dialogue). And damn if I'm not fascinated by it, can be one of my favorite games ever (even if I didn't actually play it, like how I love SH2 without playing it).
I really would like for japan to start making some walking sims instead of VN, would be really cool to see narratives like these realized in full 3D without having to pad everything to a +50 hour game.
Also really makes you realize it's almost impossible to see a game with such a big scope these days, it would have to be a 10 part game (if going the FFVIIR route).
It was really a magical time for gaming damn.

View attachment 13749
I just got a 2 Month trial for 55p for Game Pass Ultimate - so now have a list of games to blitz through in the next few months! I reckon it should be possible :)
Good list of games; I'm particularly interested in playing Lake and Sable. I've got them on my Steam Wishlist.

The latest episode of Game Center CX features Space Harrier as its main challenge! He alternates between the Mark III and Saturn versions. I probably shouldn't post a link to the episode, but it's easy enough to find with Google. Very entertaining despite being all in Japanese.

4nKNwpc.png

Playing Horizon Forbidden West on PS5 in resolution mode. I loved the original but there’s so many small glitches and changes which frustrate and pull me out of the experience.

I hope Gorilla can patch this and hopefully offer a 40 FPS mode.

Reactions: red
Playing Horizon Forbidden West on PS5 in resolution mode. I loved the original but there’s so many small glitches and changes which frustrate and pull me out of the experience.

I hope Gorilla can patch this and hopefully offer a 40 FPS mode.
that's the problem with new games.. they don't care, they are quite happy to release them with bugs.

seems like the best thing to do is wait 2-4 months after release till they patch everything.

Last edited:
that's the problem with new games.. they don't care, they are quite happy to release them with bug.

seems like the best thing to do is wait 2-4 months after release till they patch everything.
Typically Sony 1st party stuff has been solid to excellent. This is an exception, as I’ve encountered more bugs than I care to recount.

It’s a shame as when game is good is really good but those small issues and larger structural changes are making me enjoy game less than the original.

The thing that really pisses me off the most when people talk about MGS2 is when people say Kojima predicted the future we're in right now with the digital ID, the bastardization of the use of "misinformation" and other crap. In the same breath they fully support the use of a digital footprint when that started to become a thing, using abhorrent websites like Twitter even when it is common knowledge by now that using that website was designed to misinform you & to constantly piss you off at all hours of the day & most importantly fully supporting the use of the vax passport, even though it's just a precursor to the digital ID. Good god.

Last edited:
Anyone know if WWE 2K22 is actually any good? Reviews are kinda mixed. Some are positive, some say it's a huge improvement, others are a bit more negative. No critics/fans seem to be able to agree on which modes are good and which suck. All seem a bit disappointing to me...

MyGM and MyRise look a bit shallow to me. I'm sick of Showcase and Universe mode so don't care about those, so kinda just want to know if MyGM and MyRise are any good and if the gameplay is actually much better, because watching gameplay videos on Youtube it looks the same to me...

Back