Random Gaming Thoughts

Part of me misses the days when video games were a lot simpler in nature. Today it seems every video game wants to be this grand epic instead of just being fun to play. You don't always need a complex narrative or systems to have fun. Just have fun for the sake of fun.

I try a long time to install the first Doom from 1993 and i have the problem that the Installer is trying to install the first floppy, but it's cancel the install-progress automaticly after reading a couple of bytes. I have this issue always on floppy 1. All the other floppies are okay.

doom install error.JPG

No surprise; I had something purchased on 03/03/20 that FINALLY left the shipping facility, yesterday afternoon (GMT -1:00).

Some countries have their postal service working the same, others are severely-delayed.

Reactions: red
Bloody Roar, Power Stone and Tenchu are some games which I find to be objectively fun to play and surprised they've pretty much have died as a series. Just surprised that they are no longer being made.

Similarly, a remake of Metal Gear Solid will surely be an easy money maker. Why hasn't this been done yet?

Capcom is weird like that.

You have:

- Ghosts 'n Goblins Series
- Forgotten Worlds
- Final Fight series
- Muscle Bomber series
- The aforementioned PS
- Rival Schools series

and more, that sold very well on their consoles and in the arcades, that they just stopped making games for, since the year 2000.

For FF, they've absorbed all of the characters into the Capcom Fighting Game Universe in some way (Maki on Capcom vs. SNK, Guy and Cody in the Alpha and later SF titles, etc.), but everyone else seems forgotten, outside of Project X Zone (which doesn't count, IMO).

Capcom has only really pushed the SF series (and related titles), DMC series and Resident Evil, since the year 2000.

It's... weird lol.

Similarly, a remake of Metal Gear Solid will surely be an easy money maker. Why hasn't this been done yet?

no idea if its true but from what ive read, kojima still owns the rights or partial rights to metal gear and the characters (same way George Lucas still owns the original Star Wars characters)...as they split on bad terms, it might point to why there is no remakes at the moment. personally i would rather a mgs3 remake first

Bloody Roar, Power Stone and Tenchu are some games which I find to be objectively fun to play and surprised they've pretty much have died as a series. Just surprised that they are no longer being made.

It was, Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes on GameCube.

some of the game details in doom eternal look a little crappy on standard ps4.

I just realized that I love DOOM 64 as much today as I did 23 years ago. Fantastic game, awesome ambient sounds and creative level design. I'm so happy they finally re-released the game on modern consoles.

Back