Random Gaming Thoughts

Playing an old FMV adventure game Byzantine the betrayal made by the discovery channel, such cool concepts even for edutainment came from the "power of CD ROM".

im re-playing max payne 1 on the xbox360. the frame rate is terrible.

( is amazing the graphics of max payne vs shenmue which is of the same era)

Last edited:
im re-playing max payne 1 on the xbox360. the frame rate is terrible.

( is amazing the graphics of max payne vs shenmue which is of the same era)

I believe Max Payne had a much lower budget with Remedy being small at the time so it's understandable that it wouldn't look as good.

I believe Max Payne had a much lower budget with Remedy being small at the time so it's understandable that it wouldn't look as good.
i know.i remember an old clips somewhere of them talking about how they had to use themselves as actors because they couldnt afford to pay anyone. ground breaking game, still fun but the backwards compatibility for the 360 is crap.

im playing it for nostalgia but also because I want to replay max Payne 2.

on a side note, i would love a remake of syphon filter(ps1) in the max payne style.. where the Cinematics are replaced by graphic novels ( witcher 2 uses graphic animations also. its a pretty cool style)

Not shocked by the specs.

I'm going to sound like I'm properly stereotyping so place 1 warning for me.

Xbox: Big, Brash Powerful. Reminds me of a Ford Mustang

PS5: More understated, Different Focus, Technical Skill. Reminds me of an Audi R8.

The only different focus I see is "be cheaper".
And that might be enough.
We all know in 3 years we'll get a new version of both though.

The only different focus I see is "be cheaper".
And that might be enough.
We all know in 3 years we'll get a new version of both though.
You really think Microsoft is going to let them get away with a price advantage this time? They have a real chance to win the launch with all the FIFA/CoD/etc players this time around, so I have a feeling they could very well end up price matching whatever Sony settles on.

If both manage to get the same price I'd be impressed.
But I think SeX will be more expensive, it's quite better hardware.

If both manage to get the same price I'd be impressed.
But I think SeX will be more expensive, it's quite better hardware.
True, but the way I see it, Microsoft has deep pockets and an amazing opportunity to win. That SSD advantage likely isn't completely free for Sony either, people say you can't even buy an SSD off the shelf at that speed currently (no idea if that's actually true, though).

Not impressed at all with xbox x nor ps5.

They feel just glorified pcs with no real advantage with pcs when we need to install ganes, etc...

I hope this next gen does not skyrocket even more game development costs and AAA industry can have some leeway on experimentating a bit more.

With the next generation, if all the stuff about loading speeds and how that changes game design actually works on next generation games and makes a significant improvement, then I'm all in. I got enough years out of my Xbox 360, PS3 and PS4 that price does not concern me too much as spread over the years, it's a bargain.

As always, I wonder if this generation can go on a couple more years though as the start to next gen hardly seem worth the investment recently.

Last edited:
How long have you had a PS
With the next generation, if all the stuff about loading speeds and how that changes game design actually works on next generation games and makes a significant improvement, then I'm all in. I got enough years out of my Xbox 360, PS4 and PS5 that price does not concern me too much as spread over the years, it's a bargain.

As always, I wonder if this generation can go on a couple more years though as the start to next gen hardly seem worth the investment recently.
How do you already have a PS5?! :eek:

I find asassins creed Unity more enjoyable than odyssey.
And also the graphics are better (and the closer camera let's you look more at the details).

I find asassins creed Unity more enjoyable than odyssey.
And also the graphics are better (and the closer camera let's you look more at the details).

i refuse to play any new assassins creed games. they completely messed the story up after they killed off desmond.. the games are just meh now.

Short on money after rent, so either way I’ll have to get the new Animal Crossing next Wednesday, but unfortunately I may have to go digital due to this craziness. I suppose it’s for the best because I can’t support any game store staying open right now. Already had issues with GameStop but they’ve made my decision for me in no longer shopping there. Just hope there will still be a secondhand market as to not get rid of physical copies for good.

Whats the best way to hook up Dreamcast VGA to a new TV which doesn't have VGA.

Straight DC -> HDMI looks worse then DC -> VGA.

I am interested to know the best option so I can play the DC looking its absolute very best.

Back