Random Shenmue Anime Thoughts

Very nice about the 2022 date. It's what I expected and I hope it hits the mark. Fall or Winter 2022 just sounds right to me. There's a Crunchy Roll expo coming up in I believe August so we could see a trailer there but it's probably still way too soon. We could get a update later this year from the team and a trailer next summer.

Why not have a little vote on this Twitter post. Will we see Anime news at Crunchyroll Expo this week?

I'm hoping location themes are played when Ryo visits certain areas in the series. Tomato Store and Heartbeats Bar especially.

Just wanna see this get some news....
Too much silence ?!
I mean, in the last few weeks we have confirmed:

- Brand new music / score being made for the anime

- Work is still underway and the people spearheading the anime are pleased with the progress

- Yu Suzuki has infact been constantly working alongside TMS and shaping the project all this time, which should not be overlooked and should give Shenmue fans peace of mind that it will be the real deal.

Let's stay positive and hold out for a great trailer when they are ready. I do agree it would be nice to get some more straightforward official communication but I sense the various parties want to roll this out as strong as possible and avoid the criticism that jumping the gun with unfinished footage could attract (see: Shenmue III early footage)

Was the initial Shenmue anime announcement part of or in tandem with some event? Or was it just a press release entirely on its own? I'm just wondering if we should be expecting the next announcement/update to be tied to an event of some sort or not.

Jesus, waiting around for scraps of info on this project is boring as fuck isn't it? No concept art or screen stills to show? Not even a 15 second teaser? Not even interviews or updates on how the series is progressing? It's taking this long to make a *checks notes* 13 episode series? Really? Netflix will probably produce 5 seasons of Castlevania in that time.

I'm in a hurry haha. Don't announce things too early, it's annoying and frustrating for fans. Or at least manage their expectations.

confirmed they were delayed by COVID (duh) and also avoiding crunch--which I love. Good for them

I can chill... it so only an anime, after all

Ah yes, Covid, the now go-to excuse for literally everything. I'm chilled, I'm just saying it's boring. Show us some art, tell us how it's going.

My bad didnt mean to call you out personally, although covid does affect everything--literally.

Mostly I'm cool with the no crunch. People need work balance for proper mental health which I take very serious. My want to see an anime shouldn't be a detriment to an animator's life to be honest.

Also not surprised after the DeepSilver 2017 alpha screen the entire Shenmue IP wil be snakebit to show anything too early.

although covid does affect everything--literally
I'm mostly just bitter that every company under the sun has used it as an excuse at some point, whereas in the public sector and and those in key worker positions (and in my line of work), they can't. I (we) haven't been able to once, despite having additional pressure and workload being added onto normal duties last year as a result of Covid. In fact earlier this year, statutory responsibilities I have to do on an annual basis had even tighter deadlines than usual. I don't know, I'm sorry, but I have become pretty cynical when I have heard companies cite Covid as an excuse for anything. I personally feel Shenmue is pretty cursed and pandemic or no pandemic this series would have gotten delayed regardless. Maybe I'm being irrational there (probably) and I don't mean to come across as negative. I just find it silly that they announced the project and then there's nothing for over a year. I don't even really understand it from a marketing perspective.

Back